Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    So I was just reading some of the old interviews on Gateworld and came across this little quote from Joe Mallozzi in 2002:

Question: Will Sam finally get a man (that doesn't die) . . . ?

Answer: Sam already has a man who won't die -- unfortunately, so long as their serving together in the Air Force, a relationship is out of the question.

+ = Forever!
    Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    Oh, for cryin' out loud. There are times that I just don't get Joe Mallozzi. I thought that this was the man who said that he believed that Sam and Jack had been together since "Threads". Now he doesn't believe that they can have a relationship?
    I would also, btw, like to point out the bolded part, which is the key IMHO. It's also why IIRC, JM has said he believes Sam and Jack got together after Threads.

EDIT: Because an unsubstantiated statement is just rumor and hearsay, I found one time he said he thinks Sam and Jack are together here:

StellaByStargate writes: “Based on what Martin Gero said in the intro to the scene, would it be safe to assume that it was your intention to go on the record, albeit in your usually deft and subtle manner, in confirming the relationship between Sam and Jack at that point…”
    Answer: Yes.

EDIT2: My source, who shall remain anonymous but is pretty obvious especially to anyone who knows me, found the quote I was speaking about here:

“But what about SG-1?” some of you will (and have) asked. Why didn’t you ever confirm the Sam/Jack relationship in SG-1 but found the need to confirm the McKay/Keller relationship in Atlantis? Well, two reasons. 1) The Sam/Jack relationship was fraught with complications given that he was her commanding officer. Pursuing any sort of relationship would have been inappropriate for both and would only have really been possible late in the series after Jack’s retirement. Which brings us to – 2) Jack and Sam could have gotten together after Jack’s retirement, but it was never made canon because, quite frankly, it wasn’t my call. Still, despite the lack of official confirmation, it was only natural that they should get together after the events of Threads and, in my mind, they have been together ever since. An attempt to suggest as much in season 4’s Trio unfortunately ended up on the cutting room floor when the episode ran long.
    Last edited by JenniferJF; 01 May 2010, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      Seasons 4 and 8 are the most shippy--I was thinking that even before I saw the breakdown. Season 6, to me is the least--I think Jonas Quinn may have been like an icy shower.

Season 6 seems to be about trust to me--that the whole team needs to learn to trust each other again. I'd go into more detail, but I'm fixing dinner for the progeny and their corn dogs need to be turned. But it's not shippy trust--just human to human trust. IMHO

But they still each other!
      Interesting point. To me, with Daniel gone, it felt a bit like Sam was struggling to come to terms with a lot of her emotions and was overly conscious of how her actions might be perceived in relation to the rest of the team and Jack especially. This is not surprising considering she was grieving for her friend and in some way I often tie this into how she reacts in S8's Threads when Jacob's gone. Maybe this is why I see this season as quite shippy? I don't know...

I'm probably not explaining myself very well (I'm sick right now - I'm allowed) but I felt like Sam was constantly reaching out for someone during that season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
        Interesting point. To me, with Daniel gone, it felt a bit like Sam was struggling to come to terms with a lot of her emotions and was overly conscious of how her actions might be perceived in relation to the rest of the team and Jack especially. This is not surprising considering she was grieving for her friend and in some way I often tie this into how she reacts in S8's Threads when Jacob's gone. Maybe this is why I see this season as quite shippy? I don't know...
        I agree with this, and think in this season Sam was in a bit of a holding pattern: unsure of how Jack still felt about her and trying to find her feet on whatever steady ground she could find there, grieving for Daniel, and trying to make Jonas really part of the team...

To self-pimp, cause a story is worth a thousand words, I sort of see them like this when we don't see them on-camera: More than Misery

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          it's nice to see new shippers on the thread!

~welcome to the shipper family~

*waves hello*

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          *passes ship nana's cookies along before he eats them all*...
          Thanks for the welcome green

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
          Welcome, welcome! Nice not to be the only newbie around.

