Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A vid break?
    My entry for the 3rd Penguins Challenge. Follow us on http://penguinschallenge.webs.com/

Make Sam/Jack art based on this quote:

Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.

~Kahlil Gibran

For the first time I used a song in my language...and this is very strange for me 'cause I usually don't like too much Italian music...and moreover this singer is older than my mum!!!!!!! LOL
    But last week I heard the original English version of this song and it reminded me about the Italian one. And the Italian lyrics are more romantic and I think that they fit very well Sam and Jack!
    My translation maybe is not perfect but it gives you the sense of the song

sigpic
    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
      A vid break?
      My entry for the 3rd Penguins Challenge. Follow us on http://penguinschallenge.webs.com/

Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.

~Kahlil Gibran

For the first time I used a song in my language...and this is very strange for me 'cause I usually don't like too much Italian music...and moreover this singer is older than my mum!!!!!!! LOL
      But last week I heard the original English version of this song and it reminded me about the Italian one. And the Italian lyrics are more romantic and I think that they fit very well Sam and Jack!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8DAT2Wfn64
      Absolutely beautiful! Is this the one that took you over 3 hours to render? It was worth the wait. Nice job.

As soon as I heard the music, I knew what song it was, "We've Got Tonight". I love the original Kenny Rogers and Sheena Easton version, but this was beautiful in Italian.
      sigpic
      I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

As soon as I heard the music, I knew what song it was, "We've Got Tonight". I love the original Kenny Rogers and Sheena Easton version, but this was beautiful in Italian.
        Oh yeah--that one is a classic! And so is the vid! Good luck with the competition, and thanks for sharing!
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

A vid break?

~Kahlil Gibran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8DAT2Wfn64
          Oh darn it, I can't watch it, cause it got sony music content, so black screen.. ^^

I love we've got tonight, would love to listen to it in Italian... I will search for it online.. and for the video... I'm sure you did a wonderful job! Love your videos on yt. Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
            Oh darn it, I can't watch it, cause it got sony music content, so black screen.. ^^

I love we've got tonight, would love to listen to it in Italian... I will search for it online.. and for the video... I'm sure you did a wonderful job! Love your videos on yt. Good luck!!
            Search Grazie Perche by Gianni Morandi and Amii Stewart. It is beautiful. Great song for Sam and Jack.
            sigpic

Comment

Search Grazie Perche by Gianni Morandi and Amii Stewart. It is beautiful. Great song for Sam and Jack.
              So, which episode does it most work with? I'm thinking when they're stuck on that planet between 2 and 3.

What other songs would work as soundtracks for good "Sam/Jack" episodes?
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

Can I just say I love you guys? I may not get to post much (and some of it maybe very incoherent b/c I'm writing as I run out the door)... but man am I glad to find such dedicated shippers. I've been sorely missing my old JetC days (a Janeway/Chakotay ship for those who don't know) - to the point that I'm actually taking on a fic challenge to write some J/C... but the hard part is that I don't know if I have much of an audience. I know that you all (well... a lot of you anyway) read my S/J fic :: sniffles ::

I love you guys.

And I love that we all think they are so married... or at least knockin' the boots (as my husband says)...

I'm done being pathetic now.

Comment

Can I just say I love you guys? I may not get to post much (and some of it maybe very incoherent b/c I'm writing as I run out the door)... but man am I glad to find such dedicated shippers. I've been sorely missing my old JetC days (a Janeway/Chakotay ship for those who don't know) - to the point that I'm actually taking on a fic challenge to write some J/C... but the hard part is that I don't know if I have much of an audience. I know that you all (well... a lot of you anyway) read my S/J fic :: sniffles ::

I love you guys.

And I love that we all think they are so married... or at least knockin' the boots (as my husband says)...

I'm done being pathetic now.
                  **sniff**

back at'cha, babe!

And I love it that other people are as deluded I mean--as devoted as I am.
                  sigpic
                  My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                    Teal'c is the Original Shipper.

That's why I believe that he left them alone on the planet they 'Gated to off of Thor's ship. . .

Shameless self-promotion:

Waiting
                    nice....

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                      I wanted to point out a Sam checking Jack's bum out moment in WoO. I watched this recently and at the end when Jack is talking to Malikai on the planet and he lowers the shield, Jack moves towards Malikai and they pan to Teal'c, Sam and Daniel. During this frame, Sam's eyes go down and then up when looking at Jack's retreating backside. I swear she is checking out his bum. You need to take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post

If you want I can upload the vid on MediaFire and give you the link, so you can see it
                        sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

A vid break?

My translation maybe is not perfect but it gives you the sense of the song ]
                          Oh that was so lovely - I could watch it over and over

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            I noticed that too, and always really liked that moment. He not only nods his head in approval, but also discreetly looks away, as if to give them some privacy. I believe Teal'c has long known the score with regard to Jack and Sam's feelings for one another. But this also comes right after Paradise Lost, where Sam and Teal'c have that great moment in the women's locker room when Sam believes Jack is lost to her forever. So Teal'c must be especially conscious of Sam's need to reach out to Jack in her distress, as well as her reluctance to do so in the presence of others.
                            Totally agree with this. This moment is my favourite part of the whole ep. Plus I love the fact that the whole thing is really quite subtle in the scheme of shippy things. And subtle shippiness often speaks louder than the more bolder statements for me in the earlier seasons as its more their subconscious at work... Also this is one of my big reasons for thinking Season 6 is a shippy season (yeah I'm still running with this despite the ship-o-meter stating otherwise... )

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                              Totally agree with this. This moment is my favourite part of the whole ep. Plus I love the fact that the whole thing is really quite subtle in the scheme of shippy things. And subtle shippiness often speaks louder than the more bolder statements for me in the earlier seasons as its more their subconscious at work... Also this is one of my big reasons for thinking Season 6 is a shippy season (yeah I'm still running with this despite the ship-o-meter stating otherwise... )
                              (*pssst ... agrees with bolded bit*)

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                (*pssst ... agrees with bolded bit*)
                                I find it shippy because the flirting is back.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X