No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my god, I didn't know about this until I saw this here, and I had four missed calls on my mobile phone, my heart stopped. One of my friends normally uses that train from Leuven at that hour but she just told me she wasn't on it, she'd had to go to the vet because her cat had gotten a high fever but the cat's okay now and she is (I have a cat, believe me they're Guardian Angels! Mine has saved me once from death too). The Red Cross is in dire need of blood, I called them and volunteered as I don't have to work (and I'm O positive) but they refused because I don't weigh enough *humph*.

It's the worst train crash we ever had in Belgium, apparently one of the trains crashed in full speed head on into the other one, had ignored a red light. That is what the mayor is saying at the moment. 18 deaths, 55 wounded - my heart and prayers go out to the families and friends. For those wounded; please, please fight.
    Prayers to you and your friends and your country from my part of the world!
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

hi!
      sigpic

Comment

Belgium OT:
        Spoiler:
        Ya know what frustrates me more, is that we *have* a security system in our train rails that automatically stops a train when he rushes passed a red light but because of financial crisis *that* train wasn't yet equipped with it. I know it's done, it's happened, there's no pointing fingers but I can imagine the family of those victims being devastated by that. *sigh* I have to stop thinking about 'what if's'.

I also want to say that our Red Cross, Police and Emergency Services are doing an incredible, incredible job.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          So.. rewatched Grace.

Still can't see the child as being Jack's from the way she acts, and physically she could be almost Sam + anyone to include Jack. I think I know why this is, too. I see what the child says and what she does as being separate from her physical presence. She *is* a small child to represent the children at stake if Sam fails to get it together, but what she says and does are, I think, Sam's own subconscious/inner child/innocence/what have you trying to communicate with her conscious mind. I just can't see a real person - child or adult - saying and acting the way the child does. Therefore I see all those 'jackisms' as Sam's own subconscious trying to get her to lighten up and take herself and everything around her less seriously. I think there's even a good degree of self-mocking there, as with the 'boring', and insight into Sam's deep subconscious opinion of herself and her geekiness.
          Yes, I agree. I see Grace as the part of Sam that is still able to dream, cos she is usually so focused on the work that she prefers to keep her feelings closed inside her, it's simpler for her to manage the Universe' problems than to ponder her relationship with Jack. She is perhaps worse than him to deal with the feelings.
          But, this is just an interpretation! There's a similar situation in The X-Files about Mulder and the child on the beach in Amor Fati

Originally posted by Lara_SGC View Post
          Oh my god, I didn't know about this until I saw this here, and I had four missed calls on my mobile phone, my heart stopped. One of my friends normally uses that train from Leuven at that hour but she just told me she wasn't on it, she'd had to go to the vet because her cat had gotten a high fever but the cat's okay now and she is (I have a cat, believe me they're Guardian Angels! Mine has saved me once from death too). The Red Cross is in dire need of blood, I called them and volunteered as I don't have to work (and I'm O positive) but they refused because I don't weigh enough *humph*.

It's the worst train crash we ever had in Belgium, apparently one of the trains crashed in full speed head on into the other one, had ignored a red light. That is what the mayor is saying at the moment. 18 deaths, 55 wounded - my heart and prayers go out to the families and friends. For those wounded; please, please fight.
          I pray for the deaths and wounded too.
          sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
            Okay, on the messed up multi-quote thingamajiggy...
            Spoiler:

Havin' the same problem. Started getting really unfun yesterday. Then I discovered a trick that seems to work consistently for me.

Click your multi-quote posts.
            When you're ready to compose your message, go to the "Reply to Thread" button and RIGHT-CLICK, select Open in New Tab (New Window also works).
            Jump over to new tab/window, compose message, submit.
            At this point, my multi-quote actually resets and gives me a fresh start.

I skipped the "new tab" step a couple times yesterday and had old-multi-quotes popping up again until I did another "new tab" multi, and then they went away again.... so... hope that helps!
            Thanks Bren.

