Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    lol. It's funny you'd say that, cause my hubs (who was SF) had a double poli sci/public admin major....
    My dad retired as a Lt. Col had a degree in Biology with a masters in public admin. He really liked math and science but wanted to be a pilot.

:: shrugs :: I don't pretend to understand.

I just suspect that Jack has to have a pretty awesome grasp of politics in order to be a three star general.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
      There was talk that props put up an Engineering degree - but that doesn't seem quite like "Jack". I've always thought he'd have a poli sci major with his masters in public admin. Or an English degree. LOL
      I always thought the English degree since he despises sentences that end with prepositions! Lol!
      sigpic
      Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
        I always thought the English degree since he despises sentences that end with prepositions! Lol!
        Me too, Amy.

Comment

"Incursion" Spoilers:
          Spoiler:
          I have been bouncing off the walls since last night. I still can't seem to come to terms with the fact that for the *very* *first* *time* since early 1999 ("Serpent's Song"), Jack called our Sam "Sam".

SQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit:
          "Incursion" Video Requested:
          Spoiler:
          I found it! I found it!

<mod snip>

Here's the vid with THE scene between Jack and Sam. Go to :23 seconds to view!
          Last edited by Skydiver; 05 June 2010, 06:45 PM.
          sigpic
          The Return of King Arthur
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

^Thank you so much for sharing the clip!
            sigpic

Comment

No problem!

sigpic
              The Return of King Arthur
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                I don't think - in canon - we ever know exactly what Jack's major was. As I'm fairly certain there is no 'special ops' major even at the Air Force Academy, I'm willing to bet he's not working in his major, either.
                This is what Stargate Wiki has for Jack. I didn't know a lot of these details.

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co...ilitary_Career
                sigpic
                I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

There was talk that props put up an Engineering degree - but that doesn't seem quite like "Jack". I've always thought he'd have a poli sci major with his masters in public admin. Or an English degree. LOL
                  I actually could buy an Engineering degree. Especially Civil Engineering. Of all the engineering disciplines, Civil is very practical and down to earth. It's not high tech at all, and it involves a lot of field work with heavy equipment and construction. While there's a lot of math, there's not as much as some, and basically, everything adds up to zero. All you really need to remember is F=MA and you can't push a rope as one of my old profs used to say. The AF is big on engineering degrees, so if Jack really wanted to fly, that would be the way to go. The AF also gives it's officers a lot of communications training, both written and verbal, plus you get a lot of technical writing skills in engineering so that woud also explain Jack's obsession with proper grammar. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                    This is what Stargate Wiki has for Jack. I didn't know a lot of these details.

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co...ilitary_Career
                    That's so cool!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                      I actually could buy an Engineering degree. Especially Civil Engineering. Of all the engineering disciplines, Civil is very practical and down to earth. It's not high tech at all, and it involves a lot of field work with heavy equipment and construction. While there's a lot of math, there's not as much as some, and basically, everything adds up to zero. All you really need to remember is F=MA and you can't push a rope as one of my old profs used to say. The AF is big on engineering degrees, so if Jack really wanted to fly, that would be the way to go. The AF also gives it's officers a lot of communications training, both written and verbal, plus you get a lot of technical writing skills in engineering so that woud also explain Jack's obsession with proper grammar. Just my 2 cents.
                      Maybe he once dreamed of building and/or repairing runways because you know...runway angst.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                        Maybe he once dreamed of building and/or repairing runways because you know...runway angst.
                        Maybe.

Comment

SEAHEN! It has been a long time. Welcome back!
                          sigpic
                          I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                            I'm basing my stuff off my dad who was a C-130 pilot. He actually told me a bunch of the guys he worked with wanted to fly and just needed a degree so they went with whatever they could get done fastest and easiest (my dad enlisted and then went to OTS so likely most of them were taking night classes). My dad preferred the sciences himself and he's always had a bit of a need to prove himself (to himself). What the actual stats are, I have no idea. Mine's just anecdotal, like I said.

You're right about the comm stuff - I used to get my dad to grammar check my papers for me when I was in school

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                              SEAHEN! It has been a long time. Welcome back!
                              indeed...*crash tackle squishy bear huggles*....

Comment

Inspired by that tiny little line in SGU, I wrote a little one-shot (cuz that's all I have time for these days).

Enjoy!

Command Decisions
                                Great story!
                                Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                                Ok, brain spaz moment. What is the date of Ship day next month? My mind totally blanked.
                                July 28! It's a Thursday this year. As usual, I'll be taking a vacation day that day.

Comment

Working...
                                X