• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    Incursion Spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    Wow, I can't believe that I finally get to add to my list!

How Many Times Have Sam/Jack Called Each Other by Their First Names?

Spoiler - SGU "Incursion"
    Spoiler:
    I am so impressed with your list! I had wondered about the frequency of their first-name usage while I was watching "Incursion", so thanks for posting this.

Comment

Sam calls Jack by his first name:
      ~ * Solitudes (While pretending to be Sara)
      ~ There But For the Grace of God (Before AU Jack leaves to try to convince Teal’c)
      ~ (*) In the Line of Duty (In the cell, although people still have different views on whether it was Sam or Jolinar speaking.)
      ~ Point of View (AU Samantha when speaking to our Jack)
      ~ 2010 (Alternate Timeline at the cabin)
      ~ * Lost City (When Jack’s dying)
      And "Grace"? At the end when she's in the hospital bed? She calls him "Jack" then.
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
        Incursion Spoilers:
        Spoiler:
        Wow, I can't believe that I finally get to add to my list!

Nice list. For some reason I always thought Sam used Jack's first name more. But I can see that, at least at the beginning, Jack used Sam's name relatively frequently. But Sam called him Jack more recently . . .

Spoiler:
        . . . until now.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
          Nice list. For some reason I always thought Sam used Jack's first name more. But I can see that, at least at the beginning, Jack used Sam's name relatively frequently. But Sam called him Jack more recently . . .

Spoiler:
          . . . until now.
          I would
          Spoiler:
          LOVE to hear her call him Jack. It's her turn now!

And don't forget,
          Spoiler:
          she called him Jack in 200, right? I know it wasn't real, but still....

Comment

When did Sam calll him Jack in 200?
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              When did Sam calll him Jack in 200?
              Wedding?

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                Wedding?
                Yes!

Comment

Jack calls Sam by her first time 11times than Sam called Jack by his first name. She called him Jack only like 8 times.

Comment

Incursion Spoilers:
                    Spoiler:
                    Thanks everyone for the missing episodes.

Now the list is:
                    Jack calls Sam by her first name
                    ~ * Emancipation (Calls her “Samantha” when he sees her in the blue dress.)
                    ~ Cold Lazarus (Crystal-Jack when talking to Sam in the locker room.)
                    ~ * Solitudes (When he tells her to save herself.)
                    ~ * Singularity (When she’s in the bunker and about to get blown up.)
                    ~ * In the Line of Duty (When he finds her lying in the cell, then again after she wakes up.)
                    ~ * Secrets (Off-Duty in Washington, he calls her Sam two or three times in front of Jacob. )
                    ~ * Spirits (In the infirmary, where he wishes Sam luck with her command.)
                    ~ * Serpent’s Song (When she has flashback’s of Jolinar’s torture.)
                    ~ Point of View (Our Jack talking to AU Samantha.)
                    ~ Grace (Sam’s hallucination of Jack calls her Samantha.)
                    ~ * Incursion (SGU) (Jack’s way of comforting Sam after two of her people were lost.)

Sam calls Jack by his first name:
                    ~ * Solitudes (While pretending to be Sara)
                    ~ There But For the Grace of God (Before AU Jack leaves to try to convince Teal’c)
                    ~ (*) In the Line of Duty (In the cell, although people still have different views on whether it was Sam or Jolinar speaking.)
                    ~ Point of View (AU Samantha when speaking to our Jack)
                    ~ 2010 (Alternate Timeline at the cabin)
                    ~ * Grace (When Sam wakes up in the infirmary.)
                    ~ * Lost City (When Jack’s dying)
                    ~ 200 (At the imaginary wedding)

* means that it’s Sam and Jack speaking to each other in OUR timeline/universe.
                    sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                      Wedding?
                      No, she called him Sir there and I got really mad/disappointed. If it weren't for that Sir, it would have been the shippiest thing ever. But no.
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

No, she called him Sir there and I got really mad/disappointed. If it weren't for that Sir, it would have been the shippiest thing ever. But no.
                        Well, she did call him sir, but he protested, and then she called him Jack. Trust me, I just watched it!

Comment

Yes, but after he warns "Carter?", she does add "Jack."

edit: Well, LAD beat me to it.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

She called him sir at first then Jack is like "Carter?" And Sam goes "Jack" and he's like "thank you" so yes Sam called Jack by his first name in the wedding sequence.

EDIT: LAD beat me to it as well.
                            Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 06 June 2010, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                              Rude story reviewer rant... mild, vague SGU spoilers (I try to stay away from anything specific)

Spoiler:
                              So I wrote my little one-shot on S/J from the SGU episode and TWO - yes TWO - people decide to take umbrage with something. The first one dissed SGU in the review (said nothing about my story and I was half tempted to report them as SPAM, but didn't - instead I replied and said if they didn't like the show, don't watch it. The second one criticized me because I labeled my story Hurt/Comfort/Family but they weren't shippers and had expected a friendship fic. I replied that it's featuring Sam/Jack (I list the characters) and that had it been friendship, I would have used the "Friendship" tag :: headdesk ::

I wrote them as married. Last I checked that made them family. Just because our SG-1 team FEELS like family doesn't mean they ARE family. And it certainly wasn't a ROMANCE piece. Yes, the person is entitled to their opinion, but really, can't you focus on the story instead of your expectations?? I wasn't going to engage them in a "are they aren't they" debate because hey, if you want to ignore the story line, be my guest, just don't expect me to humor you.