And...OT
            Spoiler:
            OMG, that train wreck. Brings back memories of our metrolink train crash here - and the last-minute decision I made that day to drive in instead of taking the train. My prayers are with those in Belgium.
            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Aw, I missed a really good Grace discussion last night it seems! Although Jenn already linked my analysis, which is pretty much what I would have contributed even had I been here Awesome, awesome episode - so many layers of meaning, so many possible interpretations, just a wonderful piece of writing (and acting and filming )

And I see lots of newbies, so welcome to you all!
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Okay this is so random but with all the kids conversations, I was watching 'My Wife and Kids' and this popped up:

For Jack's sake we won't name the kid, Grace, *evil grin*.

Jack: Erm, honey, why's our mini-us not talking to us?
                Sam: Don't worry, she just needs her space. Right, Jasmine?
                Jasmine: Leave me *alone*!
                Sam: Ok, you talk to her.
                Jack: Jasmine O'Neill! Why are you acting up like this?
                Jasmine: Because you took down my Orlando Bloom poster!
                Jack: He was naked!
                Jasmine: And?
                Jack: Not wearing clothes!
                Jasmine: I hate you! *storms off*
                Jack: Did you just hear that? All because I took down her poster of Bloom-guy. He was naked!
                Sam: Mmm-mmm. Oh, I noticed.
                Jack: *gives her a look* You're not helping.
                Sam: I'm sorry, honey, don't worry about her. It'll pass.

*they both take a seat on the sofa, Sam snuggling against him*

Jack: I can't imagine you were ever like her.
                Sam: Not really, I never put up posters of naked men.
                Jack: See, I just wish she was more like you than me.
                Sam: Though, I did crawl out the window to get on top of the roof to see the stars and-
                Jack: And?
                Sam: Well, ya know, sneaking out - my first kiss happened on that roof.

*jumps up*

Jack: Jasmine! You're getting your poster back!
                Sam: *starts laughing* Come here!

*Sam pulls Jack in for a kiss*

Jasmine: Ewwwww!
                Jack: Well, how d' ya think you got here?

End of Sam/Jack and their teenage daughter

*scratches head* That was so random.

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  Aw, I missed a really good Grace discussion last night it seems! Although Jenn already linked my analysis, which is pretty much what I would have contributed even had I been here
                  Because the other advantage to posting an LJ essay on your thoughts is the ability to contribute without being there

Cause of course I did

Comment

Because the other advantage to posting an LJ essay on your thoughts is the ability to contribute without being there

Cause of course I did
                    Very true And thank you!

Great discussion though, all of you
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Okay this is so random but with all the kids conversations, I was watching 'My Wife and Kids' and this popped up:

Jack: Did you just hear that? All because I took down her poster of Bloom-guy. He was naked!

Sam: Though, I did crawl out the window to get on top of the roof to see the stars and-

*jumps up*

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/o...ck/mem_126.jpg

Do more, please!

Comment

*jumps up*

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/o...ck/mem_126.jpg
                        Originally posted by hedwig View Post

Do more, please!
                        Ditto!!!

that was so good!!!
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Okay because Hedwig and yessika asked , another moment in Jack/Sam and their teenage daughter:

*Sam's getting ready in the kitchen to go grocery shopping*

Jasmine: Mom, can I have-
                          Sam: No.
                          Jasmine: But you didn't even listen! You never listen to me!
                          Sam: I'm sorry, sweetheart. What do you need?
                          Jasmine: I need 70 dollars for that awesome Marilyn Manson Junior concert!
                          Sam: Nahuh, no way.
                          Jasmine: But mom-

*grabs the key's to Jack's truck*

Sam: Hey, you wanna appeal to my decision, take it to the higher court. *pointing at Jack* I'll be back in an hour!
                          Jack: Don't forget the cake!
                          Sam: Never do! Love you!

Jasmine: Yo, Dad!
                          Jack: Is this a modern version to the knock-knock-who's-there game?
                          Jasmine: What? Anyway, mom said you have to give me 70 dollars for a concert.
                          Jack: Jas, I've known your mom's gorgeous baby blue eyes for over 25 years now, what makes you think I'm gonna fall for yours?
                          Jasmine: Because you love me?
                          Jack: Aw you know that I lo-
                          Jasmine: Cool! Can I have those 70 dollars now?
                          Jack: You should know by now that if your mom says, no, I say, no.
                          Jasmine: Oh, come on dad! You were "The Man" in the big ol' US of A. We got money.
                          Jack: No we got money, you're broke.
                          Jasmine: That's so not fair! I hate you!

