Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

i don't mind the interview, or the way amanda answered the shippy question, i just didn't care 'for' the question, b/c... if we are to believe sam and jack are together now, then what's that question got to do with anything....
    The question was if they'd get together if they'd been stuck on the ship in Unending? Um...they'd already been together for a couple of years, so yeah! I definitely think they'd be together!
    Originally posted by Pol View Post
    until she faced the fact that her heart belonged to someone else.
    Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by pol View Post
      hmm...now this is interesting. The auction listing description of sam's engagement ring from . I wonder who wrote the blurb? Hmm?

production description: Engagement ring worn by actress amanda tapping as samantha carter, worn often from the sg-1 season eight episodes "affinity" to "threads". Sam's engagement to denver colorado police officer pete shanahan brought a brief period of happiness to her life, until she faced the fact that her heart belonged to someone else. {emphasis added by me}

someone posted the link on mala's thread, i'm just sharing the good bits here. <g>

And that's ostensibly from a non-crazy-fangirl-shipper, too!! (and I say "crazy-fangirl-shipper" with love )

Comment

Originally posted by _SocraticMethod View Post

And that's ostensibly from a non-crazy-fangirl-shipper, too!! (and I say "crazy-fangirl-shipper" with love )
        sure ya do....I believe you....when pigs fly....

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
          Hmm...now this is interesting. The auction listing description of Sam's engagement ring from . I wonder who wrote the blurb? Hmm?

Production description: Engagement ring worn by actress Amanda Tapping as Samantha Carter, worn often from the SG-1 Season Eight episodes "Affinity" to "Threads". Sam's engagement to Denver Colorado police officer Pete Shanahan brought a brief period of happiness to her life, until she faced the fact that her heart belonged to someone else. {emphasis added by me}

Someone posted the link on Mala's thread, I'm just sharing the good bits here. <g>
          *joins other shippers and squees*

This made my day

sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
            And speaking of random Stargate songs:

Spoiler:
            In "It's good to be King", the minstrels play a song when Jack is coming through the 'Gate to meet Maybourne. Is that a real song, and has anyone worked out what song it is? I've been wracking my brain, and can't figure it out. . .Anyone? Anyone?
            Spoiler:
            I think it's the The Girl from Ipanema but I could be wrong. Jack even comments on it by saying something to Mayborne like "Do you mind? These guys are torturing that ditty."

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              You left out the part of this scene where Jack rather deliberately "ogles" Sam's backside when she's facing away from him, and he did it right in front of Jacob!
              I even did a humor photo art about that exact thing here's the link (You can find it amongst the 6th Season S/J Photo Art and it's named SJhumor.jpg):
              http://planettv.webng.com/StargateSG...ssg1m.html#sam

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                I even did a humor photo art about that exact thing here's the link (You can find it amongst the 6th Season S/J Photo Art and it's named SJhumor.jpg):
                http://planettv.webng.com/StargateSG...ssg1m.html#sam

Comment

Phew! This one took me all day to pull together.

Continuing with my favorite Sam/Jack moments...

SEASON 7

Fallen
                  After giving her a hard time during her presentation he "consoles" her by telling her he thinks the plan is the wackiest ever. He gets up to leave and brushes against her as he goes by. (Even though there was plenty of room to go by her without getting so close.) Then she leaves the room and Jonas and Daniel are left sitting there looking very confused.

Homecoming
                  All of the Sam/Jack scenes. They aren't shippy but they have a comfy, cozy look and feel. There is a cute scene where Jack tries to use an analogy about dogs and dancing monkeys but fails and Sam is amused.

Revisions
                  As the team enters the town Sam makes a quip and gets a look from Jack. She smiles then starts looking at the buildings as they are walking and drifts into Jack.

Lifeboat
                  At the end when Sam and Teal'c return from hooking up the generator:
                  The naquadah generator will sustain the power, Sir.
                  We should be able to begin the restoration process within hours.
                  And we can start relocating them shortly after that.
                  Good, we'll leave that for SG-4, they love that kind of stuff.

Enemy Mine
                  Jack is in the infirmary with his arm in a sling being tended to by a nurse. Daniel is nearby and Jack is crabby and whiney until Sam shows up. Then he sits up straight and acts like he's okay.

Space Race
                  When Sam gets the alien operations manual.
                  That's not our language.
                  It's mine... sir.
                  Right!
                  He pats her on the shoulder, rubs her shoulder then looks around, sort of like "Oops hope nobody saw that." I also like how Daniel gets away from them like "Aw jeez you two, get a room!"

Then when Teal'c uses Sam as an excuse to get out of going to the headquarters, which surprises Sam, Jack gives them both squinty, suspicious looks.
                  I do not wish to disappoint Major Carter.
                  Sam and Jack look at each other.
                  Yes… I know the feeeeling.
                  He reaches out and touches Sam as he leaves . She looks back to Teal'c, looking very amused.

Avenger 2.0
                  The opening where the plasma weapon blows up and Sam keeps climbing all over hiding behind Jack.

