• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hedwig's OT stuff:

How's the little one doing? And you?
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    He's much better, thank you! And even better now that he's been home for a few days.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      Yeah. I remember something like that. It was filmed at the end of a busy day and they were all tired, and didn't want to wait around another hour or more while cameras were moved around and people were moved around, etc., so the guys all chose to just stand there and stare. I still thought though they could have at least showed more concern for Sam than they did. Sam would have done it for any of them. (Or perhaps they were all too tired to show anymore concern than they did.)

OT stuff:
      Spoiler:
      How's the little one doing? And you?
      In 2001, I think maybe part of the reason the guys didn't show overt concern for Sam is the fact that Kinsey was right there. Politically, they really couldn't. Kinsey would have used any excuse - even a trumped up Sam's too weak to be on the team - to get break up SG-1.
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

In 2001, I think maybe part of the reason the guys didn't show overt concern for Sam is the fact that Kinsey was right there. Politically, they really couldn't. Kinsey would have used any excuse - even a trumped up Sam's too weak to be on the team - to get break up SG-1.
        That sounds logical!
        sigpic
        My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
          That sounds logical!
          I must admit ... I agree.

Comment

I must admit ... I agree.
            Although the shipper in me vehemently KNOWS that O'Neill made an appearance at her bedside later with some blue jell-O and one of his sweet little sideways smiles. **sigh**
            sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

Although the shipper in me vehemently KNOWS that O'Neill made an appearance at her bedside later with some blue jell-O and one of his sweet little sideways smiles. **sigh**
              Okay. Now that idea, I really like. Once Kinsey was gone out of the SGC, I'm sure they all were there making sure she was okay. But Jack was the last one there, with the blue jell-O and his cute smile and jokes.

Comment

Okay. Now that idea, I really like. Once Kinsey was gone out of the SGC, I'm sure they all were there making sure she was okay. But Jack was the last one there, with the blue jell-O and his cute smile and jokes.
                Janet had just removed the IV when O'Neill entered. Carter nervously futzed with her scrubs shirt--they'd cut off her BDU blouse to spare her pain as they'd assessed her shoulder.

"So, Carter."

"Yes, sir?"

"How's the shoulder?"

"Hurts--but I'll be fine."

He smiled, then held out his hand, displaying a parfait dish full of glistening azure gelatin. "Sustenance?"

She took it, and for the briefest second, their fingers brushed against each other. Their eyes met, then held, and Sam couldn't look away, aware to the core of her being what that look, that touch meant.

And she knew what it had cost him--to just stand there at the foot of the ramp, looking down on her with mild indifference as she explained what had happened. Knew that Kinsey's presence had forced him to sublimate more than just his concern for her as his junior officer, but also his care for her as--well--her.

Her tongue flicked out to wet her bottom lip, and she saw his eyes lower to watch its progress from crease to crease. A heat smoldered deep within her that had nothing to do with the medication she'd been pumped full of earlier.

One handed, she held the dish, eyeing the spoon he still held in his grip. Flickering a look at the rumpled sheets on the hospital cot, she then peeped up at him through her lashes. With a meek gesture towards her slinged shoulder, she said, "It's kind of hard to eat with a cast on. You know all about that."

The corner of his mouth twitched, and he turned and carefully sat down next to her, commandeering the parfait dish and raising the spoon. Digging up a bite, he regarded her, his dark eyes intense.

"Yes." He extended the spoonful, aiming towards her lips with a care that she constantly forgot he possessed. "As a matter of fact, I do."
                sigpic
                My Stories AO3

Comment

does anyone know of an 'entity' fic where sam's (and jack's) ordeal make them admit their feelings and they start a relationship?

~still aglow in the 'entity' wonderfulness~
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Janet had just removed the IV when O'Neill entered. Carter nervously futzed with her scrubs shirt--they'd cut off her BDU blouse to spare her pain as they'd assessed her shoulder.

"So, Carter."

"Yes, sir?"

"How's the shoulder?"

"Hurts--but I'll be fine."

He smiled, then held out his hand, displaying a parfait dish full of glistening azure gelatin. "Sustenance?"

