Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artie View Post
    I watched some SG-1 season six when my daughter was a baby, because that's the season that was airing at the time, and I liked it but wasn't crazy about it. Then I went back to work, and we stopped getting cable because nobody ever had time to watch it, so.... Then I totally loved Sam in season four of SGA!

So have you seen all of SG-1 yet or SGA? Your fic is fantastic so I have to assume you've seen it all by now!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      So have you seen all of SG-1 yet or SGA? Your fic is fantastic so I have to assume you've seen it all by now!
      Oh thank you! *hearts*

I've seen all of SGA. I'm still working on a couple of seasons of SG-1. I haven't seen all of 9, 10, and 5 yet because those are the seasons we bought on DVD last. On 9, 10, and 5 I've seen some episodes but not most. And I've seen Continuum.
      sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        And, thanks, Sharon. I appreciate it. I don't normally respond to slams in my reviews, but for some reason, this one rubbed me the wrong way. Of course, then it also prompted a "delusional" "fantasy" fic idea in which Jack is going over personnel reviews and runs across a review by a former CO. This is set somewhere in Season 2-5, haven't decided.

Someone he knows well. He brings it up to Sam and isn't satisfied with her "I'm a good officer" style response, so he then addresses it with the former CO.

Crap. Now I have to write that, don't I?

Maybe it'll be a new Campfire.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        The fanfic cliche that always makes me roll my eyes is anything remotely like "He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.". Thing is, I've used it, loads of excellent authors use it all the time and there's nothing wrong with it, per se. It just makes me smile when I see it.
        So true! :O When I use it, I'm always telling myself, "Couldn't you find something better?" and most of the time, the shocking answer is... no. XD

I had only seen a few episodes of SG-1 years ago, but I was an SGA fan and loved Sam -- so a friend of mine said "You have to watch Solitudes. It's got everything! How can you go wrong with hurt/comfort and huddling together for warmth? And it's totally your thing, the female eromenos to the nth degree!" She was right. Solitudes hooked me!
        I think Solitudes is the one that hooked me too. From that ep, I started looking for the ship more seriously - had been looksing a little from the first briefing scene, but not that much. Then, I got caught up in the general storyline too, and finally loved SG for everything it is. <3

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        My husband had been watching for a while, and I'd been peeking in every once in a while. But it wasn't until he made me sit down and watch "Window of Opportunity" that I was irrevocably hooked.

So, when I started watching the series all over again, I watched it looking for the ship. For me, it's not a distraction, it makes it more humanistic.
        Couldn't agree more.
        Sam and Jack were - still are - a very well-written pairing. I think their relationship added something to the storyline of the show. They are a integral part of the show. I can't imagine SG1 without them. So, as Aka said, they are not a distraction to me either.
        (IMHO, of course!)
        sigpic
        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

I wrote this story last spring when I saw Continuum but I haven't posted it publicly before now. When I watched Continuum my heart broke for Sam, and so I started thinking of ways the indomitable Carter might try to fix it, of a glimmer of hope for her. This and its sequels were the result.

Warning for canonical character death in Continuum! You know who!

Sam/Jack, Sam/John Sheppard

Dead Astronaut -- http://artaxastra.livejournal.com/363047.html
          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

The pic that prompted the first scene in the Campfire.

And later caps from the ep

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

I wrote this story last spring when I saw Continuum but I haven't posted it publicly before now. When I watched Continuum my heart broke for Sam, and so I started thinking of ways the indomitable Carter might try to fix it, of a glimmer of hope for her. This and its sequels were the result.

Warning for canonical character death in Continuum! You know who!

Sam/Jack, Sam/John Sheppard

Dead Astronaut -- http://artaxastra.livejournal.com/363047.html

Definitely a different take on what may have happened to Sam in that AU. Can't say I agree with her going to Shepherd for comfort, or talking to him about Jack so much. (she's notoriously tight-lipped especially when it comes to her feelings for Jack) but it was an interesting read nonetheless

You said there were sequels?

