Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
    And I'll repeat a question I posed last night that has gone unanswered in all the wonderful discussion that has been taking place here.

Does anyone else see a lot of blank space at the top of each post...like everyone was making several returns before they started typing?

I've been seeing this for 2-3 days...and I just want to know if it's me or GW.
    ohhh totally thought it was just my computer! yes im getting those too
    sigpic
    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
      ohhh totally thought it was just my computer! yes im getting those too
      Thank goodness! I thought it was mine.

Anyone else?

And....

+ =

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
      Yes. I have the same problem. I miss a lot of discussions.

Well. I miss a lot of everything

But I do always find myself coming back
      Hurrah for coming back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        Yes to everything you said except for the bit here. Because it's not reallly *Jack* talking but Sam's perception/subconscious portrayal of him. The conversation immediately preceding this is:

Spoiler:
        CARTER
        Came to give me a pep talk?
        O'NEILL
        It's what friends are for.
        CARTER
        Friends.
        O'NEILL
        Hey, this is you talking here. Might as well be honest.
        CARTER
        What if I quit the air force? Would that change anything or is it just an excuse?
        O'NEILL
        I would never ask you to give up your career.
        CARTER
        Because you don't feel anything for me?
        O'NEILL
        Carter?
        CARTER
        I'd let you go right now if I knew.
        O'NEILL
        That easy?
        CARTER
        I didn't say it would be easy.
        O'NEILL
        Then what's stopping you? If you really want to know.
        CARTER
        I'm trying.
        I think the point of this conversation is that it's the first real open acknowledgement that Sam isn't avoiding getting together with Jack because of the regulations - if she was certain he really loved her, she would quite the Air Force. The next question, "Because you don't feel anything for me?" I think gets closer to the heart of the matter - she is afraid he no longer loves her (which is part of the evidence I go by in believing, by this point, Sam really doesn't know that he still loves her). And then he asks her why she hasn't just asked him (which I assume, based on the last question, means ask him if he still loves her) so that she can find out and move on if he doesn't.

I think, then, his statement about not being that complex is *Sam's* perception of Jack's being not that complex - or, more accurately, her *fear* that he isn't complex. That what she's seen on the surface most of the time for the last three years - professional detachment and friendship - is all he feels about her. Because, you see, maybe he's not that complex and there aren't hidden levels.

Which *we* know isn't true, of course. But we've seen things Sam hasn't seen. So, in that statement, I think we really get to the heart of Sam's fear - that 'what she sees is what she gets' and Jack sees her simply as a friend and comrade now. That he no longer cares 'more than he's supposed to'. And I think the next bit of the conversation, about Sam being afraid of losing everyone she loves, gets to the heart of why she's unwilling to take a chance and find out if 'they' can work - she loves him, and, at this point in time, is unwilling to risk the relationship they do have for the full loving relationship they might have.

And that's why the kiss is so brilliant, because we have this very cerebral psychologically deep conversation going on.... And then see that, ultimately, beyond all the complexities and arguments is the simple truth that she is in love - and deeply in lust - with this man.

Which is, of course, the truth that bites them all in the proverbial buttocks in Threads when she realizes she can't settle for other than Jack and be happy and complete. Only by then the tension and stress has almost destroyed the relationship they did have and they both have relatively little left to lose.
        excellent!

i made some statement further down the line, and you just basically answered what i was asking myself.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations, majorsal, on 15,700 posts!!!

Congratulations, suse, on 4,700 posts!!!

Congratulations, Keaira Taegan, on 3,700 posts!!!

Congratulations, kusanagi, on 800 posts!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
            And I'll repeat a question I posed last night that has gone unanswered in all the wonderful discussion that has been taking place here.

Does anyone else see a lot of blank space at the top of each post...like everyone was making several returns before they started typing?