She took it, and for the briefest second, their fingers brushed against each other. Their eyes met, then held, and Sam couldn't look away, aware to the core of her being what that look, that touch meant.

And she knew what it had cost him--to just stand there at the foot of the ramp, looking down on her with mild indifference as she explained what had happened. Knew that Kinsey's presence had forced him to sublimate more than just his concern for her as his junior officer, but also his care for her as--well--her.

Her tongue flicked out to wet her bottom lip, and she saw his eyes lower to watch its progress from crease to crease. A heat smoldered deep within her that had nothing to do with the medication she'd been pumped full of earlier.

One handed, she held the dish, eyeing the spoon he still held in his grip. Flickering a look at the rumpled sheets on the hospital cot, she then peeped up at him through her lashes. With a meek gesture towards her slinged shoulder, she said, "It's kind of hard to eat with a cast on. You know all about that."

The corner of his mouth twitched, and he turned and carefully sat down next to her, commandeering the parfait dish and raising the spoon. Digging up a bite, he regarded her, his dark eyes intense.

"Yes." He extended the spoonful, aiming towards her lips with a care that she constantly forgot he possessed. "As a matter of fact, I do."
                    Splash! Dunks head in icy cold water! Erm ... sorry ... it was getting quite warm in here ...

Comment

Sally, your query compells me to ask a question. And please don't think I'm singling you out in any way, because I think you're really more in the majority than I am in this matter. But I'm curious as to why you and so many others enjoy S/J fics that are AUs. Take Entity for example. I personally cannot conceive of Sam and Jack admitting their feelings for each other after those events based upon who they have been shown to be, up to that point in the show. Of course, that's just me. And we're all certainly entitled to our own preferences when it comes to how we take our S/J. But as a writer of S/J fanfic myself, I'm obviously missing a big audience when I don't write AUs, and while I can't say I ever see myself delving into that sub-genre of S/J fanfic, I really would appreciate any help in understanding why so many people find it appealing.

Hopefully that's not considered too off-topic for here. Feel free to toss it in Spoilers if it is. I'd be interested in yours and others thoughts.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        does anyone know of an 'entity' fic where sam's (and jack's) ordeal make them admit their feelings and they start a relationship?

~still aglow in the 'entity' wonderfulness~
                        Two of my favorites. . .
                        http://loveandwar-tv.tripod.com/id144.html
                        and
                        The Entity Epilogue. Rated M so just the link to MeiMei's stories http://shiawmeimei.com/SG1FanFic.htm
                        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                          Sally, your query compells me to ask a question. And please don't think I'm singling you out in any way, because I think you're really more in the majority than I am in this matter. But I'm curious as to why you and so many others enjoy S/J fics that are AUs. Take Entity for example. I personally cannot conceive of Sam and Jack admitting their feelings for each other after those events based upon who they have been shown to be, up to that point in the show. Of course, that's just me. And we're all certainly entitled to our own preferences when it comes to how we take our S/J. But as a writer of S/J fanfic myself, I'm obviously missing a big audience when I don't write AUs, and while I can't say I ever see myself delving into that sub-genre of S/J fanfic, I really would appreciate any help in understanding why so many people find it appealing.

Hopefully that's not considered too off-topic for here. Feel free to toss it in Spoilers if it is. I'd be interested in yours and others thoughts.

I'd love this line of discussion because, I, like you, APA, can't quite understand the fascination
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I don't know if this exactly fits your bill, but here's one that I did a little while ago.

It's not overt admitting, but it's an Entity fic. . .

The Price of One
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post

for me, fanfiic fills in what the show won't or can't do. it's really that simple.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                                Two of my favorites. . .
                                http://loveandwar-tv.tripod.com/id144.html
                                and
                                The Entity Epilogue. Rated M so just the link to MeiMei's stories http://shiawmeimei.com/SG1FanFic.htm
                                I don't know if this exactly fits your bill, but here's one that I did a little while ago.

It's not overt admitting, but it's an Entity fic. . .

The Price of One
                                thanks!

now i can (hopefully) make the 'entity' scenario go where i wanted it to go afterwards!
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X