Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    I take it you have the Gutter Giggles?
    indoubetedly.....

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
      OT Sims:
      Spoiler:
      All this Sim talk is amusing me. I don't play the game, but my mother does and she has a Remington Steele Sim, proving we're not the only ones. Poor man died at one point in a tragic hot tub accident (so it's sort of related to several of our convos here today) and she sweet talked my brother into sending her the programmer codes so she could resurrect him or some such (and make him better/stronger/whatever.) Which is sort of like having a sarcophagus I suppose.
      And vaguely on topic: Just finally watched SGU with hubs. Isn't it annoying how some guys will comment during the quiet parts and then get mad if you try to talk during the action sequences. I mean... What are you going to miss?

*sigh*

Men.

Comment

Haven't ready any of these. Just wish there more of them set in the SGU universe

Comment

And vaguely on topic: Just finally watched SGU with hubs. Isn't it annoying how some guys will comment during the quiet parts and then get mad if you try to talk during the action sequences. I mean... What are you going to miss?

*sigh*

Men.
          My husband fast forwards through the "talkie talkie" parts. I can't watch it with him. Grrrr.

And Caution! Self promotion ahead:

For those who have been following it, the next chapter of Taken has been uploaded. Enjoy!
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
            Up to my old tricks again...

Congratulations, hlndncr, on 300 posts!!!
            Thank you. I feel special. Now I have to post more to catch up with the rest of y'all. Darn!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              Don't know if this is OT here but does Carter still work for SGC or Homeworld Command now that she is commanding the Hammond?
              Pol had an excellent explanation in the Third Movie thread. I'll post it, but if you have any questions ask Pol.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/4...1#post11539733 (can't figure out how to link to her post) Post #5430

Thank you Pol for this.

EDIT - I think I did link to her post. Woohoo! Oh and I forgot to comment on Cags Sims characters. Way cool! How do you make them look just like the Stargate characters? Making babies?
              sigpic
              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Thanks treknik. That makes some sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                  Pol had an excellent explanation in the Third Movie thread. I'll post it, but if you have any questions ask Pol.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/4...1#post11539733 (can't figure out how to link to her post) Post #5430

Thank you Pol for this.

EDIT - I think I did link to her post. Woohoo! Oh and I forgot to comment on Cags Sims characters. Way cool! How do you make them look just like the Stargate characters? Making babies?
                  Hey, that's me! Thanks so much for posting this, I'm catching up on pages still.

And...Stargate Mii's. Oh yeah. We did that first thing when we got the Wii...even before we made our own!
                  Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                    Hey, that's me! Thanks so much for posting this, I'm catching up on pages still.

And...Stargate Mii's. Oh yeah. We did that first thing when we got the Wii...even before we made our own!
                    I happened to check that thread out the other day and saw your comment. It was very well written, so not to create any doubt of the chain of command. When Lt.Colonel John Sheppard asked the question, I immediately thought of your explanation. I had to remember where I read it first though. Thanks a lot for that Pol.
                    sigpic
                    I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

I always took the SGC/HWS as more of a direct reporting unit (reporting directly to the AF Chief of Staff or his/her designee), which simplifies things much. I never heard them reporting to anyone but the Joint Chiefs or the Pres on the show.

Comment

hey guys... I've been away from this thread a lot (job, university ....) but now I'm back !! I inevitably saw incursion and ... Ultra Squeeeeeee
                        I can't wait for the finale even if I'm not a huge SGU fan

Comment

hey guys... I've been away from this thread a lot (job, university ....) but now I'm back !! I inevitably saw incursion and ... Ultra Squeeeeeee
                          I can't wait for the finale even if I'm not a huge SGU fan
                          Welcome back!
                          sigpic
                          My Stories: FFdotNet
                          My Stories AO3
                          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Hey everyone!
                            It's been a long time since I've posted on this thread and I've noticed that a number of you have seemed to have disappeared. I guess that is to be expected as people move on! Ultimately I just popped in to say that I'm still behind the ship waiting patiently for confirmation. I'm sure there are plently of people just like me out there, hopefully one day soon we'll hear something...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                              I always took the SGC/HWS as more of a direct reporting unit (reporting directly to the AF Chief of Staff or his/her designee), which simplifies things much. I never heard them reporting to anyone but the Joint Chiefs or the Pres on the show.
                              I was watching "Memento" (Season 6) the other day. It's where the Prometheus is on a shakedown trip, and SG1 is aboard. Colonel Ronson requests permission to leave orbit and the reply is "Prometheus, this is Vandenberg (AFB?), you have an affirmative for hyperspace window activation." Just an interesting observation.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                                OT SGU:
                                Spoiler:
                                And wasn't that a beautiful moment? Though I'll admit I find it hard to believe anyone could rise to the rank of Colonel and be quite so whiny. "My dad can beat up your dad" is a bit too much coming from someone that advanced in their career. Though I do get the impression said career was on a bit of shaky ground to begin with. And I'll admit that, within the context of the show, it didn't seem out of place. Like you said, it was beautiful seeing him put in his place.
                                Response:

Spoiler:
                                I find it hard to believe a lot about Young. As a Colonel with, supposedly, command experience under his belt, he shouldn't be making so many rookie mistakes. Jack wanted Young to lead. Maybe he recognizes some of the same traits when he was a Colonel. But Young needed to be put in his place (he'd been far too disrespectful to a superior) and Jack needed to be the one to do it.

And SGU not quite so off-topic:

Spoiler:
                                Though I'll admit part of me thinks the entire exchange between Sam and Jack (the "I'm sorry, Sam" and "Yes, sir," over the loss of pilots) was put in there as a quick way of covering (without a lot of time-consuming messy exposition about the responsibilities and differences of being 'in command') the potential discrepancy between Jack's holding up Sam's abandonment of her two F302 pilots as an example of the sort of decisions Young should be making and the classic 'leave no one behind' philosophy they'd been espousing on SG-1.

Not that that makes the fact he said it any less suggestive or significant, just I can't help thinking the true motivation for that exchange was to make Jack (and Sam) appear less heartless during that later scene by showing their emotion over it earlier.
                                Comments:

Spoiler:
                                I absolutely agree. I watched the show with a friend who can't STAND SGU. I forced her to watch it because I wanted to see Sam and Jack. The FIRST thing she said was that 'Sam doesn't leave people behind', that wasn't true to her character.

But it really is. Now. The tone of the show is darker and people die more often but its not just that. The needs of the many (survival of her ship) outweighed the needs of the few. And a good commander knows that. Sam and Jack have learned through experience. And Jack pointed out that very thing to Young.

Young, because he didn't make that crucial decision, has caused the deaths of many of his people. People he couldn't spare to begin with.

[spoiler]EDIT: And back to *completely* off-topic spoilers:
                                Spoiler:
                                And when a friend asked me from what incident Young learned that a near-death experience would free Telford from the outside influence, I answered, "Requiem".
                                I wondered about this, too.
                                Spoiler:
                                At first I thought it was zatarc programming. Is Requiem a SGA episode? I don't know them all.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X