Fishing invites:

S3 Nemesis
          S4 Small Victories
          S4 The Curse
          S6 Sight Unseen

She actually goes fishing in S8 Threads and S8 Moebius

And in S10 Line in the Sand we learn that the password to her personal files is "fishing"

Hope that helps.
          Welcome to you to And yes that's a great help! Thanks
          sigpic
          ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I agree with this, and think in this season Sam was in a bit of a holding pattern: unsure of how Jack still felt about her and trying to find her feet on whatever steady ground she could find there, grieving for Daniel, and trying to make Jonas really part of the team...
            And I can't help but think that she kind of gets caught in the middle--trying to figure out where she stands with everyone. Jonas--friend, but also teacher, Teal'c--friend, but she has to temper her opinions about the difficulties with the Jaffa with his almost blind acceptance of things, and Jack--she's taking on more and more responsibility and wants his approbation, but isn't sure where she stands in any case.

So, the season seems to be about trust--think of what episodes there are--just in the first five episodes--

Redemption 1 and 2, Rya'c has to learn to trust his father and vice versa, and they are learning to trust Jonas
            Descent--they trust Jacob to get them out of the flooding cabin, which doesn't work, and then Jonas saves them all
            Frozen--Jack accepts the Tok'ra symbiote--why? Because Sam asks him to. Then it goes wrong in Abyss, and she withdraws from him--just look how far away from him she puts the cup at the end. I feel that's because she's not sure how he feels about her, and is hesitant to presume anything
            Nightwalkers--she is the hinge, here--she's the one that has to make the decisions that will affect the rest of the team with the baby symbiotes and all.

Allegiance, Forsaken, Memento, Shadow Play, Sight Unseen--all about trust.

And Unnatural Selection--Jack disregards her will in this one, purposefully reneging on her promise in order to take them all to safety. I think that she's surprised that he just takes off without trying to get Fifth. A further learning experience about him and his psyche, I think.

Anyhow, this is long, but I think that season 6 was a long preparatory season for the arc of 7 and 8, and the whole Pete thing. She was weakened a little by past events and able to glom onto him because at least there, she knew where she stood.
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Howdy Campers!

Long time no see! Miss me? <giggle> I've been... erm... busy. Like.... <gasp> OT shipping busy. I blame this:

Totally and completely OT ramblings ahead...
              Spoiler:
              First, by way of introduction, I'd like to give a huge shout-out to UhSir, without whom this vid would not have been possible. That MovieMaker forum was such a godsend!! ::huge squishy huggles::

And to further the ado, I now officially consider myself in the intermediate category in this whole fan-vid making business. This was an awesomely fun challenge. I've been dying to do a Superman vid to the "Holding Out For a Hero" number first made a pop-hit in the eighties. But I swear, this arrangement of the song (by my god of rock opera ballads Jim Stienman! <non-Shippy SQUEE! >) and this incarnation of the SuperCouple variation were simply made for each other. When you get to 4:17, I'm sure you'll be convinced too!

Okay, enough already. Totally and Completely and Utterly OT Smallville Lois & Clark vid:
              Spoiler:

So... ya like? I do! So much so that I probably watched it at least thirty times a day the first couple weeks after I finished it!

Anywhoos... There's still a couple more new eppies of Smallville left, so I probably won't be pulling my head out of the clouds for a bit longer. But those pesky S&J PlotBunnies are starting to get noisy from neglect, which bodes well for you all come summer hiatus!

I luvs ya all the mostest, and I misses you lots too! See you soon! (Sooner if you delve into the products of this Super-obsession of mine! )
              Love and hot fudge,
              Bren Ren
              ~
              My stories!
              ~

sigpic

Comment

Bren! Long time no see! We've been needing some gutteriness 'round here.

