Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
    Would they have even been on the same team? Probably not.
    i don't know, i just thought it would have been a different road to togetherness.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      i don't know, i just thought it would have been a different road to togetherness.
      It definitely would have been a different road, one that would help them rediscover themselves and their love for one another, but I don't want to see them apart by divorce and then struggling for that togetherness once again. I like the discovering each other through friendship, then growing love and eventually the until death do us part committment. No, don't confuse my little Sam and Jack world.
      sigpic
      I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

It definitely would have been a different road, one that would help them rediscover themselves and their love for one another, but I don't want to see them apart by divorce and then struggling for that togetherness once again. I like the discovering each other through friendship, then growing love and eventually the until death do us part committment. No, don't confuse my little Sam and Jack world.
        Yes! This!
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

i don't know what made this pop into my head earlier today, but...

what if, when sg1 the series started, sam and jack were divorced? we'd have been waiting for them to get back together!
          Huh. I have a hard time answering this 'cause I just can't see them divorcing. You know?
          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

what if, when sg1 the series started, sam and jack were divorced? we'd have been waiting for them to get back together!
            Huh. I have a hard time answering this 'cause I just can't see them divorcing. You know?
            Well, and when he and Sam met, he was for all intents and purposes still married to Sara. I know that this is just a "what if" situation, but as far as canon goes--he was still hitched.

And as old fashioned as it sounds, I would like to think of them as being soul mates (or whatever term you use there). I just can't envision that happening. . .them being married before.

And besides all that, what makes their relationship so profound is that they traversed all that stuff in order to get to the maturity level/place in life to be able to have the kind of relationship that they have. Without all the stuff that had gone on before, I don't think that they would have wanted each other like they did.

They might have had physical attraction, but what makes Jack and Sam them is that they know all of the worst things about each other and still love each other.

So honestly, I can't see them ever being married before--I agreed with Treknik earlier in her statement that they grew together through the show. If there were anything between them before that first meeting in the boardroom, it could not have been as profound as it was later.

But it's an interesting thought--and a great AU idea. I'd be interested in how that one turned out.
            sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

there is a story called tangled trails by Gen varel and it deals with jack and sam meeting ten years before and its deals with sara and jack being married. it's an AU fan fic so if you guys wanna go read it its actually pretty good but i gotta warn you it has a mature rating so readers be warned.
              Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 23 April 2010, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Nyah. Then we'd have been shipping Jack and Sara, his sexy yet geeky second in command who he wants to love but because of the regulations and even deeper, because of his fears of love and intimacy caused by the death of his son Andrew and loss of his beloved wife Sam afterwards, he can't have a relationship with.

Comment

As someone who enjoys AUs, the only caveat is that I have to see it as a possibility. So much of what makes their relationship special is where they were when they met. Jack's pain and loss. Sam's bright eyed enthusiasm and need to prove herself. There's a *need* for one another that pulls them together - which is why in other AUs where she's not military, they end up together.

I'm not a romantic in the sense that I believe in soulmates or that there's one person for each of us. Sara was Jack's match but tragedy intervened and destroyed a beautiful marriage. They stopped being what they needed to be for each other and went on different paths (I'm of the mindset that in Continuum Jack is still married to Sara).

I don't think that if Sam and Jack had met ten years before that they would have ended up together honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by jenniferjf View Post
                    nyah. Then we'd have been shipping jack and sara, his sexy yet geeky second in command who he wants to love but because of the regulations and even deeper, because of his fears of love and intimacy caused by the death of his son andrew and loss of his beloved wife sam afterwards, he can't have a relationship with.
                    I just love how this thread works - that made me smile

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                      Nyah. Then we'd have been shipping Jack and Sara, his sexy yet geeky second in command who he wants to love but because of the regulations and even deeper, because of his fears of love and intimacy caused by the death of his son Andrew and loss of his beloved wife Sam afterwards, he can't have a relationship with.
                      sigpic
                      I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                        (I'm of the mindset that in Continuum Jack is still married to Sara).
                        Me too. Even wrote a little fic about that.

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                        :blink:

:blink: :blink:

Oh. You know, I had to read that three times to get it? Sheesh! I even looked at the name of the person posting 'cause I thought..."Andrew"?

LOL. You had me Jen. And yeah, I think (cosmically speaking) some things were 'meant to be' and Tyler/Charlie's death (or...had he been married to Sam, "Andrew" -- oh the mind boggles, had he married Sam, he'd have married her at what, age 19? (Sam, I mean)) was an event that had to happen.

You know...in fic it's a catalyzing event. What makes the hero the 'hero' in the story. What puts said hero (I am using the term generically, including women in this too) on their journey? It is while on the journey that we meet them. It is the backstory that put them on the journey that makes them interesting, and it is (for the shippers) the intriguing person whom they meet while on that journey that we (and the hero) fall for. When the hero reaches the end of his/her quest (with the help of aforementioned intriguing person) the story reaches its satisfactory conclusion.

Which means, we have had our:
                        hero - check
                        tragic backstory - check
                        hero's quest - check
                        end of quest (Goa'uld defeated)? - check
                        satisfying conclusion? ch--- oh wait. not so much.

As my editor is constantly telling me, audiences don't want to see "fade to black" on a long, loving look. They want "fade to black" on the action following the long loving look. And, when the fade is complete, throw in a last bit of dialogue:

Holy...
                        Hannah.

THE END

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

:blink:

:blink: :blink:

Oh. You know, I had to read that three times to get it? Sheesh! I even looked at the name of the person posting 'cause I thought..."Andrew"?

LOL. You had me Jen. And yeah, I think (cosmically speaking) some things were 'meant to be' and Tyler/Charlie's death (or...had he been married to Sam, "Andrew" -- oh the mind boggles, had he married Sam, he'd have married her at what, age 19? (Sam, I mean)) was an event that had to happen.

You know...in fic it's a catalyzing event. What makes the hero the 'hero' in the story. What puts said hero (I am using the term generically, including women in this too) on their journey? It is while on the journey that we meet them. It is the backstory that put them on the journey that makes them interesting, and it is (for the shippers) the intriguing person whom they meet while on that journey that we (and the hero) fall for. When the hero reaches the end of his/her quest (with the help of aforementioned intriguing person) the story reaches its satisfactory conclusion.

Which means, we have had our:
                          hero - check
                          tragic backstory - check
                          hero's quest - check
                          end of quest (Goa'uld defeated)? - check
                          satisfying conclusion? ch--- oh wait. not so much.

As my editor is constantly telling me, audiences don't want to see "fade to black" on a long, loving look. They want "fade to black" on the action following the long loving look. And, when the fade is complete, throw in a last bit of dialogue:

Holy...Hannah.
                          Wow. Too much thinking. My brain hurts. You're one of those serious writer types, aren't you?
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post

Holy...
                            Hannah.

THE END
                            So very true. I like your editor already!

'action' following a long, loving look would be a toe-curling, tongue-involved kiss for Sam and Jack. . .

and then an explosion.

sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

So very true. I like your editor already!

'action' following a long, loving look would be a toe-curling, tongue-involved kiss for Sam and Jack. . .

and then an explosion.
                              Explosion. . .

Hmmmmm. Me likee!
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

does anyone have a better copy of this picture?
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X