Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aka, you so typed it !!!
    BUSTED!!!! And I was trying to be so good!
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Nah, being good is no fun
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Nah, being good is no fun
        But being bad gets you in trouble with the Powers That Be.

But I would still rather see an established relationship rather than a wedding. A photo of the wedding itself is good enough for me--or even nothing at all. Truly, I'm more interested in their life AFTER--and for those of us married for long enough that the wedding itself is a distant memory (why did I choose THAT dress????--and you will think those things 15 years later. . .), I think it's more satisfying to see these two moving towards a healthy, fun happily ever after. Not that I think that it will be perfect, but I do see them as having worked many of the kinks out before their actual "get together"--whatever that may be.

So no, I don't need to see the wedding. I want to see the LIFE. Because the wedding is just a day. LIFE is what is real.
        sigpic
        My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post

But I would still rather see an established relationship rather than a wedding. A photo of the wedding itself is good enough for me--or even nothing at all. Truly, I'm more interested in their life AFTER--and for those of us married for long enough that the wedding itself is a distant memory (why did I choose THAT dress????--and you will think those things 15 years later. . .), I think it's more satisfying to see these two moving towards a healthy, fun happily ever after. Not that I think that it will be perfect, but I do see them as having worked many of the kinks out before their actual "get together"--whatever that may be.

So no, I don't need to see the wedding. I want to see the LIFE. Because the wedding is just a day. LIFE is what is real.
          Well said, Sharon.
          sigpic
          I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Well said, Sharon.
            Why, thanks!
            sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
              I'm sure she would pick something fantastic. I could believe she'd pick that out. I would love to see "flashbacks" to the wedding for real in movie 3. But that would mean Sam and/or Jack would have to be in peril while flashing back. And I seriously don't see that stuff being written. Okay, I'll just imagine it.
              i'd like to see it, but i'll take it as *fact* more!

but a kiss i definitely want to SEE!!

i couldn't imagine a better *confirmation*.

Spoiler:
              well, i 'could', but it ends up guttery.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post

sally

sigpic

Comment

i couldn't imagine a better *confirmation*.

Spoiler:
                  I'm there with you--but then my kids couldn't watch, and they'd be sad.

So, all I want is some obvious, unambiguous sign from those Powers that Be that they are, indeed, a couple.

My kids can see kissing. So. LOTS of kissing would work.

I don't need it--I want it, though--and if it doesn't happen, I'm not going to go running off screaming into the night--but I might stomp my foot and be really really disappointed.
                  sigpic
                  My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    so sam's wedding dress was beautiful!! when you see the enlarged pics, you can see little hearts in the vale (sp?), and little white beads on the dress... i don't usually pay attention to this stuff , but i loved the details they went into for this... i'd like to think sam would pic a dress this beautiful. *sighs*
                    I went looking for dress like that for the sim of Sam Carter that I made for The Sims 2 and found this so when my Carter sim marries the O'Neill sim I made that's what she will be wearing. Now I don't know what veil she will be wearing because the Sims 2 fan site that has a veil, one similar to the one in the 200 picture, I want to use with that dress is down for maintenance so my Carter sim maybe wearing some other veil. The veil I was talking about is the one paired with this dress (you'll have to scroll down for the screen shots).

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I need to see it!!!!!

Comment

I need to see it!!!!!
                        Then I shall hope for the best!!

I'm just saying that for me, it doesn't really have to be the wedding thing. Although it would be cool--I'd rather see established happy rather than one day of flowers stuff.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

To me, it doesn't matter what it is as long as it's something not subtle
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Me too about the wedding. I think it's way too late to have that kind of stuff. But dang if it wouldn't have been cute to see for real. Cuz the ep 200 thing was just too cheesy to be real. I can accept the wedding pics that are floating around but that scene was just too squicky. Sorry.
                            Last edited by UhSir; 21 April 2010, 08:40 PM. Reason: oops

Comment

To me, it doesn't matter what it is as long as it's something not subtle
                              You know--it seems like what we're all looking for here is validation (okay--not all--but you know what I mean). I want to see on screen that these two are a couple. (not need--but want.) And the sad part is that I kind of want it in part to just be right. To be able to point at the incontrovertible evidence that the ship existed, that it was real, and that these two characters, as written, can indeed have a viable relationship.

It's like shippers have to constantly point at things to non shippers and say, "See? See?" And it doesn't matter to the non-shippers because they can always claim interpretation. But if there were a real, non AU, non alien virus, non weird circumstance kiss (or more? tee hee), it would then jump into the realm of canon.

And I know that this is immature of me to say--but that's how I'm rolling tonight. . .
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Yep, that's how I roll too Aka!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X