No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant to be here earlier than this today, but better late than never, I guess. So, here are some holiday greetings from me:

Comment

An oldie:

Comment

I wonder if I should admit to how many of my angsty fics have been written with fluffy musicals on in the background. Sound of Music and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang being my personal favorites. And I know I'm not alone in this, but I won't give away the secrets of others (but you all would be shocked )

I actually can't see Sam as watching fluffy musicals generally speaking, mainly because I see her as trying to suppress that part of herself from childhood to gain Jacob's approval. That said, I can see her *enjoying * them now, and possibly being a bit surprised to find that to be true. When I envision the scene, it's more Cassie introducing Sam to them and her initially just watching them cause Cass wanted to until, years later, Sam and Cassie still carving out time to watch them and sucking Jack in, too.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          I wonder if I should admit to how many of my angsty fics have been written with fluffy musicals on in the background. Sound of Music and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang being my personal favorites. And I know I'm not alone in this, but I won't give away the secrets of others (but you all would be shocked )

I actually can't see Sam as watching fluffy musicals generally speaking, mainly because I see her as trying to suppress that part of herself from childhood to gain Jacob's approval. That said, I can see her *enjoying * them now, and possibly being a bit surprised to find that to be true. When I envision the scene, it's more Cassie introducing Sam to them and her initially just watching them cause Cass wanted to until, years later, Sam and Cassie still carving out time to watch them and sucking Jack in, too.
          I absolutely love how you see it and completely believe that and agree with it as its a rather brillant take on things
          sigpic
          thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

So...in "researching" the Urgo Campfire I just had to watch it again. I capped along as I went and found this little tidbit.

When Jack licks his lips, Sam's eyes drop to said lips and stay there until the cutaway.

Yummmmmmmmmm. squeeeee.
            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
              Aww...watching it right now. That really does seem like a good favorite movie for Sam. She could just enjoy it without needing to pick it apart. Such a good movie.
              i think jack would tease her, but she'd just hit him and he'd shut up. (but she'd see him grinning out of the corner of her eye, and tell him to stop it! )
              sally

sigpic

Comment

uhsir, i'm very much enjoying reading your fave sam/jack moments!
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                  So...in "researching" the Urgo Campfire I just had to watch it again. I capped along as I went and found this little tidbit.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...o_lipslook.png

When Jack licks his lips, Sam's eyes drop to said lips and stay there until the cutaway.

Yummmmmmmmmm. squeeeee.
                  *le gasp* awesome findd!! i love it
                  Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  i think jack would tease her, but she'd just hit him and he'd shut up. (but she'd see him grinning out of the corner of her eye, and tell him to stop it! )
                  lol exactly how i see it happening
                  sigpic
                  thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Last one of mine:

Comment

Easter smilies by Zuz:

Happy Easter, Ship Family!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post

I can see Sam and Cassie doing a lot of things together as Cassie has been growing up. Sam can teach her a lot of things, and Cassie probably has been teaching Sam a lot of things about being a kid.

OT:
                        Spoiler:
                        TBS has been showing "Lord of the Rings" the last three nights, and "The Return of the King" is on right now. I get goose bumps watching some of the spectacular scenes, and tears in my eyes at certain points (like the king dying on the battlefield watching Eowyn kill the Black Rider and the Nazgul). And I could watch Vigo Mortinson, Orlando Bloom, and the actor who plays Faramir all day!

Comment

Ooooohhh.

I think secretly Sam's favorite movie is the Sound of Music...ficlet...Jack catches her watching it and being smarmy over the dancing of the Llendler during the party.

oooooh

Can you tell it's on tv now?
                          Yep! I'm watching it too! It's one of my favorites!

And someone should definitely write a fic about Jack teasing Sam about it.

It'd be really funny if Sam started watching old classic musicals with Cassie when she first came to Earth. I could see her getting a song stuck in her head, and then Jack would catch her humming it while on base (though maybe that's more angsty considering what we know about Sam and humming.)
                          sigpic
                          The Return of King Arthur
                          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Continuing with my favorite Sam/Jack moments...

