• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Woohoo...do you have cookies?

What's next...I can't use the wedding pics anymore
    you might not want to, but i do!

if the pic works for the individual, and it's within gateworld's code of ethics, i say use it and enjoy!
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
      I'm confused on what you mean, but I don't ship RDA and Amanda, so the picture is so so for me. It is a cute picture, don't get me wrong, it's just that I don't see it as my favorite couple.
      that's alright. but see, for the ppl that 'do' enjoy these pics... just let us, okay?

that's not just aimed at you, treknik, but anyone that's fussing about these pics. i'm not delving too far into issues about them, i'm just trying to enjoy them.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Oohhh talk of shippy bits on the SGA S4 dvds...

*rummages*

*throws link in thread: Shippy bits on SGA S4 dvds*

I love reading/seeing that over and over again.

Buuuuuuuut that doesn't stop me from wanting *on* screen(since this wasn't in an episode/movie) confirmation of the Sam and Jack relationship
        because if it's not on screen, it's not canon... i think...
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Now, UHSir--THAT picture I love. The second one--that's really sweet. I don't know how to copy images, because I'm a big LAME-O, but I LOVE that pic.

Use it all you want. Please. Feel free. Really. All the time. MMM-mm Good!

sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            you might not want to, but i do!

if the pic works for the individual, and it's within gateworld's code of ethics, i say use it and enjoy!
            Then you should Really...it's all our own opinion and post/do what you love ...I like seeing those different pictures I just enjoy them in a different way then you...but it doesn't stop me from loving it to see those

So...post away

It's all in the mind of the viewer?

Good to see you're fixed Uhsir.....errr...with that I mean you account...

sigpic

Comment

Totally agree! yes having those commentaries are nice cuz its good to know that confirmation on screen is definately in our future but until it is on screen, its not canon as you said or even legitimate confirmation for me.
              sigpic
              thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                For all of you who are interested--we were talking about this a few days ago. . .

In the Atlantis season 4 episode entitled "Trio", there is a deleted portion of a scene where Sam and Keller are discussing men. Sam admits that there is 1) an older man in Washington that she's involved with and 2) that he's thinking about retiring soon.

I finally found the clip, and it's found on the last DVD of the set, in the Special Features Section, in "Deleted Scenes". And the producer/writer who introduces is confirms that the two of them are involved in a relationship. For those of you who have those DVDs, you have your confirmation. It's not a Big Honking Kiss, but it's at least someone saying that YES, there is a relationship.
                Ohh so its on the last dvd of S4?! *runs and puts on the last dvd of s4* YAY!!

Oohhh talk of shippy bits on the SGA S4 dvds...

*rummages*

*throws link in thread: Shippy bits on SGA S4 dvds*

I love reading/seeing that over and over again.

Buuuuuuuut that doesn't stop me from wanting *on* screen(since this wasn't in an episode/movie) confirmation of the Sam and Jack relationship
                Ohh yea I agree I still want to SEE it on screen that they are together.

EDIT: I also heard the commentary on "Quarantine" so i know of that.
                sigpic
                My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                  Totally agree! yes having those commentaries are nice cuz its good to know that confirmation on screen is definately in our future but until it is on screen, its not canon as you said or even legitimate confirmation for me.
                  That's a good way of putting it. Anytime someone would say it's confirmed in this commentary or that deleted scene I would just cross my arms and stomp my foot and tell them that's not confirmation for me because I don't listen to commentaries nor do I watch deleted or extra stuff! But I won't be that way anymore and I'll just think of it the way you do and anxiously look forward to getting the BHK.

Comment

Now, UHSir--THAT picture I love. The second one--that's really sweet. I don't know how to copy images, because I'm a big LAME-O, but I LOVE that pic.

Use it all you want. Please. Feel free. Really. All the time. MMM-mm Good!

If you want a copy of that picture of RDA/AT in UhSir's post, you right click on the picture and then click "save picture as" in the list of options that comes up. At least that's how I do it.
                    I click on "save picture as", and when my pictures folder on my computer pops up, I then just "save" the picture I've chosen to my Stargate pictures folder. (Did that make any sense?)

Comment

If you want a copy of that picture of RDA/AT in UhSir's post, you right click on the picture and then click "save picture as" in the list of options that comes up. At least that's how I do it.
                      I click on "save picture as", and when my pictures folder on my computer pops up, I then just "save" the picture I've chosen to my Stargate pictures folder. (Did that make any sense?
                      Yes--**goes off to try it**--Thanks!
                      sigpic
                      My Stories: FFdotNet
                      My Stories AO3
                      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                        Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                        That's a good way of putting it. Anytime someone would say it's confirmed in this commentary or that deleted scene I would just cross my arms and stomp my foot and tell them that's not confirmation for me because I don't listen to commentaries nor do I watch deleted or extra stuff! But I won't be that way anymore and I'll just think of it the way you do and anxiously look forward to getting the BHK.
                        I agree with all of you.

I watch deleted scenes but I don't consider them canon unless they are added later to an extended dvd version.

sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I finally found the clip, and it's found on the last DVD of the set, in the Special Features Section, in "Deleted Scenes". And the producer/writer who introduces is confirms that the two of them are involved in a relationship. For those of you who have those DVDs, you have your confirmation. It's not a Big Honking Kiss, but it's at least someone saying that YES, there is a relationship.
                          Martin Wood and Amanda Tapping also discuss a similar concept in the commentary for Quarantine. Both the Quarantine commentary and the Trio scene are on my 'Evidence' page

Comment

It's not 'canon' but it does indicate they're writing and directing and acting Sam as Sam-with-Jack which is, IMHO at least, just as important as overt confirmation on screen. Like when JM said he thinks Sam and Jack got together after Threads, or AT does. It's not *canon* but it does confirm what many of us have believed - that the Sam we're seeing is Sam-with-Jack in the minds of at least some of those responsible for creating her.

But those who know me know I don't believe in canon but in an individual's own personal interpretation. Though I'll admit I do think some interpretations are more valid than others based on the degree to which they can be supported by evidence within the source material. But that may be because I had some very picky lit teachers back in the day

EDIT: Er... I believe in canon. Obviously it *exists* I just don't give two flying figs about it except as it serves for a jumping point for interpretation. In other words, Juliet and Romeo died in the play of the same name. That is generally considered 'canon'. What their exact motivations were for doing so is open to interpretation. Though one *could* argue they weren't actually dead at the end of the play but were merely faking. If your argument were good enough, people wouldn't laugh at you behind your back. And if it was *really* good, you might become rich and famous (for an academic) based on your brilliant new interpretation of the play.

EDIT2: To clarify, I'm not an idiot. The play's title has the names in the opposite order, so I should probably have said "died in the play with the same names." In my defense, I worked a LOOONG time today and am just a little tired and more than a little slap happy...
                            Last edited by JenniferJF; 20 April 2010, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                              Martin Wood and Amanda Tapping also discuss a similar concept in the commentary for Quarantine. Both the Quarantine commentary and the Trio scene are on my 'Evidence' page
                              haha yea i sooo remember the commentary for Quarantine! squeeee! i was sooo happy when i heard that!
                              sigpic
                              My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                                oh yes, the evidence page... it's one of those shippers things that when i see it, i think is sooooo sweet... it's not just 'what's' said on it, it's that someone took the time to put it all together... it's like when i see what's done for ship day... gives me the warm fuzzies to be a shipper.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X