Clear All

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
    Happy Birthday
    Brooke!
    (JackAndSamAddict)
    Thanks, Jena!

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
    I'm just gonna need your fave colors, shows, ships, etc...
    Just VM me with your answers please. Thanks!
    I'm really off to bed now, night!!
    Thank you!

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    I liked the fluffy engagement stories!

I do agree with the others who think that S/J got married "fast" and won't deal with a long engagement; certainly not when you think about Sam's previous ones
    I'm still in the camp that they got hitched before episode 6 of S9 One can hope right?
    Oh, I so think they got married quickly too...of course I like the big white weddings, but for Jack and Sam and all those years between them I believe the most romantic thing the could do would be to elope. So...*them*.

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    I concur...

from me too...
    Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
    And me too
    Originally posted by Treknik View Post
    And me three?!

(Thanks L.A. Doyle for the beautiful birthday message that we are all using)
    Thanks everyone for my b-day wishes! It was fun at school on Friday, they announced my birthday and my 1st graders tried to guess my age...I love that the children thought I was 3 years younger than I am... My kids are so great! Usually kids think yoiu're 100, no matter what age you actually are...

Comment

I don't know about marriage, but I do think Sam and Jack took their relationship slowly. You know, taking their time with, getting it right. Not diving in head first and it all going knees up, or whatever the expression in. I'd like to believe they got married, and whilst I think it would've been easier, I do think they'd take it one day a time, including the engagement. I don't agree with the idea that they just didn't bother with "dating" as it were, maybe they didn't literally have a first date, second date, third date, kiss, etc, but I do think they spent time getting to know each other.

That, or I'm just a helpless romantic.

I like to think they, in real time, are either engaged or literally just married or something

xoxo
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

I just can't stop drabbling! And of course, short-attention-span mania is making it impossible to write anything longer than a drabble... Anyway, this one here's an alternate take on a Sam & Jack proposal, and it's dedicated to Shannon, because I know her and fluff.

Something to Fight For
        Love and hot fudge,
        Bren Ren
        ~
        My stories!
        ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
          I don't know about marriage, but I do think Sam and Jack took their relationship slowly. You know, taking their time with, getting it right. Not diving in head first and it all going knees up, or whatever the expression in. I'd like to believe they got married, and whilst I think it would've been easier, I do think they'd take it one day a time, including the engagement. I don't agree with the idea that they just didn't bother with "dating" as it were, maybe they didn't literally have a first date, second date, third date, kiss, etc, but I do think they spent time getting to know each other.

That, or I'm just a helpless romantic.

I like to think they, in real time, are either engaged or literally just married or something

xoxo
          See - I fall into the category that they jumped right in, feet first, because of the fact that they figured out all too painfully that life is too dang short to watch the previews. Sam was clearly ready for a life, she was almost ready to settle with Pete until she realized she could be who she was and be in love and have everything she wanted. But that's my opinion (and I'm the one who knew what I wanted in a husband and when I met him didn't waste any time getting down the aisle LOL).

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
          I just can't stop drabbling! And of course, short-attention-span mania is making it impossible to write anything longer than a drabble... Anyway, this one here's an alternate take on a Sam & Jack proposal, and it's dedicated to Shannon, because I know her and fluff.

Something to Fight For
          I feel so special. And now happily angstified.

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
            I would agree with this scenario. The cabin, during the show, was written so that when Sam accepted one of his invitations, that would be it. Hook, line and sinker - literally. They would be together and that would be a perfect ending to such a difficult and angsty few years.
            Which is why, I think, to be honest, TPTB never really considered 'us' wanting or needing more after that. They knew what the cabin meant, we knew what the cabin meant, and they knew we knew what the cabin meant. Heck, John and I weren't even 'shippers' at the time S8 originally aired and *we* knew....

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
              See - I fall into the category that they jumped right in, feet first, because of the fact that they figured out all too painfully that life is too dang short to watch the previews. Sam was clearly ready for a life, she was almost ready to settle with Pete until she realized she could be who she was and be in love and have everything she wanted. But that's my opinion (and I'm the one who knew what I wanted in a husband and when I met him didn't waste any time getting down the aisle LOL).

I feel so special. And now happily angstified.
              Aww, I don't see anything wrong or bad about the jumping in idea. I just, in my own little mind, I see it being something they'd want to get right after it being built up after all those years. One of those "my hopes are so high that your kiss might kill me" kind of things.

I'm quite happy to be in my own little camp on that, and I do believe they got married, just not so quickly.
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                Which is why, I think, to be honest, TPTB never really considered 'us' wanting or needing more after that. They knew what the cabin meant, we knew what the cabin meant, and they knew we knew what the cabin meant. Heck, John and I weren't even 'shippers' at the time S8 originally aired and *we* knew....
                Yes, we knew what the cabin meant. We knew what fishing meant. But the debate rages on... What did the *fish* mean?

My two bits... It's all about fertility. And I'll just leave it at that.
                Love and hot fudge,
                Bren Ren
                ~
                My stories!
                ~

sigpic

Comment

ROFLMAO.

Though, in Jennifer's Universe, the fish were just fine. It was the poor pond that was...

Nevermind.

*scratches head at own metaphor*

Comment

Big, fat yes.

I've always known that TPTB know that I know what that meant.

I bounced, sqeeued, partied, got silly and crazy when I first saw it because I knew what it meant. Never have doubted it whatsoever.
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Aww, I don't see anything wrong or bad about the jumping in idea. I just, in my own little mind, I see it being something they'd want to get right after it being built up after all those years. One of those "my hopes are so high that your kiss might kill me" kind of things.

I'm quite happy to be in my own little camp on that, and I do believe they got married, just not so quickly.
                      Hmmm... Now there's an Angst PlotBunny if I ever saw one. What if, for some god-awful Cavern-Dwelling-Fate reason, Sam & Jack's first kiss... killed one of them... Of course, in true sci-fi fashion, they wouldn't have to stay dead... At least, not if you want me to read it! LOL
                      Love and hot fudge,
                      Bren Ren
                      ~
                      My stories!
                      ~

sigpic

Comment

And Bren, I return angst with angst.

Even When You're Here

Comment

Hmmm... Now there's an Angst PlotBunny if I ever saw one. What if, for some god-awful Cavern-Dwelling-Fate reason, Sam & Jack's first kiss... killed one of them... Of course, in true sci-fi fashion, they wouldn't have to stay dead... At least, not if you want me to read it! LOL

Okay, I didn't mean literally, but I do like the idea!

One of them has to be resuscitated. Haha
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

One of them has to be resuscitated. Haha
                            lol.

It'd be funnier if Daniel caught them and he died. Cause, you know, it's always funny when Daniel dies....

Comment

lol.

It'd be funnier if Daniel caught them and he died. Cause, you know, it's always funny when Daniel dies....

I like that even better.
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

"So won't you kiss me, so I'll die happy?"

I like to think they rushed in, not wanting to waste a minute...but I do see your side too, Wendy. It's a valid one. Usually, I'm the type that thinks taking it slow is ideal...but with Jack and Sam...I just want them to have it all, and have it all right now! Anywho, JMHO.

Yes, we knew what the cabin meant. We knew what fishing meant. But the debate rages on... What did the *fish* mean?

I like this interpretation.

Comment

Working...
                                X