Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    You did!???! I drove to the spot noted on his map and it's a TOTALLY commercial street. I couldn't find it anywhere! I was such a disappointed stalker fangirl.
    I wondered about that too. But when I looked on Google Earth at that point and started moving around that area, it was actually over to the right amongst a clump of trees that didn't even look like there was a pond there until I zoomed in really close, and then I could see the pond and a house (cabin). On the street where the marker is, there's an intersection, a bunch of powers lines/towers, and when I moved down one of the streets, there was a narrow street that branched off it and I could see what looked like a small bridge (which apparently there is that goes to the cabin). So then I moved a bit more toward the right of that ... and I found it! So that arrow is a bit deceptive since it isn't actually on the spot where the cabin is.

I would have been disappointed too.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
      Pretty, pretty.
      That was really lovely - have added to my favourites.

Happy Birthday Hedwig - eat cake and enjoy

Joy of Joys - have reached Season 1 again in my endless re-watch. And every time it's with extra shippy eyes, so I can see more shippiness. The background music is sooo irritating though!

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post

Joy of Joys - have reached Season 1 again in my endless re-watch. And every time it's with extra shippy eyes, so I can see more shippiness. The background music is sooo irritating though!
        Thanks for the birthday wish.

I just recently started with Season 1 ... yet again!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          New annerb fic. Yummy. Can't link directly to it because of its content. So - below is the link to her journal.

http://annerbhp.livejournal.com/
          Tammy, what's it called? I got a list of all her fics.
          sigpic
          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            On RDA's website there's a list of various places around Vancouver that were used in various episodes and links to a map showing where they are located, and I Finally found Jack's cabin on Google earth!
            Now I want to find it on Google earth too!

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post

I haven't done an organized rewatch in a while but I can't wait to watch season 1 again, I'm a sucker for the earlier seasons of Sg-1
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
              And really, who doesn't like fishing?
              I was sad when I learned a good part of my family were going on a fishing trip together and I couldn't go because I was working all week. The little fangirl inside me really wants to go fishing, but I'm afraid I'll squee the whole time and frightened the fish.

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
              Pretty

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
              Re: COTG recut-- I haven't seen it. I'm perfectly happy with the original. I think this might make me a bad fangirl.
              Never seen it either. I plan on borrowing from a friend just to say I've watched it at least one time, but I don't intend on buying it. I like the original too.

It's amazing how much of the Sci Fi universe looks like, BC, lol.
              I wish I could go to BC one day. >_<
              I'd be a crazy fangirl the whole time though.
              I'm going to check RDA's website. I didn't know it had that! :O I'll prepare an itinerary for the time I'll finally be able to go.

Originally posted by yessika View Post
              I haven't done an organized rewatch in a while but I can't wait to watch season 1 again, I'm a sucker for the earlier seasons of Sg-1
              I want to do a rewatch too, but I don't have the time. And since I just finished SG1 in june, it might be a little too soon to start one. >_< Gotta finish SGA first. XD

And Happy Birthday Hedwig! Hope you had a good day yesterday, and I'm wishing you a good week, month, year! ;DDD
              sigpic
              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                Tammy, what's it called? I got a list of all her fics.

Compliance and its sequel Reversal.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I wondered about that too. But when I looked on Google Earth at that point and started moving around that area, it was actually over to the right amongst a clump of trees that didn't even look like there was a pond there until I zoomed in really close, and then I could see the pond and a house (cabin). On the street where the marker is, there's an intersection, a bunch of powers lines/towers, and when I moved down one of the streets, there was a narrow street that branched off it and I could see what looked like a small bridge (which apparently there is that goes to the cabin). So then I moved a bit more toward the right of that ... and I found it! So that arrow is a bit deceptive since it isn't actually on the spot where the cabin is.

I would have been disappointed too.
                  Ah. I'd never have found it then, lol. I did go down Sam's street several times. It was the correct street, for sure, but I couldn't find the house. I think the exterior may have changed. *shurg*
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

It's time to play, guess the shippy moment:

Last edited by hlndncr; 14 August 2010, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

Season 1, Enemy Within, after Sam is knocked unconscious in the elevator by Kawalsky.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

Enemy Within. Briefing room sequence when they're discussing surgery for Kawalsky and getting the Goa'uld out of him. Jack checking on Sam to see if she's OK after the incident in the elevator. (And in reality RDA checking on AT who was actually injured in that scene).

EDIT: Darn. I so wanted to be the first to reply.
                        sigpic
                        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                          Enemy Within. Briefing room sequence when they're discussing surgery for Kawalsky and getting the Goa'uld out of him. Jack checking on Sam to see if she's OK after the incident in the elevator. (And in reality RDA checking on AT who was actually injured in that scene).

Haha, I have to wonder what AT was thinking after this. New show, second episode, and already dealing with a concussion.

sigpic
                          The Return of King Arthur
                          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Season 1, Enemy Within, after Sam is knocked unconscious in the elevator by Kawalsky.
                            Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post

What can I say? You guys know your ship!

Comment

OK, I think I may be a bad shipper. But I've tried and tried and tried to find this moment that's on the Shippy list:

The Gamekeeper: There's a nice look between them in the garden at the end

I just don't see it. Anyone have a screen cap, time index, hints, anything?

Comment

Another guess the shippy moment:

The episode may be easy, but what is Jack saying?

Comment

Working...
                                X