Comment

Welcome back BrenRen!!!! We missed you!
                  sigpic
                  My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I've just watched Faith (I like to watch SGU on my own so have to wait for a good opportunity!!!) , having read all the spoiler tags and the discussion here. So glad this didn't happen to Sam & Jack. It used to irritate me that along with the Mulder/Scully ship that there were always just teasers, making you sometimes read more into what you saw. But seeing Johansen's distress at her predicament, I think perhaps TPTB had a point. Sam knows Jack loves her and vice versa. We know that S&J got together after season 8, and IMHO that was the right thing to happen. Of course actual proof, even in SGU, (whilst MGM still have money), would be the icing on the cake.

Or may be it's the wine talking

Comment

Fluffy - I <3 wine but don't forget the spoiler tags!

SGU in relation to S/J:
                      Spoiler:
                      I too am very glad that they didn't do this to Sam/Jack! O.O I'm thoroughly enjoying SGU

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                        And Unnatural Selection--Jack disregards her will in this one, purposefully reneging on her promise in order to take them all to safety. I think that she's surprised that he just takes off without trying to get Fifth. A further learning experience about him and his psyche, I think.
                        I'm probably one of the few with this opinion, but as much as I like Sam, I feel she didn't have the right or the authority to promise Fifth that they would take him along with them. I feel that Jack did the right thing by overruling her "promise". Given their previous experience with Reese, I personally don't think it would have been long before Fifth had a hissy fit about something and started causing all sorts of trouble because he wasn't getting whatever it was he wanted. Sam and Jonas thought Jack did the wrong thing; we never heard what Teal'c thought, but I find myself agreeing with Jack's decision in that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          I'm probably one of the few with this opinion, but as much as I like Sam, I feel she didn't have the right or the authority to promise Fifth that they would take him along with them. I feel that Jack did the right thing by overruling her "promise". Given their previous experience with Reese, I personally don't think it would have been long before Fifth had a hissy fit about something and started causing all sorts of trouble because he wasn't getting whatever it was he wanted. Sam and Jonas thought Jack did the wrong thing; we never heard what Teal'c thought, but I find myself agreeing with Jack's decision in that situation.
                          I would agree that Sam wasn't in the position to offer asylum to Fifth and I would also agree that Jack made the right decision in leaving Fifth behind. However, I think that there is a moral ambiguity to how Jack went about it. He had no problem pulling one over on Fifth in order to serve his purpose - and I've always felt that Sam lost a bit of something that day. Not that she was "innocent" but there's a darker side of Jack and she doesn't have and I think she walks two steps in that direction. Again - I don't disagree with Jack's decision. Ultimately Fifth was dangerous and they were caught between a rock and a hard place. Take him with you, risk a Reese situation. Leave him there... well we know how that turned out.

Here are screen caps from my 100 looks of Jack...

And then later when RepliCarter has gotten away:

Comment

OT here: but i was watching avatar and that mineral that they were looking for reminded me of Trinium and the story about that made me think of what Sam and Jack would do if they were on Pandora (avatar planet) would they stand by and let the military refine for it or would they do something about it and protest.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              OT here: but i was watching avatar and that mineral that they were looking for reminded me of Trinium and the story about that made me think of what Sam and Jack would do if they were on Pandora (avatar planet) would they stand by and let the military refine for it or would they do something about it and protest.
                              Jack & Sam would have stopped them within about fifteen minutes. I mean - his tactical knowledge, her sheer genius... and a shiny planet - dude. Unstoppable.

And then they'd take a trip to those really awesome plants where they would...

Oh! PG forum...

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                                Jack & Sam would have stopped them within about fifteen minutes. I mean - his tactical knowledge, her sheer genius... and a shiny planet - dude. Unstoppable.

And then they'd take a trip to those really awesome plants where they would...

Oh! PG forum...
                                that hard nosed colonel from avatar would've gotten his butt handed to him by hammond or O'Neill cause hammond and o'neill are very good and decent air force officers. as well as carter.

Comment

Working...
                                X