And - you're not missing much good with season's 9 and 10 of SG-1
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                Definitely a different take on what may have happened to Sam in that AU. Can't say I agree with her going to Shepherd for comfort, or talking to him about Jack so much. (she's notoriously tight-lipped especially when it comes to her feelings for Jack) but it was an interesting read nonetheless

You said there were sequels?
                Sam is so messed up, and she's lost everything. And can't even talk to Daniel or Cam. Utter nadir. John is at least a friend, and therein is an idea. Because John has the ATA gene. Not much point in trying to figure out something she and Daniel and Cam can't do without Jack, but if she has someone else with the ATA gene....

There are sequels. I'm going to clean them up and post them. The next one is Continuum AU Jack's story, called Black Ops. I'll try to find time to get that one done tomorrow. I'm glad you liked it!
                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Hi Guys,
                  I've been lurking for some time now and just decided to drop in. I'm quite new to this stuff, so please excuse me if some things don't work or look a bit odd .
                  I've been watching Stargate since it first aired (seen the movie in cinema) and been a shipper since "The Broca Divide"! I've been watching till season 5, after that I moved and had no cable access anymore... Got seriously hooked again a few years ago, after buying all seasons on DVD. Just kept going after this (Ark of Truth, Continuum, SGA).
                  I started rewatching SG1 recently; had a little time on hand because of a torn tigament.
                  And what can I say, the last episode I saw was Crystal Skull. Perfect timing Pol.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
                    Hi Guys,
                    I've been lurking for some time now and just decided to drop in. I'm quite new to this stuff, so please excuse me if some things don't work or look a bit odd .
                    I've been watching Stargate since it first aired (seen the movie in cinema) and been a shipper since "The Broca Divide"! I've been watching till season 5, after that I moved and had no cable access anymore... Got seriously hooked again a few years ago, after buying all seasons on DVD. Just kept going after this (Ark of Truth, Continuum, SGA).
                    I started rewatching SG1 recently; had a little time on hand because of a torn tigament.
                    And what can I say, the last episode I saw was Crystal Skull. Perfect timing Pol.
                    Welcome! And I agree that Broca Divide is a great episode to Ship Start. Mmmm. Good smoochin'.

And you are doing fine. Opine. And Opine often. We're very friendly, and don't bite.

sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Hi Guys,
                      Welcome!!

Broca Divide, that's a perfect episode to become a shipper
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Hi Guys,
                        Welcome Lilac!! "The Broca Divide" was the ep I became a hard core shipper as well! A great episode!! (I thought Jack/Sam had chemistry from episode 1, but I didn't start saying "those two are meant for each other!" until that ep )
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi Guys,
                          Welcome Lilac. That's cosmic timing indeed. I wrote that Campfire after having the cast removed from my hand (torn ligament).

Welcome to the party.
                          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Welcome! And I agree that Broca Divide is a great episode to Ship Start. Mmmm. Good smoochin'.

And you are doing fine. Opine. And Opine often. We're very friendly, and don't bite.

I concur........with lots of nice S/J gutter....

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                              I concur........with lots of nice S/J gutter....
                              And fluff, and angst, flutter, flangst, and whatever else Sam and Jack makes you happy.

And you know what makes me happy?

Spoiler:
                              I'm writing a Glinda story! Inspiration just struck! Huzzah!

Just had to say that. Return to your regularly scheduled shipping.
                              sigpic
                              My Stories: FFdotNet
                              My Stories AO3
                              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

And fluff, and angst, flutter, flangst, and whatever else Sam and Jack makes you happy.

And you know what makes me happy?

Spoiler:
                                I'm writing a Glinda story! Inspiration just struck! Huzzah!

Just had to say that. Return to your regularly scheduled shipping.
                                Can't wait!!!
                                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Working...
                                X