I've been seeing this for 2-3 days...and I just want to know if it's me or GW.
            I've gotten that on one or two other websites. There's a little button at the very top of my screen (on Internet Explorer; not on GW) that looks like a torn page (called "compatibility view"), and when I click that button, it apparently refreshes the page and takes out all those blank spaces. I don't know if it will work here, but it's a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              I've gotten that on one or two other websites. There's a little button at the very top of my screen (on Internet Explorer; not on GW) that looks like a torn page (called "compatibility view"), and when I click that button, it apparently refreshes the page and takes out all those blank spaces. I don't know if it will work here, but it's a possibility.
              you. are an internet genius aka it worked

uhh and

always...
              sigpic
              thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                you. are an internet genius aka it worked

uhh and

always...
                Awwwww ... .... thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                  I forgot DK did this ep!
                  Actually, PdL both wrote and directed Death Knell. She meant DK as in Death Knell not Damian Kindler (though I always think Damian Kindler when I see DK, too)

Though I'd argue it's as important to appreciate and utilize the genus of others as to have it in yourself.

(Yes, I admit to doing a happy dance when I saw who was directing Haunted. And. Yes. I always pay attention to who wrote and directed each episode. Doesn't everyone? )

Comment

Ooops. Oh well.

When PdL controls his inner 10 year old he does amazing stuff.

Just read your recent post-Thread fic. Nice.
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

here goes the directors in order that i think do great work.

Martin Wood
                      Peter DeLuise
                      Andy Mikita
                      Will Waring

Comment

here goes the directors in order that i think do great work.

Martin Wood
                        Peter DeLuise
                        Andy Mikita
                        Will Waring
                        Agreed. I think that SG-1 had a great group of people working on it.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories: FFdotNet
                        My Stories AO3
                        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                          Actually, PdL both wrote and directed Death Knell. She meant DK as in Death Knell not Damian Kindler (though I always think Damian Kindler when I see DK, too)
                          Yep, that's what I meant. And after watching shippy vids and clips tonight, I'd like to take this opportunity to declare my undying love for this couple. I mean....*sigh* There are scenes that still give me shippy butterflies in my stomach...the fluffy ones, you know. And also angsty knots...those oh so angsty moments! Not to mention the two beautiful people who play this couple. Sometimes my shipping gets distracted by my thunking...*drools over RDA and is insanely jealous of AT's beauty* Yep, I love this couple!

Comment

Yep, that's what I meant. And after watching shippy vids and clips tonight, I'd like to take this opportunity to declare my undying love for this couple. I mean....*sigh* There are scenes that still give me shippy butterflies in my stomach...the fluffy ones, you know. And also angsty knots...those oh so angsty moments! Not to mention the two beautiful people who play this couple. Sometimes my shipping gets distracted by my thunking...*drools over RDA and is insanely jealous of AT's beauty* Yep, I love this couple!
                            Agreed! And I have to say concerning my own post earlier that I clicked onto a thread where they didn't believe Carter and O'Neill were together. I'm willing to admit that it's possible to think this--but when the people there said that whenever Jack looked at Sam he looked constipated, I was in shock. . .I've heard of people misreading other people--but how can you see the looks they give each other and not see anything more than friendship? And constipation?????

I know we're not supposed to bash--and I'm trying not to. But constipation???? I'm saying if that's being "stopped up", I'm going to start eating more cheese!!
                            sigpic
                            My Stories: FFdotNet
                            My Stories AO3
                            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                              Agreed! And I have to say concerning my own post earlier that I clicked onto a thread where they didn't believe Carter and O'Neill were together. I'm willing to admit that it's possible to think this--but when the people there said that whenever Jack looked at Sam he looked constipated, I was in shock. . .I've heard of people misreading other people--but how can you see the looks they give each other and not see anything more than friendship? And constipation?????

I know we're not supposed to bash--and I'm trying not to. But constipation???? I'm saying if that's being "stopped up", I'm going to start eating more cheese!!
                              I love cheese! In all seriousness, though, all I see is love. Geez, if someone looked at me the way Jack looks at Sam(*melts into puddle of goo*), I might have to change my mind about being a cat lady!

Comment

So...
                                (sigh) Yes.
                                Yes, what?
                                Yes, Sir. I agree. It is a big one.
                                Sweet.
                                Very mature, Colonel.

And...OT:
                                Spoiler:
                                I've posted my eReader for sale, details in the Shipper Lounge.
                                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Working...
                                X