No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam's birthday is today. Well happy birthday Carter.

Comment

I will say this Sam does not look 42.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        Happy Birthday Sam!

According to Entity, today is Sam's birthday. (I know, I know. Orlin suggested it's in May, but I don't like Orlin; I think he's creepy. )

So what do you think Jack got Sam for her birthday?

Here's my answer:

In the Absence of Cake
        Great fic!
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Oh I love kids. I'm well known in my church for always having a baby in my arms. And if I don't I'll hold out my arms and say something about them being empty and a dozen frazzled mothers will run up and offer me their children for an hour or two. My best friend has to double check everytime I leave her house that I haven't taken the baby with me. She's convinced I don't come to visit her anymore at all.

I'm not sure why I don't like kid fics. Maybe because so many of them are written so badly and Jack and Sam are so completely OoC. And I think they tend to be long and boring. So many of them have no plot. It's just chapter after chapter of Sam and Jack did this with the baby and then Sam and Jack did that with the baby. And oh aren't they such a lovely happy family without a care in the world. Ugh!!!
          Lol, I like kids but I do let them alone once in a while as well! I'm not the person that needs to have one all the time My mom was actually worried about the fact that up till I was 14 or so...I didn't want to have anything to do with kids/babies...it got better once I got older though!

And yeah, there are a LOT! of bad baby fics out there, but some good ones too. Sometimes I like the ones where the plot evolves around the kid/baby, but often I like them as a background character. There are some really good ones out there!
          sigpic

Comment

That funny??

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              If you haven't already read this one, it's a lovely kidfic, about adopting a child:

Of Fruitloops, Princesses, and Contentment by MidwifeOnBoard
              Thanks for the rec.

Like hlndncr, I normally don't dig baby/kid fics, and have no idea why my muse was inspired to write this one, but I'm glad I did. It was fun.
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

I've been working on my latest S/J fic pretty much all day. I really want to publish it tomorrow. (If I can get it done in time you'll understand why. )

So far it is angsty, angsty, angsty. I find that takes the longest for me to write.

Now I need to add some serious fluff and end with a bit of gutter, but only a little drop mind you because I'm just not that kind of girl.
                Sounds great, can't wait to read it!!

Comment

WOW! Impressive DVD collections everyone!! I have season 2-8 of SG-1. The first season I bought was the ultra shippy Season 4

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                    WOW! Impressive DVD collections everyone!! I have season 2-8 of SG-1. The first season I bought was the ultra shippy Season 4
                    A friend leant me the first 1/2 of her 10 season box-set. After about 4 episodes, I hit amazon and bought one for myself.
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by HolyAngelQueenSG-1 View Post
                      Huh? I remember is S/J sound episode: "2010 year". Sam said" I not have Children." Jack worried to Sam. I think Sam married Jack on episode is "200" sound future? Jack got two sons is Jack II and John O'Neill.
                      Well, I doubt Jack would like any kids named after him. And besides, Jack is a nickname, his full name is Jonathan O'neill. I like Jacob for a son's name, and I know that's terribly cliche, but... oh well!

Comment

OT
                        Spoiler:
                        Ex Girlfriend Text messages me earlier tonight and asks me... no DEMANDS I order a pizza for her and 4 kids. I'm about ready to send a very strong worded text message to go take as hike.
                        Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 29 December 2010, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Well, I doubt Jack would like any kids named after him. And besides, Jack is a nickname, his full name is Jonathan O'neill. I like Jacob for a son's name, and I know that's terribly cliche, but... oh well!
                          Speaking of Nicknames my Great-uncle John's Nickname is Jack. i finally found that out when my great aunt called him "Jack" last night.

Comment

I'm a mom of a toddler - so when I say I dislike kid!fic, it has nothing to do with my love of children (or maybe it does, I generally don't enjoy other people's kids. Of course, I generally don't enjoy other people...).

I find, in general, the following occurring in kid/baby!fic:

1. Weird-ity. Either Sam is so scared of children she panics or she gets all googly-eyed over them. What happened to good, old-fashioned indifference?

2. Invasion. They're in every. single. part. It's really difficult to want to see Sam and Jack knock the boots when there's a kid going to pop up every half a second. That's too much like real life

3. Confusion. They have to *be* some where. Either they get dragged to the SGC and babysat ( :: shudders :: ) or they're wandering around getting into trouble. I've written ONE fic with a kid...and I conveniently had him kidnapped by Ba'al until the last two chapters. I also made him a baby so he wouldn't talk...

4. Talking. I struggle understanding my toddler. I hate reading toddler!speak. This then turns either Sam and/or Jack dialogue into sentence after sentence of simplified talking because they're trying to communicate with the kid who is generally also doing something kid like, like hiding behind someone's leg.

5. Reality. The kids are sweet as pie and S/J never want to pull their hair out, go out to be away from kiddo, or not share their piece of chocolate cake.

I haven't met a kid!fic I like.

Of course let me qualify my above statements as a mom...
                            Spoiler:
                            I love being a mom. I wouldn't trade it. It's deeply rewarding, but like all things that are rewarding, it's difficult, especially when you work full time. Perhaps one of the reasons I struggle with kid!fic is because it never feels hard for them. Somehow, Sam and Jack magically balance being parents and career military with ease. My job is infinitely less time consuming and most days I wonder how I'm standing on my two feet.

I'd be lying though if I didn't admit this much - my favorite part about my son? That he's going to grow up, move out, and hopefully make grandbabies that I can spoil to death and not have to wipe their butts. I know, not yet 30 and already planning for the grandkids...). Maybe that makes me really weird (or a bad mom). I love my son to death...but I secretly can't wait until I can have a conversation in which I can understand more than 60% of whatever he's saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              I will say this Sam does not look 42.
                              What's more unbelievable is Amanda Tapping was born in 1965, so she turned 45 this past year! She looks great!.

Comment

What's more unbelievable is Amanda Tapping was born in 1965, so she turned 45 this past year! She looks great!.
                                yes she does. it's amazing that she still looks great at 45. i think she gets more beautiful the older she gets.

Comment

Working...
                                X