Evolution Part 1
                  Walking to an elevator talking about the plan to use a dart on the super soldier. Sam is way too excited. She looks like she's about to explode. I figure it's because she's trying to keep it "simple" for Jack but... there might be another reason.

Evolution Part 2
                  When Sam returns and Jack holds her back as everyone else leaves the gateroom. He compliments her command, she looks down and he does a little bounce. Then she looks up at him and he asks her to lunch.

Grace
                  The infirmary scene at the end.

Chimera
                  In the elevator.

Death Knell
                  A scene without Sam. When SG's 1 and 3 first get to the planet, Jack orders to search for survivors and Reynolds says, "Who could've survived this?" Jack stares at him for 3 long and silent seconds. Yikes!

Heroes, Part 1
                  Jack is getting coffee. Sam joins him and they talk about the documentary, casually walking off down the corridor.

Heroes, Part 2
                  The hug.

Lost City
                  The end when Jack is frozen and Sam puts her hand up to him.

Comment

Stargate Music. . .

Spoiler:
                    I think it's the The Girl from Ipanema but I could be wrong. Jack even comments on it by saying something to Mayborne like "Do you mind? These guys are torturing that ditty."

Spoiler:
                    I don't think so, but it's hard to tell from how they play it. I'll watch it again and see. Thanks for the thought, though. . .
                    sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                      I had absolutely no idea, but I laughed all the way through the video even though I should have been appalled. But hey--once a Monty Python lover, always a Monty Python lover.

So, what does do my shippy sighs? Is his singing still ship-worthy or just guttery? And are they the same thing? HMMMM....

And speaking of random Stargate songs:

Spoiler:
                      In "It's good to be King", the minstrels play a song when Jack is coming through the 'Gate to meet Maybourne. Is that a real song, and has anyone worked out what song it is? I've been wracking my brain, and can't figure it out. . .Anyone? Anyone?
                      I heard somewhere (commentary, I believe) that it was a very loose rendition of the MacGyver theme song, though the comment may have been in jest.
                      sigpic
                      The Return of King Arthur
                      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I heard somewhere (commentary, I believe) that it was a very loose rendition of the MacGyver theme song, though the comment may have been in jest.
                        Hmm--that sounds promising. I'll go and check that out! Thanks!
                        sigpic
                        My Stories: FFdotNet
                        My Stories AO3
                        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                          Phew! This one took me all day to pull together.

Continuing with my favorite Sam/Jack moments...
                          Great moments, UhSir. Season 7 is not my favorite season by far, but the listed shippy moments are definitely worth remembering.

A quick jump to season 10 here. I am finally giving the last season a fair chance and wathing all the episodes. I couldn't help but to smile in the beginning of the Bad Guys when the team was in the briefing room and Daniel (?) pointed out that Sam is *still* in Washington. My shippy mind saw a consipracy right there and then. So I'm thinking she did brief the president about the things she witnessed during the two weeks in the alternative universe, however majority of her stay in the city involves playing hooky in certain general's digs.
                          Last edited by Tachyon; 05 April 2010, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tachyon View Post

A quick jump to season 10 here. I have finally giving the last season a fair chance and wathing all the episodes. I couldn't help but to smile in the beginning of the Bad Guys when the team was in the briefing room and Daniel (?) pointed out that Sam is *still* in Washington. My shippy mind saw a consipracy right there and then. So I'm thinking she did brief the president about the things she witnessed during the two weeks in the alternative universe, however majority of her stay in the city involves playing hooky in certain general's digs.
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

So a little bit late to the discussion but it was an interesting interview.

I think it's a sign of how enduring the ship is and how important it was to Sam as a character that it still appears in questions about SG1. Personally, I'm not too fussed about it being a bit of light-hearted fun at the end of an interview.

Also have to say that if they had shown Sam and Jack together in Unending, and they had shown it as they're already together before the time-bubble but the bubble just means they lose the ranks and are *openly* together, I would have been fine with that as confirmation. Namely because when the reset button would have been pressed, we would still know they're together. *hopes that made sense*

If they'd shown Unending as Sam and Jack only just then getting together and then resetting AGAIN I think I would have hurled something at my TV.
                              sigpic
                              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tachyon View Post
                                Great moments, UhSir. Season 7 is not my favorite season by far, but the listed shippy moments are definitely worth remembering.

A quick jump to season 10 here. I am finally giving the last season a fair chance and wathing all the episodes. I couldn't help but to smile in the beginning of the Bad Guys when the team was in the briefing room and Daniel (?) pointed out that Sam is *still* in Washington. My shippy mind saw a consipracy right there and then. So I'm thinking she did brief the president about the things she witnessed during the two weeks in the alternative universe, however majority of her stay in the city involves playing hooky in certain general's digs.
                                Yeah, that excuse of being in Washington makes no sense to me because it had been a while since the events of The Road Not Taken so I tend to take a shippy view of it that it was an excuse for her to be in Washington with Jack.
                                sigpic
                                Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                                My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Working...
                                X