Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post
    Umm..i have no idea who they are but ok.

Lol ok. i never make my sigs either. i find them..wherever.
    Charisma was in Buffy and Angel. Sean was in Boondock Saints I & II

I just have one that I don't know who made it
    sigpic
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Umm..i have no idea who they are but ok.

Lol ok. i never make my sigs either. i find them..wherever.
      Sean Patrick Flannery played Orlin in "Ascension", Season 5 - the ascended being who fell for Sam, came to earth and became human again just for her.

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
        Just watching Nemesis... saw a great shippy moment when Jack tells the team that they can't come to help cause whoever come won't be coming back. Sam looks at him with such a sad "don't leave" kind of face. Never noticed it before but thought it was so cute.
        That scene is amazing. Sam's true feelings shine through, there's no doubt about it, and Jack seems to notice that too.

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
          Charisma was in Buffy and Angel. Sean was in Boondock Saints I & II

I just have one that I don't know who made it
          Ohh haha now i know why idk them. cuz i dont watch that.
          I wish someone would make me one. LOL

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Sean Patrick Flannery played Orlin in "Ascension", Season 5 - the ascended being who fell for Sam, came to earth and became human again just for her.
          Ohhh now i know him.

sigpic
          My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
            Just watching Nemesis... saw a great shippy moment when Jack tells the team that they can't come to help cause whoever come won't be coming back. Sam looks at him with such a sad "don't leave" kind of face. Never noticed it before but thought it was so cute.

Since i'm new to these woods (mostly lurk around here alot ) I'm not sure if I'm just imagining it, but there seem to be alot of shippy moments in other episode than the standard "ship" episodes y'all talk about most of the time. I'm just now seeing them...it only took me watching the series three times over!!! Oh well... better late than never eh?!
            Yep, that's a great scene and, personally, one I find even more telling than the whole fishing invite that preceeded it.
            The one thing I love about the whole Sam/Jack thing over the years is how wonderfully it was written to be open to our interpretation, What I mean is, if you are one of those (admitedly crazy ) people who don't want or see the ship, you can... well you can not see it as shippy and it works just as well. I know a lot of people - some on this very thread even - didn't see ship until it got to a point when it was made much less obvious that this was about their romantic feelings for each other. I know I didn't for quite a lot of scenes others find incredibly shippy and it's been fun, going back and watching episodes with the Ship Tinted Glasses firmly in place and finding those moments.

I may be in a minority here, in that I am glad they didn't make it more overt throguhout the series but that, I think, is what made it so great.

I might also be in the minority in that I am not overly bothered about seeing ship in SGU (actually I'd prefer not to because SGU, for me, is about those new characters and not ones from another series and it would feel like they've just thrown it there to keep a certain aspect of fandom happy and not for any real development of the SGU ongoing story).

I'm also not overly bothered if they don't make it hugely overt in movie #3. Yes, I know I say I want a kiss etc. along with everyone else and, oh I would been squeeing from the ceiling if they did, but I'm seriously not expecting movie #3 to have anything hugely ship focussed. If past performance is anything to go by I'm expecting something fairly subtle. BUt, you know, that's ok by me because, I know in my little world, that Sam and Jack have been together in a romantic sense since Threads. That, to me, is a given and I'm so confident of that, I don't feel like I need to have it proved to me (or to non-shippers... although it would be sweet ). I might be miffed if they painted them as not together, or only just getting together in the movies, but that's because I see it as out of character that they would not be at this point.
            As I say, obviously, I'd love to see it and have it absolutely confirmed but, I don't need confirmation to be happy with the ship being the way it is.

While I'm here, just to let you know since it's been mentioned on the Discussion thread, the S5 Shipper rewatch will be starting again on the 26th April. Sorry that it's been so long. Truthfully, I was waiting to see if enough people wanted to participate in doing the write ups and then RL got in the way a bit. We have volunteers to make it worth while doing now but I am always willing to jig it around if anyone else wants to participate, even to do just their one favourite episode. Just shout... well, PM me!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              The one thing I love about the whole Sam/Jack thing over the years is how wonderfully it was written to be open to our interpretation, What I mean is, if you are one of those (admitedly crazy ) people who don't want or see the ship, you can... well you can not see it as shippy and it works just as well. I know a lot of people - some on this very thread even - didn't see ship until it got to a point when it was made much less obvious that this was about their romantic feelings for each other. I know I didn't for quite a lot of scenes others find incredibly shippy and it's been fun, going back and watching episodes with the Ship Tinted Glasses firmly in place and finding those moments.
              As one of those who wasn't a 'shipper' until after Threads, I can honestly say it wasn't so much I didn't know they had romantic feelings as they were subtle enough I didn't have to pay attention to them. Since then, though, as you say, it's fun to go back and rewatch and to really be able to understand the characters and what's going on. Because I still believe in order to really understand the characters and what's going on you *have* to understand the ship. I think it's possible to watch and enjoy the show without it, but I think a deeper understanding of motivation and cause really does need the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                Yep, that's a great scene and, personally, one I find even more telling than the whole fishing invite that preceeded it.
                I have to admit I totally didn't pay much attention to the ship the first time throught the series...the second time is when I really started to notice it, but only superficially and only the really obvious stuff in the obvious eps.
                I may be in a minority here, in that I am glad they didn't make it more overt throguhout the series but that, I think, is what made it so great.

