Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
    Me believe too
    I'm a Phile..BELIEVE is my second name!!!!!!!
    *waiting for a BHK *
    sigpic
    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
      I'm a Phile..BELIEVE is my second name!!!!!!!
      *waiting for a BHK *
      sigpic

Comment

Hi All, I read what RDA said about Sam/Jack at the convention a few days ago and it´s frustrating. Even he don´t think that they are together, but worse I got the impression that he even didn´t like the ship. What if they wanna have comfirmation in the last mowie (if it gets made) but he says no, would TPTB consider that?

I don´t know much about RDA, but is he generally against that ship? I always thought he is pro Jack/sam, maybe bacause he played that so well

And for SGU I would love to have comfirmation there.

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
          The prompt is:

The first time Sam got jealous.

I've read a lot of fic where Jack's the one who gets jealous but never Sam.
          Well, the *first* time Sam got jealous was 100 Days and the first time Jack got jealous was The To'kra. And, in a way, they lived with jealousy for years simply because *they* couldn't have each other. I'll think about an S/J established one, but it's a hard thing to do in character (IMHO) given their history and maturity. a.loquita's (which Rachel posted) is a good one, though 'territorial' isn't quite the same as 'jealous'.

I have written Running on Empty which covers Sam's thoughts post-100 Days which is indirectly about jealousy (amongst other things), but even that is sublimated because I think that's the kind of person Sam is.

Comment

Originally posted by Florena View Post
            Hi All, I read what RDA said about Sam/Jack at the convention a few days ago and it´s frustrating. Even he don´t think that they are together, but worse I got the impression that he even didn´t like the ship. What if they wanna have comfirmation in the last mowie (if it gets made) but he says no, would TPTB consider that?

I don´t know much about RDA, but is he generally against that ship? I always thought he is pro Jack/sam, maybe bacause he played that so well

And for SGU I would love to have comfirmation there.
            RDA generally in the interviews I've read has always maintained enjoyment for playing the ship but the view that while Jack and Sam were serving Air Force officers that it shouldn't be shown as them flouting the frat regs (especially as he and the show enjoyed a good relationship with the real Air Force through much of SG1's history - RDA was made an hon Brig Gen if memory serves for his portrayal of Jack).

In truth, having been to a convention with him, he doesn't really remember the specifics of the episodes or the storylines, and doesn't have the same indepth knowledge of the show's minutiae as the fans who adore all the detail, all the looks, etc. So I tend to take the view when he's asked 'should Sam and Jack be shown together' he still tends to stick to the answer he's always given which was fine for the majority of SG1's run but may not be quite so relevant now given the writers' and producers' evident view in interviews since the end of SG1 and since Threads really that one valid interpretation of Sam and Jack's relationship is that they are now together - and therefore it could be assumed that they have resolved the frat regs issue.

I really don't think RDA would have too many problems with tying up the thread and showing confirmation (he was certainly very happy to joke about enjoying many takes of the WOO kiss with Amanda at the same Aussie convention) - just in a way that doesn't disregard the Air Force regs.

EDIT: IOW, I wouldn't place too much emphasis on the answer he gave at the Aussie convention just as I wouldn't place too much emphasis on anything anyone says in an interview regarding pro/anti the relationship. Pretty much every writer/producer/actor has at some point made a comment that could be deemed pro-ship and a comment that could be deemed anti-ship (with perhaps the exception of Joe M who seems to be an out and out Sam/Jack shipper).
            sigpic
            Women of the Gate LJ Community.
            My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              *hangs head*

It was too good an idea.

Interruptus: Whipped.

My apologies to Pol And Shannon... and probably the universe at large.

I love this. Mmmm Pi

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
              I'm in the midst of essay-writing and then Aftershocks so can't play

But I bring gifts of other people's work

Coffee by a-loquita

It's a short, fun story with Sam getting jealous, or maybe territorial would be a better description. Enjoy!
              Thanks for the story rec. This was awesome. I've always loved her characterisations - they're spot on.

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
              RDA generally in the interviews I've read has always maintained enjoyment for playing the ship but the view that while Jack and Sam were serving Air Force officers that it shouldn't be shown as them flouting the frat regs (especially as he and the show enjoyed a good relationship with the real Air Force through much of SG1's history - RDA was made an hon Brig Gen if memory serves for his portrayal of Jack).

In truth, having been to a convention with him, he doesn't really remember the specifics of the episodes or the storylines, and doesn't have the same indepth knowledge of the show's minutiae as the fans who adore all the detail, all the looks, etc. So I tend to take the view when he's asked 'should Sam and Jack be shown together' he still tends to stick to the answer he's always given which was fine for the majority of SG1's run but may not be quite so relevant now given the writers' and producers' evident view in interviews since the end of SG1 and since Threads really that one valid interpretation of Sam and Jack's relationship is that they are now together - and therefore it could be assumed that they have resolved the frat regs issue.

I really don't think RDA would have too many problems with tying up the thread and showing confirmation (he was certainly very happy to joke about enjoying many takes of the WOO kiss with Amanda at the same Aussie convention) - just in a way that doesn't disregard the Air Force regs.

EDIT: IOW, I wouldn't place too much emphasis on the answer he gave at the Aussie convention just as I wouldn't place too much emphasis on anything anyone says in an interview regarding pro/anti the relationship. Pretty much every writer/producer/actor has at some point made a comment that could be deemed pro-ship and a comment that could be deemed anti-ship (with perhaps the exception of Joe M who seems to be an out and out Sam/Jack shipper).
              I don't usually go by what happens in interviews.

Having said that, there's a few reasons I love Joe Mallozzi, and that's one of them!
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                Hey, did anyone comment that it's "Pi" day? 3.14?

I'll bet Jack would find that reason enough to send flowers.

RE: DM's vid...linky?
                Like it's been said, pie at 1:59 for a late lunch or something.
                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

*pops in*

Hi guys! Long time no see!
                  These days, when thinking about movie three, I couldn't shake from my mind the image of sam and jack sitting side by side on long chairs in the garden taking the sun... then duty calls.
                  Is it serious, doctor?

Oh, I read from Joe Malozzi's blog some stuff that could give hope about movie 3... but i bet you're all already aware. Still, it's nice!

*pops out*

Comment

Originally posted by never_on_earth View Post
                    *pops in*

Oh, I read from Joe Malozzi's blog some stuff that could give hope about movie 3... but i bet you're all already aware. Still, it's nice!

*pops out*
                    Yes, we all know, but the news is so good I don't mind anyone to keep reminding me
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
                      Yes, we all know, but the news is so good I don't mind anyone to keep reminding me

same here

Congrats on 1,000, kusanagi!
                      "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                      "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

My favorite ep for a milestone

sigpic

Comment

And the kiss

sigpic

Comment

And the kiss again

sigpic

Comment

Congrats K! And thanks for the kiss images. Delish!
                              sigpic
                              My Stories: FFdotNet
                              My Stories AO3
                              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                                Congrats K! And thanks for the kiss images. Delish!
                                Thanks gives my thrills!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X