Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA hints about Sam/Jack

John and the Promotion comment - I think the reason why this gets debated, is because when John says 'I haven't had a chance to congratulate you yet', he kind of waves to her hand, Sam looks confused over what he's congratulating her for, before he kind of straightens and says 'your promotion'.

Would he have known? I guess apart from the scenario Pol suggests, there's also a fanon question of whether any of the SGA guys have a friendship with any of the SG1 guys - after all, Atlantis and the SGC were in regular contact. The Atlantis guys did save Jack from the replicators midS3. So, I don't think it's out of the realms of possibility in the fictional world that someone mentioned something to John (maybe Elizabeth mentions it; maybe Mitchell tells him in an email), who in that moment on the balcony unthinkingly starts to congratulate Sam before maybe realising that he's not supposed to know and/or she might not be pleased that he's aware, and quickly covers with the rank congrats.
    sigpic
    Women of the Gate LJ Community.
    My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Hmmm... I'm in two minds about this.

Having been in a relationship with somebody in a small 'professional community' I can see how, once one or two people know about a relationship (whether married or otherwise) the news can spread fast. Through either gossip or just general conversation.

I tend to think that the crew of Atlantis would have found out about Sam and Jack somehow, but mainly that they wouldn't gossip about it. Like Pol said, those who didn't know them, wouldn't care either way. But those that do, respect them enough to not discuss it. Hence it would be feasible for Rodney to not know about it.

I don't think Shephard was referring to anything else other than her promotion though, but that might just be tied in to how I see Sam and Jack in their relationship at that point though.

Comment

made this for this week's Challenge on the S/J art thread..

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...JackWallie.jpg
          Wonderful!

Comment

All this talk of Atlantis made me find this. It's not really S/J (unless you squint really hard or include camels) but it's a nice fic about Sam's first days on Atlantis...

Where you hang your hat

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
              http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...JackWallie.jpg
              So pretty! You did a great job!
              sigpic
              The Return of King Arthur
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                As far as Sheppard hearing...dunno. Would someone think to tell him? Why? What happens in others' lives on a base doesn't directly impact you. I mean...you're a part of a rather transient community. However, as someone pointed out, the SGC (and its resulting commands) are a small world within a small community. It is conceivable that someone coming back from leave on Earth could have said in passing to Sheppard, "Had a helluva time getting back, the schedule is all messed up."

Sheppard: "Why?"

"Oh, you know. Half the base wanted to be at the party."

"Party?"

"The shindig that Siler and the gang put together for Carter and O'Neill."

Something like that. No big announcement.

I think at this point Sam marrying Jack wouldn't be fodder for anything. He'd been base CO while she led SG-1, then she left (and he did) and he stayed "left" and she came back (but not leading SG-1, so even one step further from his direct CoC), so...none of the newbies on base would either know or care.

Anyone wanting to speculate would most likely be squashed by those who love and respect both of them.

Anyone else's opinion wouldn't matter.

But...again...that's just me!
                That makes a lot of sense to me! I tend to think John does know, though I'm ambivalent about whether he knows at the beginning of season four or partway through. But I get a real friendship vibe from them, not just polite coworkers, actual comfortable talk between them, and so I think he knows or he's figured it out. After all, John is pretty observant and sensitive to what people around him need, even if he's not good at talking with the feeling words!
                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Lovely art Sapphire Jade!
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to the talented Bailey1ak

Comment

I stole this from the Fic Rec Page, where Sky posted it:

a lovely holiday sam and jack fic

Title: The Carter Household Holiday Rules
                    Category: Stargate: SG-1
                    Character(s): S. Carter & J. O'Neill

Words: 2,600
                    Genre(s): Family/Romance
                    Rating: Rated: T
                    Summary: It's Sam's first Thanksgiving in nine years without SG-1, but an
                    unexpected visitor may bring more than she'd hoped for.

URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6499924/1/

Great story for all you people who want a really good Mark Carter story (and Mark's family and Sam and Jack, of course).

Comment

*Pol waltzes in, humming Carmina Burana*

I'm done! I'm done! Just got home from teaching my last class before the 4-day break. All papers are graded, gradebooks for all 21(!!!) units up to date, all speeches graded. My plan for the break...write my Shipmas fic and do the last line-item edits on the manuscript for the pushed 12/15 press date.

Woohoo!

Shippy goodness to celebrate! (gif's and manip by me)

All of which leads to...

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Woot! I just got back from going out to see a movie and have dinner with my girlfriends and all of our daughters. Now--I am making pie. Apple pie, to be exact. Ooey, gooey, hot sweet buttery cinnamoney good apple pie.

Now, where could I have gotten that idea? Pol? Hmm?

I've been running fic ideas through my head for Shipmas--I hope I have time this weekend to write some.

But staring at those gifs and the manip are inspiring, truly!
                        sigpic
                        My Stories: FFdotNet
                        My Stories AO3
                        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                          Woot! I just got back from going out to see a movie and have dinner with my girlfriends and all of our daughters. Now--I am making pie. Apple pie, to be exact. Ooey, gooey, hot sweet buttery cinnamoney good apple pie.

Now, where could I have gotten that idea? Pol? Hmm?

I've been running fic ideas through my head for Shipmas--I hope I have time this weekend to write some.

But staring at those gifs and the manip are inspiring, truly!
                          Bring it!!
                          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                            Bring it!!
                            Well, when it was first suggested to me (looks around for who it was that suggested it), I thought it sounded pretty darn good. Luckily, SIL is making hubby's pecan, so I don't have to.

And if I knew where to send it, I might. Of course, it's more likely going to be eaten practically as soon as it's cool enough with about half a tub of vanilla ice cream, so. . . don't get your hopes up.

sigpic
                            My Stories: FFdotNet
                            My Stories AO3
                            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving!
                              sigpic

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X