Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    Oh, you read my mind. I've been thinking of a song for a while that I think would make a great Sam/Jack vid. If only I knew how to do that.

It's called "At the Beginning" from the Anastasia soundtrack. It's a duet by Richard Marx and Donna Lewis.

Lyrics:
    Spoiler:

(DONNA LEWIS)
    We were strangers
    Starting out on a journey
    Never dreaming
    What we'd have to go through
    Now here we are
    And I'm suddenly standing
    At the beginning with you

(RICHARD MARX)
    No one told me
    I was going to find you
    Unexpected
    What you did to my heart
    When I lost hope
    You were there to remind me
    This is the start

(BOTH)
    And...

Life is a road
    And I want to keep going
    Love is a river
    I wanna keep flowing
    Life is a road
    Now and forever
    Wonderful journey

I'll be there
    When the world stops turning
    I'll be there
    When the storm is through
    In the end I wanna be standing

(DONNA LEWIS)
    We were strangers
    On a crazy adventure

(RICHARD MARX)
    Never dreaming
    How our dreams would come true

(BOTH)
    Now here we stand
    Unafraid of the future

And...

Life is a road
    And I want to keep going
    Love is a river
    I wanna keep flowing
    Life is a road
    Now and forever
    Wonderful journey

I'll be there
    I'll be there

I knew there was somebody somewhere
    Like me alone in the dark
    Now I know my dream will live on
    I've been waiting so long
    Nothing's gonna tear us apart

And...

(RICHARD MARX)
    Life is a road
    And I want to keep going
    Love is a river
    I wanna keep flowing on

(BOTH)
    Life is a road
    Now and forever
    Wonderful journey

I'll be there
    I'll be there

(RICHARD MARX)(Hey ay ay)

(BOTH)
    Life is a road and I wanna keep going
    Love is a river I wanna keep going on....

(DONNA LEWIS)
    Starting out on a journey

(BOTH)
    Life is a road and I wanna keep going
    Love is river I wanna keep flowing
    At the beginning with you.

(DONNA LEWIS)(Hmmmmm)
    Sounds like a perfect song for Sam and Jack.

Comment

Ah, all caught up, on this thread at least. Feeling much more in the shippy grove. I missed y'all.

Now I must run off an tie some quilts. (I know AKA, not real quilting, but it's a service project. And congrats on your magazine mention!)

Comment

[QUOTE]Now I must run off an tie some quilts. (I know AKA, not real quilting, but it's a service project. And congrats on your magazine mention!) [/QUOTE

Spoiler:
        For service projects, I'll give it to you. I don't know how many quilts I've tied for charity. Oodles, I tell you! Oodles! Who are you tying them for? I usually do things for the Linus project and Quilts of Valor--and my church's humanitarian stuff.

oh yeah, He really really really really likes Her

And She really really really really likes Him back.
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Happy Birthday, Jena!

Comment

[QUOTE=Akamaimom;11569668]
            Now I must run off an tie some quilts. (I know AKA, not real quilting, but it's a service project. And congrats on your magazine mention!) [/QUOTE

Spoiler:
            For service projects, I'll give it to you. I don't know how many quilts I've tied for charity. Oodles, I tell you! Oodles! Who are you tying them for? I usually do things for the Linus project and Quilts of Valor--and my church's humanitarian stuff.

oh yeah, He really really really really likes Her

And She really really really really likes Him back.
            Quilts OT:
            Spoiler:
            Several years back I made quite a few children sized quilts and donated all of them to the Children's Advocacy Center. Whenever a child had to be processed through the center because of domestic problems in their homes, each child got to pick out a quilt they liked and keep it. I was told some of those children even took their little quilts with them to court, because it made them feel better, and I had one of those "aaaaw" moments and got a lump in my throat and wanted to rush home and make more quilts to give them.

Comment

if sam made a quilt for jack, but before they got together, what would she put on it?
              sally

sigpic

Comment

if sam made a quilt for jack, but before they got together, what would she put on it?
                Mariner's Compass, Log Cabin, Eight Point Star, or maybe Trip Around the World.

The better question is, would Sam actually quilt? I've been pondering a Sam/Janet short fic where Janet drags Sam to a quilting class, but have been wondering about the realism of that. I think I'll probably write it, just because I think it would be funny, but I'm not certain that's where her strengths would lie. My Sister in law is an engineer, and has a hard time working with fabric. . .it's too fluid for her.

Paper piecing, now. I can see her enjoying that.

But making a quilt for Jack? I think that might be a little too personal for them before they get together.
                sigpic
                My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  Irish chain.

Comment

Irish chain.
                    or a Double Irish Chain. I think she'd like the challenge.

In varying shades of Peridot. . .