I might also be in the minority in that I am not overly bothered about seeing ship in SGU (actually I'd prefer not to because SGU, for me, is about those new characters and not ones from another series and it would feel like they've just thrown it there to keep a certain aspect of fandom happy and not for any real development of the SGU ongoing story).
                I think I am one of the few that actual kind of like all the "hubba hubba" on SGU! I think it brings a sense of reality to their situation, especially with the civilians on the show... realistically ppl who are accustomed to physical companionship on a regular basis would not all of a sudden abstain, and its safe the say the there must be characters that have personal connections w/ one another, even if its just about the sex.

I'm also not overly bothered if they don't make it hugely overt in movie #3. Yes, I know I say I want a kiss etc. along with everyone else and, oh I would been squeeing from the ceiling if they did, but I'm seriously not expecting movie #3 to have anything hugely ship focussed. If past performance is anything to go by I'm expecting something fairly subtle. BUt, you know, that's ok by me because, I know in my little world, that Sam and Jack have been together in a romantic sense since Threads. That, to me, is a given and I'm so confident of that, I don't feel like I need to have it proved to me (or to non-shippers... although it would be sweet ). I might be miffed if they painted them as not together, or only just getting together in the movies, but that's because I see it as out of character that they would not be at this point.
                As I say, obviously, I'd love to see it and have it absolutely confirmed but, I don't need confirmation to be happy with the ship being the way it is.
                OK... I thought I was the only shipper that was synical about Movie 3 confirmation! I honestly have no expectations about tptb confirming squat! I just don't think its their priority as despite the shipper fans out there, tptb are primarily men, and lets face it MOST (although admittedly not all) shippers are women. Venus and mars folks... I just don't think they are thinking about it as much as we are!!!!!

While I'm here, just to let you know since it's been mentioned on the Discussion thread, the S5 Shipper rewatch will be starting again on the 26th April. Sorry that it's been so long. Truthfully, I was waiting to see if enough people wanted to participate in doing the write ups and then RL got in the way a bit. We have volunteers to make it worth while doing now but I am always willing to jig it around if anyone else wants to participate, even to do just their one favourite episode. Just shout... well, PM me!
                Sweet... thanks for the info and I'm totally in!

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                As one of those who wasn't a 'shipper' until after Threads, I can honestly say it wasn't so much I didn't know they had romantic feelings as they were subtle enough I didn't have to pay attention to them. Since then, though, as you say, it's fun to go back and rewatch and to really be able to understand the characters and what's going on. Because I still believe in order to really understand the characters and what's going on you *have* to understand the ship. I think it's possible to watch and enjoy the show without it, but I think a deeper understanding of motivation and cause really does need the ship.
                This has the been the fun part for this rewatch!! I have just recently discovered the official shipper movement and its cool to go back and watch the moments that everyone talks about and see the character moments in new ways.
                sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                GateCon Vancouver 2011
                Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

When they make the 3rd movie (which the BETTER!! ) I WANT to HEAR that Sam/Jack are officially together and not get little hints. Who's with me?!
                  I'm with ya with everything crossed

Comment

When they make the 3rd movie (which the BETTER!! ) I WANT to HEAR that Sam/Jack are officially together and not get little hints. Who's with me?!
                    It'll happen.

I have absolutely no doubts.
                    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
                      I'm with ya with everything crossed
                      Yayy keep em crossed.

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                      It'll happen.

Me either. I'm keeping my thoughts positive.
                      sigpic
                      My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                        It'll happen.

I want to be as confident as you.

Me needz the third SG-1 sooooo baaaaad.

Comment

Originally posted by Tachyon View Post

Don't we all?
                          Btw LMAO at that "GAAH!" face.
                          sigpic
                          My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Tachyon View Post

sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

This is the latest vid of my friend akachan. Made for Jann who is really a terrific stalker!
                              She obtained angst from DM, gutter from me and fluff from her!

sigpic
                              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                                This is the latest vid of my friend akachan. Made for Jann who is really a terrific stalker!
                                She obtained angst from DM, gutter from me and fluff from her!

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!! Another great vid from akachan.
                                sigpic
                                My tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X