No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just always think of them eloping and quietly letting their good friends know afterwards (or calling Cass on the way just so she has a heads up) - but I don't ever imagine them dragging everyone out to see them elope - partly because at this point, their parents are all dead, Cass is in college and fairly independent, Teal'c is off-world, and Daniel, well, he's stuck in a lab.

Daniel: :: picks up the ringing phone in his office :: Dr. Jackson speaking.
    Jack: Hey, figure out the meaning of life yet?
    Daniel: Working on it. Why? Have a test or something?
    Jack: No. :: pause :: Carter and I are headed over to the justice of the peace.
    Daniel: Cool. Let me know when you're back in town, I'll bring a bottle of champagne or something.
    Jack: Will do, oh hey, gotta run, Carter's ready to go.
    Daniel: Bye.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
      I just always think of them eloping and quietly letting their good friends know afterwards (or calling Cass on the way just so she has a heads up) - but I don't ever imagine them dragging everyone out to see them elope - partly because at this point, their parents are all dead, Cass is in college and fairly independent, Teal'c is off-world, and Daniel, well, he's stuck in a lab.
      I agree and think they did it fairly fast so it was a bit of a fait accompli by the time most people knew. Though I have them getting married while up at the cabin while 'the guys' were up there, so they were there anyway

Comment

Jenn that's just...bad...but oh so good...do you have a story written with that scene? I would love to read it
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          Jenn that's just...bad...but oh so good...do you have a story written with that scene? I would love to read it
          no i don't don't tell the stenos....

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
            no i don't don't tell the stenos....
            *walks towards Jenn's stenos*

Tells them

Sorry...I just need dirty S/J gutter! Haven't read that in...a day!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
              Oooh *applauds all the "sooo married"s

Brooke, I really like the idea of Sam asking, but then Jack showing that he was going to ask anyway! Love it, love it, love it!

I love the love
              I concur...

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
              Happy Birthday
              Brooke!
              (JackAndSamAddict)
              from me too...

Comment

Happy Birthday
                Brooke!
                (JackAndSamAddict)
                And me too
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  I liked the fluffy engagement stories!

I do agree with the others who think that S/J got married "fast" and won't deal with a long engagement; certainly not when you think about Sam's previous ones
                  I'm still in the camp that they got hitched before episode 6 of S9 One can hope right?
                  I was going to say, maybe that is why she is smiling so much in Beachhead. But then JenniferJF shows her picture in the quote below. . .

*headdesk* apparently finishing one angsty story sunk me in the gutter for a bit.

The real reason Jack's knees keep getting worse:
                  Spoiler:

By which, of course, I only mean cause he had to duck beneath the camera's field of view fast so Cam wouldn't know he was there... Honest.

I can definitely say that is why she is smiling. She is married to Jack! Okay, now I believe. Proof is in the picture.

Family OT - made it through the night. She is doing better today. Hopefully my 6 year old son doesn't catch it.
                  sigpic
                  I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Daniel: Cool. Let me know when you're back in town, I'll bring a bottle of champagne or something.
                    I believe that they would have been at the wedding. See, now I am definitely talking as if they are married. With SG1 being such a close family, they would include Daniel and Teal'c, and of course Cassie too.

I agree and think they did it fairly fast so it was a bit of a fait accompli by the time most people knew. Though I have them getting married while up at the cabin while 'the guys' were up there, so they were there anyway
                    I would agree with this scenario. The cabin, during the show, was written so that when Sam accepted one of his invitations, that would be it. Hook, line and sinker - literally. They would be together and that would be a perfect ending to such a difficult and angsty few years.
                    sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday
                      Brooke!
                      (JackAndSamAddict)
                      And me three?!

(Thanks L.A. Doyle for the beautiful birthday message that we are all using)
                      sigpic

Comment

So I realized after yesterday's discussion that I haven't really done much in the way of a proposal scene, and I couldn't let that pass unaddressed, so... I drabbled again.

Short, sweet, and to the point. No plot, just a proposal, with, of course, a hint or three of smut. Hey, it's me! Nothin's Gonna Stop Us Now

And now that my need to shamelessly self-promote has been sated, I'll go catch up on the overnite posts...
                        Love and hot fudge,
                        Bren Ren
                        ~
                        My stories!
                        ~

sigpic

Comment

Well, I'd've had them run off to Vegas, but Jack would have said that was too cliche. Although he might not want to pass up a chance to be married by Elvis.