Spoiler:
                    Because Glinda's already making him a Log Cabin quilt. . . king sized. . .
                    sigpic
                    My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                      Mariner's Compass, Log Cabin, Eight Point Star, or maybe Trip Around the World.

The better question is, would Sam actually quilt? I've been pondering a Sam/Janet short fic where Janet drags Sam to a quilting class, but have been wondering about the realism of that. I think I'll probably write it, just because I think it would be funny, but I'm not certain that's where her strengths would lie. My Sister in law is an engineer, and has a hard time working with fabric. . .it's too fluid for her.

Paper piecing, now. I can see her enjoying that.

But making a quilt for Jack? I think that might be a little too personal for them before they get together.
                      Quilting - quite OT:
                      Spoiler:
                      Several years back when I did some temp work for a lady attorney, she found out I quilted and asked if I'd be interested in finishing a quilt for her that she started "many" years earlier. Like an idiot, I said yes, and almost gave it back to her when I found out what it was. But since I said I'd do it, I figured I should do it. It was a Texas Star type pattern (or Radiant Star), and 25 years prior she had handcut each and every piece of the star, and hand-stitched it all together, and still had that part of it, but never finished it. She said she had given it to two other quilters along the way and they had both wound up giving it back to her for one reason or another. I nearly did myself in figuring out how to put the corner blocks in and the sashing and border, and so forth and I drove at least 100 miles to various quilt shops looking for quilt fabric for the border, since she had never gotten around to buying any and nobody made quilt fabric after all those years that blended with the rest of it. I finally got it finished and took it to a local quilter who had done some award winning machine quilting and it turned out rather spectacular if I do say so myself, and Michelle was totally delighted, and it wasn't till it was done that she told me her mother and grandmother had helped her cut the pieces and so forth (and both had since passed away), so there was a lot of sentimental attachment to it for her. And then she turned around and did the most generous thing with it by giving it to a friend who was dying of cancer. I still get a tad weepy when I think about it. But she got it back later after the friend had passed away. I was happy to have had a little part in getting it done for her.

Comment

Quilting - quite OT
                        AWW. Sweet.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

[QUOTE=hedwig;11569837]

Quilts OT:
                          Spoiler:
                          Several years back I made quite a few children sized quilts and donated all of them to the Children's Advocacy Center. Whenever a child had to be processed through the center because of domestic problems in their homes, each child got to pick out a quilt they liked and keep it. I was told some of those children even took their little quilts with them to court, because it made them feel better, and I had one of those "aaaaw" moments and got a lump in my throat and wanted to rush home and make more quilts to give them.
                          OT Quilts for charity:

Spoiler:
                          Tonight we were making quilts for several girls in our church heading off to college. (Our little girls are all grown up.) I prefer crochet myself. I make blankets for a local hospital for stillborns and premies who don't make it. The hospital takes a picture of the baby in a simple gown with the blanket and then gives the picture and the blanket to the parents as a remembrance of their little one. It's very touching because it's often the only memento they have, and I've heard that it is very appreciated.

I just don't see Sam making a quilt. But I think she probably has one from her mother or a grandmother that would be special to her.

And Jack's cabin just cries out for several nice warm quilt. I'm sure Sam will be ordering one from AKA soon.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Tonight we were making quilts for several girls in our church heading off to college. (Our little girls are all grown up.) I prefer crochet myself. I make blankets for a local hospital for stillborns and premies who don't make it. The hospital takes a picture of the baby in a simple gown with the blanket and then gives the picture and the blanket to the parents as a remembrance of their little one. It's very touching because it's often the only memento they have, and I've heard that it is very appreciated.
                            Spoiler:
                            Speaking from experience, I can say those things ARE appreciated. I have a little box that it worth the world to me.

And I really don't see Sam sewing. But I can see her enjoying others' abilities to.

And if she called to order one? Yowza! I'd have a ball with that one! I'd piece the 'Gate, of course. Fun!
                            Spoiler:

I made a paper-pieced watermelon quilt the first time I watched the entire series start to finish, and ended up making one watermelon slice blue--just for her. I quilted the names of SG-1 and the Taur'i symbol in one block, and named the quilt, "Carter's Melons". I still laugh at that.
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

Hi! Just wanted to pop in to say hello. I'm a huge S/J shipper and have been lurking for quite awhile, but only decided to join GW recently. None of my friends are SG fans, so it's nice to find a community of like-minded shippers.

Comment

or a Double Irish Chain. I think she'd like the challenge.

In varying shades of Peridot. . .

Spoiler:
                                Because Glinda's already making him a Log Cabin quilt. . . king sized. . .
                                Quilt OT:
                                Spoiler:
                                Oooooh ... now I want to make an Irish (or Double) Chain .... in multitudes of greens.

And I love the idea of Glinda making Jack a quilt.

Comment

Working...
                                X