No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HUGS to everyone that is passing through tough times lately. The only sad thing I have to report is that my computer died yesterday, and we had to give it a decent burial. And then we went out this afternoon and bought an iMac--so all in all, not all that bad.

I do have to say that my heart is going out to all of you--it's never easy--no matter how "ready" you are for the passing. I just know that time does help some, and friends and family and support help some, and faith helps some, and all together, eventually, it will feel a little better. Love and (for those who want them) prayers are on their way from me. Hugs to all!

I won't be around for a few days--I'm going to Houston for International Quilt Market, which is (believe me) even geekier than Comicon. And it has fabric and thread and quilters. What could be better? I'm so excited I can't see straight! And it has NOTHING to do with the fact that I'm leaving the kids home with Dad. Really.

But I go with Sam and JAck, and a big notebook full of blank paper so that I can take notes and jot down story ideas for lots of writing when I get back.

So long for now! Maybe when I get back, I'll understand this new computer!

loves

And by the way, if you're interested in something a little humorous . . . there's a little fanfic comp on GW right now. Should you be interested in reading the stories, they and the poll can be found here.
    Last edited by Akamaimom; 27 October 2010, 10:07 PM.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      OT:
      Spoiler:

we're also preparing for the worst with regards to my dad.....he's got gout in both feet (no flare-ups that I know of).....osteoarthritis brought on by the gout in both feet.....a bad hip...diabetes....and to top it all off he got melanoma cancer which he waited till the lump under his arms was the size of a baseball before getting it looked at......the pills Roswell gave him weren't working....he was supposed to start traditional chemo treatments on the 19th but his platelet count was too low so they had to do a platelet infusion and they're gonna try again on nov. 2nd for his first traditional chemo treatment......he says he's gonna fight with everything he's got but my worry is that with all his other problems that his body doesn't have much left to fight with....

so I've been looking at funeral homes though the only one that has the actual prices on their website is Amigone......I'll have to call or email the others to see if they can fax me a price list....he's opted for cremation.....which is the cheapest option.....and since around Vatican 2 is perfectly OK as long as the cremains are interred in a cemetery (usually in a columbarium or cremation garden)
      (((mad_gater))) *huggles*

Have fun at the International Quilt Market Aka
      I hope you come back with plenty fic ideas
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

OT:
        Spoiler:

we're also preparing for the worst with regards to my dad.....he's got gout in both feet (no flare-ups that I know of).....osteoarthritis brought on by the gout in both feet.....a bad hip...diabetes....and to top it all off he got melanoma cancer which he waited till the lump under his arms was the size of a baseball before getting it looked at......the pills Roswell gave him weren't working....he was supposed to start traditional chemo treatments on the 19th but his platelet count was too low so they had to do a platelet infusion and they're gonna try again on nov. 2nd for his first traditional chemo treatment......he says he's gonna fight with everything he's got but my worry is that with all his other problems that his body doesn't have much left to fight with....

so I've been looking at funeral homes though the only one that has the actual prices on their website is Amigone......I'll have to call or email the others to see if they can fax me a price list....he's opted for cremation.....which is the cheapest option.....and since around Vatican 2 is perfectly OK as long as the cremains are interred in a cemetery (usually in a columbarium or cremation garden)
        Hugs to everyone suffering losses at the moment xxx
        Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        But I go with Sam and JAck, and a big notebook full of blank paper so that I can take notes and jot down story ideas for lots of writing when I get back.

loves

And by the way, if you're interested in something a little humorous . . . there's a little fanfic comp on GW right now. Should you be interested in reading the stories, they and the poll can be found here.
        Have a wonderful time and we will all look forward to more Glinda stories

Comment

My step-mom just sent me this. "Why men aren't allowed to take phone messages"

Spoiler:

I could totally see this inspiring a funny little ficlet... hmmm...
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*wanders into thread and leaves present*

And so it began:

*wanders out again smiling*

Comment

Just making a pass through the thread, and I'm so sorry for all the tough times people are going through. My prayers are with you! ((((Cags and MG))))
              sigpic
              Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Thanks for the pic-spam, hlndcr! Love watching beginnings!!

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post

Comment

I won't be around for a few days--I'm going to Houston for International Quilt Market, which is (believe me) even geekier than Comicon. And it has fabric and thread and quilters. What could be better? I'm so excited I can't see straight! And it has NOTHING to do with the fact that I'm leaving the kids home with Dad. Really.

loves
                    Have fun!! I hope you get some good fic inspiration!

Comment

Cags- my prayers are with you and your family! Much love to you.

Comment

What lovely picspam! So...we've all agreed on Saturday, November 20 for Shipsgiving, right?

I'll let TrueRomantic know so she can finish the invitations...

We'll post the invite, sig and avatar as soon as they're ready! In the meantime, please spread the word to other S/J Shippers!

Ooooohhhh!!! I love our holidays!!!

Comment

So Im doing a SG-1 rewatch to get myself back in the stargate mood and I'm on season 4 episode 6: window of opportunity and I gotta tell you these earlier episodes of SG-1 are just great. I especially like woo cause of that BHK Jack gives Sam. And plus it's fun seeing jack do some cool things in those time loops. Here's a question: Window of Opportunity aired after Divide and Conquer where Jack and Sam Admit that they "care about each other alot more than they're suppose to" and do you think it was a deliberate part on the writers job to have two Shippy episodes back to back?

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                            http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/trupi/sg104-0020-2.gif
                            Nice! They look so young and fresh.

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                            Hi everyone *waves*

Bad day venting...
                            Spoiler:
                            I haven't been here since Monday, I missed coming here! Yesterday was a stressful day. My car broke down on the way to work, had to wait an hour for a tow truck on the side of the interstate, with cars zooming past at 60 mph, and my phone was down to one bar!! Arrg! So now, $600 later, my car is running again and I binged on ice cream. And I watched Rocky Horror Glee... all is better for now!
                            Sorry you had such a bad day. Ice cream makes everything better, doesn't it?

OT:
                            Spoiler:

So sorry to hear that. Wishing you all the best in this difficult time.

Have fun at your quilting convention! Hopefully, you'll be inspired to create some lovely S/J fics while you're away. Also, I can so relate to having time off without the kids. As much as I love mine, it was great leaving them at home with their dad, while I spent the day with just my girlfriends last weekend. Ahhh... bliss.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post

LOL!

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            *wanders into thread and leaves present*

And so it began:

<snip>

*wanders out again smiling*
                            Awesome picspam! And, why wander out... stay awhile and post some more

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              So I did an SG-1 rematch to get myself back in the stargate mood and I'm on window of opportunity and I gotta tell you these earlier episodes of SG-1 are just great. I especially like woo cause of that BHK Jack gives Sam. And plus it's fun seeing jack do some cool things in those time loops.
                              WoO is absolutely one of my all-time favourite episodes. In terms of the Groundhog Day-like premise, I had seen it done on ST:TNG and The X Files before I saw it on SG1, and although I liked their versions, I love WoO so much more. It has a great balance of humour and drama. The other two shows took the idea very seriously, but I loved all of the O'Neill humour in this one. The ending, for me, really grounded the episode and gave it some depth. Great, great ep.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                                What lovely picspam! So...we've all agreed on Saturday, November 20 for Shipsgiving, right?

I'll let TrueRomantic know so she can finish the invitations...

We'll post the invite, sig and avatar as soon as they're ready! In the meantime, please spread the word to other S/J Shippers!

Ooooohhhh!!! I love our holidays!!!
                                Sounds good to me! Thanks for organizing.... I know organizing these things can be a lot of work.

(Sorry for the double/triple posts )

Comment

Working...
                                X