[/rant]

Hmph.

Hey anyone got Jenn's Moebius gif? I totally want to watch Jack goose Sam just to feel better about myself.
                              Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              I TOTALLY agree with you. I haven't had any people spamming on FF.net, but I've had some people take offense at my (advertised) Sam/Jack stories when they are in a relationship--or even when there's a HINT of ship. In "The Price of One", I was loftily informed that I should write in the summary that it would be "shippy". If the summary reads, "Sam/Jack"--chances are, there will be shippy overtones, IMO. There isn't a way to list characters as 1) more than two, and 2) "Team". Perhaps there would be more opportunity to "warn" people if that were fixed.

And I loved the one-shot. It was beautiful. Thanks!
                              Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                              Surprisingly, I do:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o156/JenniferJF/th_mobius2.gif

<thou shalt not post things with the IMG tag that are over 500K in size>

Hmmm... I wonder if they ought to go back through all the old episodes and post warnings at the start of all the ones with ship in them. Though it's rather funny and actually nearly impossible to define because what's considered 'shippy' is - IMHO - an interpretation of the audience. Granted somethings are more clear and obvious than others, but even that which is subtle and easier to ignore than a two-by-four upside the head is no less *there* regardless of an individual's preference to observe it.

Maybe there should be a rating scale available in descriptions?

One can rate the relationship of each major character in a given story to every other character using a scale from 0% plutonic/100% romantic sliding all the way down to 100% plutonic/0% romantic.

Though I guess the exact definitions of whether something is plutonic or romantic are also open to interpretation so even that scale would prove problematic and subjective. Never mind cumbersome and obnoxious. If only there were a way to stop reading a story once you'd started to avoid burning your eyes out with it.

I never said that. I tend to assume the easiest explanation for phenomenon and... well... yeah
                              Oh. Well. If you're going to be specific like that, I think we can agree. At least in your interpretation of S/J being the most likely and logical. Not.. you know.. in reference to the level of obsession.
                              *huggles all fan fiction writers*

I myself try not to read the tags, to me is like having a disclaimer at the beginning of a pilot episode telling you who is going to be with who. Yes, I know I'm weird
                              I don't leave reviews because I am not really good at it . Also, I would never dream of leaving a mean review (I really don't know how anyone can do it )
                              When it comes to ratings, I don't even look but I could see where a wrong rating could cause some issues...

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                              We'll call it the "Squee-Factor". It will be a sliding scale as follows:

Meh.
                              Okay.
                              Wait--was that--no, I guess not.
                              Ooh. Interesting.
                              Oh, he/she SO did.
                              **Gasp**
                              SQUEE!

As yet, the ultimate SQUEE level has not, in my opinion, been reached. We have to hope and pray that someday, somehow, it will be.
                              and I agree, we have not reached SQUEE level... yet

Awesome list SamJackShipper93!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                                Rude story reviewer rant... mild, vague SGU spoilers (I try to stay away from anything specific)

Spoiler:
                                So I wrote my little one-shot on S/J from the SGU episode and TWO - yes TWO - people decide to take umbrage with something. The first one dissed SGU in the review (said nothing about my story and I was half tempted to report them as SPAM, but didn't - instead I replied and said if they didn't like the show, don't watch it. The second one criticized me because I labeled my story Hurt/Comfort/Family but they weren't shippers and had expected a friendship fic. I replied that it's featuring Sam/Jack (I list the characters) and that had it been friendship, I would have used the "Friendship" tag :: headdesk ::

I wrote them as married. Last I checked that made them family. Just because our SG-1 team FEELS like family doesn't mean they ARE family. And it certainly wasn't a ROMANCE piece. Yes, the person is entitled to their opinion, but really, can't you focus on the story instead of your expectations?? I wasn't going to engage them in a "are they aren't they" debate because hey, if you want to ignore the story line, be my guest, just don't expect me to humor you.

[/rant]

Hmph.

Hey anyone got Jenn's Moebius gif? I totally want to watch Jack goose Sam just to feel better about myself.
                                LOL!!! I find this so petty on the part of the complaining readers. I agree with what everyone has said about using discretion in picking fics. But I'll also point out one thing: your lovely, in-character, so well written fic was less than 500 words!!! It's not like you lead them on for pages and pages...then threw some unexpected ship in there. It was pretty clear what it was from the first graph (the location where it takes place)...and it only took a few minutes to read!

* shakes head at some people's decisions to rag on a wonderful writer about a great story *

Comment

Working...
                                X