*she storms off, making a point of stomping her feet on the stairs*

*leans back, reading his morning paper*
                          *his cell phone goes off*

Jack: Your daughter hates me.
                          *on phone* Sam: Well, that means we're doing it right. Hey, they've got the chocolate cake and the strawberry one. Which one do you want me to bring?
                          Jack: Chocolate. Oh and bring an extra can of whipped cream.
                          *on phone* Sam: Why would we need an extra can of whip-. Oh!
                          Jack: Yes.
                          *on phone* Sam: Gotta go, love ya.
                          Jack: Drive safe, bye.
                          *on phone* Sam: Bye.

*Jasmine's still stomping in her bedroom*

Jack: Hey! I got some winegrapes in the shed, you want to stomp those for me?!
                          Jasmine: I hate you!

*Jack smiles, continuing to read his paper*

Jack: I love you too, honey!

Comment

Know what Valentine's Day did to me?

At this very moment, I have a pink and purple avatar with smiles and hearts on it.

*sigh*

Well, to my bleary eyes, there was only Purple. And smiles and hearts. So it's not that bad--could be much much worse, I assure you. But don't worry, the V-Day hangover will pass. Watch two Angst eps (Grace & Chimear back to back on your schedule, huh? That oughtta do the trick!) and report back here in the morning. I have no doubt you'll be right back in the Angst Cavern out in the Deepest Deep End of the Gutter with me in no time!

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            Actually, IIRC, Sam asked the girl who she was and she answered - "I'm Grace."

I conceded that point earlier... but upon reflection, someone(needmorecaffeinetorememberdetailslikenames) yesterday suggested that since she didn't technically say "My *name* is Grace" that even the name-identity of the child is subject to interpretation. She could have meant that she is *literally* *grace*.
                            Definitions of *grace*
                            Spoiler:

1. elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion, or action. 2. a pleasing or attractive quality or endowment. 3. favor or good will. 4. a manifestation of favor, esp. by a superio 5. mercy; clemency; pardon: an act of grace. 6. favor shown in granting a delay or temporary immunity. 7. an allowance of time after a debt or bill has become payable granted to the debtor before suit can be brought against him or her or a penalty applied. 8.
                            Theology. a. the freely given, unmerited favor and love of God. b. the influence or spirit of God operating in humans to regenerate or strengthen them. c. a virtue or excellence of divine origin: the Christian graces. d. the condition of being in God's favor or one of the elect. 9. moral strength: the grace to perform a duty.

So.. rewatched Grace.
                            Spoiler:

Still can't see the child as being Jack's from the way she acts, and physically she could be almost Sam + anyone to include Jack. I think I know why this is, too. I see what the child says and what she does as being separate from her physical presence. She *is* a small child to represent the children at stake if Sam fails to get it together, but what she says and does are, I think, Sam's own subconscious/inner child/innocence/what have you trying to communicate with her conscious mind. I just can't see a real person - child or adult - saying and acting the way the child does. Therefore I see all those 'jackisms' as Sam's own subconscious trying to get her to lighten up and take herself and everything around her less seriously. I think there's even a good degree of self-mocking there, as with the 'boring', and insight into Sam's deep subconscious opinion of herself and her geekiness.

Also, in rewatching the end scene when Daniel and Teal'c are making suggestions and Jack tells them to shutup so she can work... That scene is, I think, almost a summary of the situation. Sam the Scientist and Sam the Soldier, when they have separate and disparate opinions on what Sam should be doing or how she should be doing it, are in many ways distracting and hinder her performance. Jack - as representing the unification of who Sam really is - must get them under control, as it were, and simply allow Sam to be *Sam* without worrying about satisfying the roles she believes she must fill - She has to learn to satisfy *herself* and not everyone else's expectations of her. And so, at the end, we see Sam do that when she succeeds at saving herself and the Prometheus crew.
                            Sorry, I'm still not convinced.