SEASON 6

Redemption, Part 1
                            Jack comes into Sam's lab and calls her an egghead. They have a nice conversation, with a little teasing. Jack says he's going for cake and Sam decides to go with. But then the alarms sound. Darn!

Allegiance
                            After Bra'tac is abducted and everyone is trying to figure out what to do. First, the little bit where Jack is checking out Sam. Then Sam and Malek start jabbering technobabble and Jack pulls on her rein.
                            Carter?
                            Sir, the invisibility field must operate…
                            (waving his hand at her) Are you about to tell me that you can make the invisible guy vis…?
                            (cuts him off) Yes, sir!
                            That's all I need!
                            Then Sam turns away frustrated and Jack gives her an exasperated look.

Part of me thinks he's acting jealous and part of me thinks he's upset about her wasting time chattering.

Cure
                            In a lab on Pangar they argue about whether or not the Tok'ra are withholding the cure.

Sight Unseen
                            Another argument repartee!! Walking in the corridor and Jack asks her to go fishing and Sam says she's got other plans. Jack remarks she always does and she quips he only asked because he knew she was busy. He disagrees and asks her again as the elevator door closes on him.

Metamorphosis
                            Jack runs back to the cell and picks up dying Sam.

Forsaken
                            Jack goofing with her at the telescope.

Full Circle
                            The discussion about Skaara's wedding.
                            Last edited by UhSir; 04 April 2010, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Well, this is my take on the Sound of Music thing. . .

"Hey, whatchya watching?"

Sam jumped--then quickly changed channels on the remote. The program that came up was an infomercial--someone was selling a fork that tested the temperature of grilled meats. Handy. But Jack would not be deterred. He'd seen something distinctly NOT an infomercial on as he'd entered the living room, and Sam had been sniffling.

"So--what was that?"

"Nothing, Jack."

"Seriously."

"It was nothing. A stupid movie." Sam swiped at her face with both hands, then laid the remote on the couch next to her.

Jack reached over and found the recall button on the device, and looked pointedly at her as he pushed it.

The screen changed from some guy with an accent selling the fork to a darkened rainy night, and a gazebo, and that lady who had been in that one movie with the kids and the cannon--Mary something. Dick van Dyke had been in it, too, and there had been some kind of enchanted carpet bag.

But there was no carpet bag in this movie, just rain, and a tall dude in a suit, and this dark gazebo.

And singing.

"A musical?"

Sam cast him a threatening look.

"Really? You're into musicals?"

"No. I'm not into musicals."

"You're crying over a musical that you're not into?"

"Not crying."

"The wet eyes, the red nose." Jack raised an eyebrow. "Either it's crying or you're Rudolph with allergies."

Sam considered, worrying at her bottom lip with her white, perfect little teeth. "Okay--but you have to promise that you won't laugh at me."

"C'mon, Sam, musicals are laughworthy. Random people bursting out into song--it's ridiculous."

She took a deep breath and then peeked at him again. Her eyes matched her nose. "It's the Sound of Music."

"Obviously. I hear music--I recognize the sound of it."

"Jack--"

"Sorry."

"It's just this movie. It's the last movie I watched with my mom before she--"

And here Sam faltered, unable to finish the sentence. So Jack sat down and held out his arm, and she pressed herself into his side. "Well, then. There's a reason."

And he laid the remote on the table beside them and settled in.
                              sigpic
                              My Stories: FFdotNet
                              My Stories AO3
                              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...o_lipslook.png

Yummmmmmmmmm. squeeeee.
                                Squeeeeee! I was trying to remember what episode that scene is in. How could forget Urgo? All I could remember was them in the black shirts and standing under that beam. Jack also does a little lean forward move during that scene and Sam has a lovely smile and her eyes are all sparkly.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                uhsir, i'm very much enjoying reading your fave sam/jack moments!
                                I'm having a lot of fun putting them together.

Comment

Working...
                                X