No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I so much wish I could. JM has long been a Sam/Jack supporter, and yet I have been disappointed so many times in the past I'm not sure I can bring myself to hope.
    I'll hope for the both of us.

Honestly, I don't think it's going to happen--but, like I said, I don't need the BHK. I'd like it, but I don't need it. So I'm easier to get to squee than other folks. So, I'm happy with these little hints. And I know it's not canon, but that the intent is there makes me smile.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      I'll hope for the both of us.

Honestly, I don't think it's going to happen--but, like I said, I don't need the BHK. I'd like it, but I don't need it. So I'm easier to get to squee than other folks. So, I'm happy with these little hints. And I know it's not canon, but that the intent is there makes me smile.
      I admit it, I really want the BHK. It's like majorsal implied in her question and her House observation; it's just not fair that we don't get our unambiguous and totally satisfying confirmation of the very best ship ever.
      Last edited by hlndncr; 18 May 2010, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Bravo to Sal for asking!
        Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

I just saw this over at Joe's blog and had to come over here and let out a small SQUEE and my wistful get-on-with-it-already sigh.

Wish we lived in this ideal world already.

I believe.
          sigpic
          "A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet..."

Comment

Wish we lived in this ideal world already.

I believe.
            You know how the X-Files have the whole, "The Truth is Out There" thing?

Well, our campaign for the BHK could be,

The SMOOCH is Out There.

How about it?
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

One thing it does mean, which I'm very excited about, is that the writers of the Legacy series, the Atlantis season six in book form, don't have to worry nearly as much that Jack/Sam established relationship stuff is going to get cut by MGM! It means that they're not going to get called on it, and can go a little further making it clear that Sam in the Legacy series is in a long established relationship with Jack. And given the amount of Sam there's going to be, that's a big thing for the book series!
              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

*runs in*

Haven't done this in weeks!

My angst gutter kiss oh how I love thee!

*runs out*
                sigpic

Comment

The major reason I was super glad about JM's answer is that it supports the whole authorial intent interpretation. Even if they don't tell us, that the relationship is supported by at least one PTB (and the fact that the other PTB at the very worst, care less, and therefore aren't going to futz with it, not while JM's in the room).

I can live with it. And hey - I always want more, but as far as ships go (since I don't ship in general even when the writer's try to con me into it) - this one rocks the casbah. They've already done a far better job than I could have asked for

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    i agree!!

but what does 'ideally' mean for this sentence?

(yes, i'm a bit confused )
                    My interpretation is "Ideally" being if the movie gets made.
                    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                      One thing it does mean, which I'm very excited about, is that the writers of the Legacy series, the Atlantis season six in book form, don't have to worry nearly as much that Jack/Sam established relationship stuff is going to get cut by MGM! It means that they're not going to get called on it, and can go a little further making it clear that Sam in the Legacy series is in a long established relationship with Jack. And given the amount of Sam there's going to be, that's a big thing for the book series!

S/J isn't going to be something confirmed in a novel or comic series. They're Brad's baby. The confirmation is in Brad's script - the third movie. If its going to be confirmed anywhere, its going to be there.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

oohhhh hope there's hope - well perhaps more hope than there was before - I'm so excited - SQUEEE doesn't even cover it, please tell I'm not over-reacting here

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                          S/J isn't going to be something confirmed in a novel or comic series. They're Brad's baby. The confirmation is in Brad's script - the third movie. If its going to be confirmed anywhere, its going to be there.
                          Yeah, I don't see there being anything obvious in the novels until we see it on screen. And personally I'd rather see it than read it. So keep crossing your fingers that the 3rd movie gets made.

MGM just received another debt extension this week. Which means they will remain in financial limbo until at least July. As long as that is true, hope may be all we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                            You know how the X-Files have the whole, "The Truth is Out There" thing?

Well, our campaign for the BHK could be,

The SMOOCH is Out There.

How about it?
                            That's great!

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            *runs in*

Haven't done this in weeks!

My angst gutter kiss oh how I love thee!

*runs out*
                            *stares*
                            Thanks for posting it
                            *stares some more*

sigpic
                            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              i agree!!

but what does 'ideally' mean for this sentence?

(yes, i'm a bit confused )
                              Thanks for asking the question though. And he answered. Vaguely... but answered.
                              sigpic
                              Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                                House/Cuddy OT

Spoiler:
                                I am not a House/Cuddy fan either but then again I haven't even seen the new season at all
                                House/Cuddy OT -
                                Spoiler:
                                I don't like the two together. The actors/characters don't show me the ship. I don't see the love between the two, it is too stiff. So the ship at the end of the finale, ruined it for me. Not looking forward to the next season.

Thanks for this. I don't check his blog, so I appreciate those that posts comments like this.

Way to go, majorsal! Unfortunately, "ideally" is vague. In other words, in his perfect world, Sam and Jack are together. I want to be happy about his comment, but he isn't answering her question.

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                                I agree, we will get our confirmation in the third movie when it comes out.
                                sigpic
                                I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Working...
                                X