Well, let me qualify that: I am convinced ever further that your reasoning and the details of how/why you came to your.... dude, how do I say it? ...your *Jackless* Grace conclusion... are thorughly valid, and in General principle, I am still in agreement.

But I still add in a certain *Jackful* origin of *Grace* through my Rosy Shipper Lenses. Maybe that's just me, but I like it like that!!

Left open to interpretation for a *very good* reason indeed!

Watching Chimera now:

Dreams are the minds way of dealing with subconscious desires which can not be fulfilled.

<clip>

Thank you, Teal'c. This conversation has been disturbing on many levels.
                            -----------------------------------
                            Yeah. They've got that right.
                            They most certainly did.

Oh... I just had a deep thought! That's not entirely drenched from Gutter exposure!

*Jack telling the boys to shut up and let her work.* I suddenly see another element at play in that!

Jack has faith in Sam, particularly her ability to pull brilliance out of her six, saving the day, the crew, and the Ship (okay, just for clarification's sake, I really am referring to the space-Ship Prometheus. But it does kinda apply in our usual interpretation of the term, too, if ya think about it). Hallucination!Jack, then, could also be a representation of her own
                            inner-subconscious Faith and security in her intelligence, experience, skills, and talents jumping up and taking a stand against that which makes her doubt herself and sometimes just plain distracts herself.
                            Love and hot fudge,
                            Bren Ren
                            ~
                            My stories!
                            ~

sigpic

Comment

Another one

*Jasmine walks into the kitchen to leave for school, wearing a long coat*

Jack: Okay, stop young lady! What are you wearing underneath that?
                              Jasmine: Nothin'
                              Jack: That's what I'm afraid off. Now open up.

*she's wearing a tube top, exposing her belly*

Jasmine: Dad! It's just a tube top, all the girls in school wear it!
                              Jack: No, it's just an inviation for boys to look at-
                              Jasmine: Dad! Mom said I could wear it.

*ushers her back upstairs*

Jack: Then we'll talk to your mom, when you get back from school in your turtleneck.
                              Jasmine: This is so not fair!

*she goes up the stairs*

Jack: And wear shoes with lower heels! And longer pants - and a veil!

Later that evening as they're preparing dinner.

Sam: What's up with Jasmine?
                              Jack: I didn't let her wear that tube top to school.

*Sam grins, walking over to Jack very slowly*

Jack: Uh, oh, I know that grin.

*sitting down onto his lap, shoving the plates to the side, wrapping her arms loosely around his neck*

Sam: You didn't mind me wearing a certain tank top.
                              Jack: We were adults *he leans in, kisses just the right spot behind her ear*
                              Sam: *moaning* Mmm, I remember it not being allowed.
                              Jack: *trailing kisses down her neck* I remember other things.
                              Sam: *her hands sneaking under his shirt* Me too.
                              Jack: *looking her straight in the eyes* You hurt my back.
                              Sam: *raking her nails teasingly over his back* You liked it. A lot.
                              Jack: *gets up with Sam's legs wrapped around his waist* I don't know how I did it all those years-
                              Sam: *giving him a longing kiss*

Suddenly, the lights go out.

Jack: Jasmine!
                              Jasmine: I don't know what happened! I was *just* drying my hair.
                              Sam: *giggling and slowly - very slowly - getting off him* She probably blew up the fuse, I'll go fix it.
                              Jack: That's my Carter!

Comment

Jack: Jasmine!
                                Jasmine: I don't know what happened! I was *just* drying my hair.
                                Sam: *giggling and slowly - very slowly - getting off him* She probably blew up the fuse, I'll go fix it.
                                Jack: That's my Carter!
                                And then she'll have to fix the one Jack just... never mind.

*whistle innocently*

I *swear*. You may not believe it, but I've actually spent most of the day in the Cavern and am just playing in the sunlight and gutter as a holiday of sorts

Comment

Working...
                                X