No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said I didn't remember it other than it having animals. Is it that disturbing? Now I feel bad about posting it.
    Don't worry, Treknik--it's just very explicit. I don't usually read this kind of stuff, and got a little more than I clicked for. But I could always click away, and I did, and there we are. I'm just saying to those young'uns who are on the thread (and again I find myself saying, you know who you are) only read what's allowed. All the rest of you, I still just say, EEK. What a tail. Ha ha.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      Don't worry, Treknik--it's just very explicit. I don't usually read this kind of stuff, and got a little more than I clicked for. But I could always click away, and I did, and there we are. I'm just saying to those young'uns who are on the thread (and again I find myself saying, you know who you are) only read what's allowed. All the rest of you, I still just say, EEK. What a tail. Ha ha.
      Thanks and I don't read really explicit stories either or just skip through those parts if the story is good, so maybe that is why I don't remember it much. I will try it though. Can't blame a girl for trying right?
      sigpic
      I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

And I'll add to the add. . .

Jack cares for her enough to allow her to find happiness if this path is the one that she wants to traverse. I'm weird enough to think that's kind of sweet--that he doesn't try to force her decision. Maybe it's because he doesn't think he's good enough for her in the first place (this is kind of what it feels to me, in which case I *sigh* because I think that's romantic), or he believes that she believes that she's going to be happy with P___ and wants to give her the opportunity to go for what she wants.

But in the end, Number10 is all that matters, and they end up FISHING together, just the way all of heaven and earth intended. . .
        while this makes sense (your explanation for 'why' jack didn't speak up), i can't help thinking that maybe sam took this quietness as he's no longer interested in her in a romantic way/in love.

but maybe sam moving on to another guy gave jack the same thought...

sam and jack are dummies.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

She did post a warning that it had a Mature rating and didn't link directly to the story, but to the author's site. Ya were warned before hand

Pol - that was a brilliant little ficlet. You need to do more. You know, after all that other writing overflowing your plate!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

third try on this post... first i accidently deleted what i was going to say (i wrote it out in 'notebook'), and then i thought i was opening the door on my tower to take a cd out, but i was really turning the computer off!

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            But then I think those who haven't seen it yet just never will - well unless there's full on tonsil hockey going on of course. And actually, I'm just so tired of arguing the point to those who don't or won't that I'm at the point where all I feel like saying to them is, "Yeah, whatever!"
            oh, believe me, i gave up 'debating' with them a long time ago! (and too much water under the bridge has drown a lot of us )

As I say, I think I'm just at the point where I don't need to justify my thoughts on that as much as I once did and I also feel like I don't need TPTB to justify it either. Having said that, they've had a much more pro-ship attitude of late, which makes me confident that - subtle or not - it is their intention to give us at least onec scene that removes a good deal of the ambiguity in movie #3.
            oy, i can't remember my exact wording, but the gist of it was...

if other shows (sgu) and other ships (sam/pete) get shown in all their glory, why not sam/jack???

in my true shippy heart and mind, a good and juicy kiss (ala 'grace') would do the trick! it would a- confirm that sam and jack are IN a relationship, and b- give me a glorious squee in *seeing* that they are!!

The irony of that is, that their friendship and working relationship was, by this point, already suffering because they were denying their true feelings.
            i think so too.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post
              Hmm, what about... "In the Line of Duty", "Beneath the Surface", and "Metamorphosis"??? There is some great shippy moments in those episodes.
              well, the list was about 'defining' moments, not so much faves.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                third try on this post... first i accidently deleted what i was going to say (i wrote it out in 'notebook'), and then i thought i was opening the door on my tower to take a cd out, but i was really turning the computer off!

oh, believe me, i gave up 'debating' with them a long time ago! (and too much water under the bridge has drown a lot of us )

if other shows (sgu) and other ships (sam/pete) get shown in all their glory, why not sam/jack???

in my true shippy heart and mind, a good and juicy kiss (ala 'grace') would do the trick! it would a- confirm that sam and jack are IN a relationship, and b- give me a glorious squee in *seeing* that they are!!

i think so too.
                ((Sally)) I've done the Off switch thing too.

I won't settle for anything less than a real Sam/Jack big honkin' kiss!!!

Comment

well, the list was about 'defining' moments, not so much faves.
                  "In the Line of Duty" may have not been a 'define' moment but it sure was intense.. especially the end.
                  sigpic
                  My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post
                    "In the Line of Duty" may have not been a 'define' moment but it sure was intense.. especially the end.
                    oh, i agree.

and as a sam fan, it was awesome for her character too!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

<snipped>

i think so too.
                      Bolded Part: I totally agree, Sally. I would still think they are together even if we never get confirmation, but knowing that *everyone* knows they are so married would be the icing on the shipper cake. And a kiss like Grace? That would be so...hot!

Comment

<snip>

i think so too.
                        Yes, I don't think it is too much to ask for a Big Honkin' Kiss
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                          Bolded Part: I totally agree, Sally. I would still think they are together even if we never get confirmation, but knowing that *everyone* knows they are so married would be the icing on the shipper cake. And a kiss like Grace? That would be so...hot!
                          that 'grace' kiss is...

i'm not trying to prove to others that sam and jack are together, i just want it proven to ME that they are!

~i said this to someone once, but if you're a big sports fan and your fave team *finally* is in the world series, wouldn't you want to *see* them win it? would you saying, 'they probably won... just use your imagination' be enough!? ~
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Peeves
                            Spoiler:

Referring to women as "sir" is only correct in the Navy (so I've read). Dress blues - that's all I knew them as when I growing up (my dad's a retired AF Lt. Col. and YES I abbreviated... LOL - that doesn't bother me so much in writing as 2IC).

But the "airman" thing is perhaps one of my biggest peeves because it's a rank - an enlisted rank to be contrasted with say a Lieutenant, an officer rank....

I <3 Sam and Jack.

Comment

that 'grace' kiss is...

i'm not trying to prove to others that sam and jack are together, i just want it proven to ME that they are!

~i said this to someone once, but if you're a big sports fan and your fave team *finally* is in the world series, wouldn't you want to *see* them win it? would you saying, 'they probably won... just use your imagination' be enough!? ~
                              Well, to me they already are together. So yes, showing everyone else would be nice. However, yes, seeing it for myself...really seeing a kiss like Grace would be awesomeness x14. Really.

So yes, I would like to see it. But if it never happens, *shrugs*, that's okay. Three of my ships have bit the dust in a matter of a week, so yeah, as long as I can *imagine* them together and neither one is dead or not in love with the other or in denial about their feelings I will be happy in my own shippy world.

Comment

Some more "shippy" stuff, military style...

from Touchstone

Comment

Working...
                                X