On a completely random note, the Vikings are playing in the NFC Championship (American football, the game before the Superbowl). I know what Jaaaack is getting ready to do.

Gutter:
                          Spoiler:

**Imaginary Half-time**
                          Sam: Soooo half-time...
                          :: Jack says nothing but is engrossed in the talking heads ::
                          Sam: Jack.
                          Jack: Just a second... I'm listening.
                          Sam: We could do something else you know? :: takes off shirt , Jack looks over at her, back at the screen, and then back at her at which point she shoots him a withering glare ::
                          Jack: Okay, but we have :: looks at watch :: twelve minutes thirty seconds :: starts towards the bedroom with Sam behind him rolling her eyes ::
                          Sam: Don't worry, I'll be sure to give you the two minute warning

Comment

to make it funnier that part of the exchange probably could've gone something like this:

Jack: Sam and I are going to the justice of the peace.....catch ya later
                            Daniel: OK....see ya...*hangs up phone*
                            Daniel (to himself): cool....Jack and Sam are go-....HEY!!! I'd better get a move on here....I gotta go get Teal'c.....I gotta go get Cassie!!!!...*phone rings again*
                            Daniel: WHAT?!?!?!? I'm kinda busy here!!!!
                            Cassie: Chill out Daniel and get your a$$ up here before we all miss the service....Teal'c's with me already
                            Daniel: OK!!! *flies out the door like he's got his own personal hyperdrive...which he does....it's called coffee....*

Comment

*headdesk* apparently finishing one angsty story sunk me in the gutter for a bit.

The real reason Jack's knees keep getting worse:
                              Spoiler:

By which, of course, I only mean cause he had to duck beneath the camera's field of view fast so Cam wouldn't know he was there... Honest.

Uh huh. Yeah. Of course, that could easily place Jack's head in Sam's lap. {SPLASH} But really, the frequent exercise *might* have the opposite effect. Loosening up the joints on a regular basis has been known to help. From time to time. Yes, I am still wallowing in the deep end. *Always*

Well, I'd've had them run off to Vegas, but Jack would have said that was too cliche. Although he might not want to pass up a chance to be married by Elvis.

On a completely random note, the Vikings are playing in the NFC Championship (American football, the game before the Superbowl). I know what Jaaaack is getting ready to do.

Gutter:
                              Spoiler:

**Imaginary Half-time**
                              Sam: Soooo half-time...
                              :: Jack says nothing but is engrossed in the talking heads ::
                              Sam: Jack.
                              Jack: Just a second... I'm listening.
                              Sam: We could do something else you know? :: takes off shirt , Jack looks over at her, back at the screen, and then back at her at which point she shoots him a withering glare ::
                              Jack: Okay, but we have :: looks at watch :: twelve minutes thirty seconds :: starts towards the bedroom with Sam behind him rolling her eyes ::
                              Sam: Don't worry, I'll be sure to give you the two minute warning
                              ROFLOL! Two-minute warning indeed.

Spoiler:

Jack: Two minutes!
                              Sam: Two minutes?! Don't stop now!
                              Jack: Not stopping for nothin'.
                              Sam: For another ninety seconds.
                              Jack: Why are you still talking?
                              Sam: Cause you *stopped*!
                              Jack: ........
                              Sam: Almost there....
                              {Sounds of game resuming emanate from the other room}
                              Sam: NOT STOPPING!!!

Nothin' beats wakin' up in the Gutter!
                              Love and hot fudge,
                              Bren Ren
                              ~
                              My stories!
                              ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post

Uh huh. Yeah. Of course, that could easily place Jack's head in Sam's lap. {SPLASH} But really, the frequent exercise *might* have the opposite effect. Loosening up the joints on a regular basis has been known to help. From time to time. Yes, I am still wallowing in the deep end. *Always*

ROFLOL! Two-minute warning indeed.

Spoiler:

Jack: Two minutes!
                                Sam: Two minutes?! Don't stop now!
                                Jack: Not stopping for nothin'.
                                Sam: For another ninety seconds.
                                Jack: Why are you still talking?
                                Sam: Cause you *stopped*!
                                Jack: ........
                                Sam: Almost there....
                                {Sounds of game resuming emanate from the other room}
                                Sam: NOT STOPPING!!!

Nothin' beats wakin' up in the Gutter!

Comment

Working...
                                X