Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
    Sam and Computers:

I'll bet she even has it customized. Like an Stargate cursor that rotates instead of an hourglass.

Dang I wish that existed.
    Oooh. My brother made me a gavel cursor that bangs up and down when I started law school. Maybe I can get him to design me a Stargate one. Yep. Going to have to call my bro.!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      Well, she did write romances.

But her publisher definitely is! (And which one are you reading?)
      Of couse!!
      She created one of the shippiest literary couples ever!! Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth were probably my first ship!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
        Of couse!!
        She created one of the shippiest literary couples ever!! Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth were probably my first ship!
        And it totally helps that Mr. Darcy is just yummy. With a spoon. (But then, I might just be thinking about Colin Firth in the BEST adaptation, the BBC miniseries. . .***droool***)

My first ship was Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe.

And Hedwig--AWESOME link! I'm showing that to hubs to figure out when he gets home. Thanks!
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          S/J and computers
          They both have a laptop for work, and they probably use that one most of the time. Sam updates her every year or so(like in the series) so she has one of the newest/fastest versions. Jack doesn't care that much about it; as long as it works for him. I do think Sam makes sure that his is a good version and she updates it every once in a while.
          Together with that, I also think that they have a home computer for leisure....perhaps they also have one of those notebooks for when they are at the cabin and don't want to see something that has to do with work, but on which they can put pictures or play a simple game on.
          Ohhh...and they probably also have a big TV with a playstation 3 and Wii
          Sam will have the latest computer, Jack will have the latest hand-held. I can just see him with a Sony PSP in an inside pocket on his uniform. And the Nintendo DS in the drawer in his office with the yo-yos and silly string!

OT: Friend of mine has Wii and we played Indiana Jones LEGO... SO CUTE!!!!

Also cute...

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            What do you mean "again"??? I thought that's where you lived; where you're mailing address is; where you eat, sleep, and anything else that happens in your life! The place that you never, ever leave!
            Shhhhh!!! Don't tell anyone!!!

*giggles*

Jan, np If you need more... shout
            sigpic
            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

And it totally helps that Mr. Darcy is just yummy. With a spoon. (But then, I might just be thinking about Colin Firth in the BEST adaptation, the BBC miniseries. . .***droool***)

And Hedwig--AWESOME link! I'm showing that to hubs to figure out when he gets home. Thanks!
              Totally agree! He is the BEST Mr. Darcy, ever! Oh, Colin Firth...I love you.

And to be OT:

+ =

Comment

YAY!! Colin Firth is the best Darcy EVER!! And... I don't know Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe... care to enlighten?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                  YAY!! Colin Firth is the best Darcy EVER!! And... I don't know Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe... care to enlighten?
                  Anne of Green Gables. Awesome miniseries. And Gilbert was too cute. WAY too cute. he played a murderer on a Law and Order SVU episode later on, and it totally creeped me out. Gilbert's no killer!
                  sigpic
                  My Stories AO3

Comment

:: looks around nervously ::

Oh no. It's happened. The Pride and Prejudice love.

I have a confession.

It bored me to tears. I prefer Jane Eyre.

Or Pride and Prejudice and ZOMBIES

Zombies made it better.

Comment

I have a confession.

Zombies made it better.
                      I like Jane Eyre, too. Or "Rebecca". Or my all-time favorites, "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" and "Jacob Have I Loved."

Speaking of--wouldn't that make a cute fic? The team at Book Club? I'm giggling already. . .

(And BTW, I really enjoyed the Zombies--have you read Sense and Sensibilities and Sea Monsters?)
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

I like Jane Eyre, too. Or "Rebecca". Or my all-time favorites, "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" and "Jacob Have I Loved."

Speaking of--wouldn't that make a cute fic? The team at Book Club? I'm giggling already. . .

(And BTW, I really enjoyed the Zombies--have you read Sense and Sensibilities and Sea Monsters?)
                        I haven't read the Sea Monsters. Rebecca was very good although I thought the sequel written much much later (by a different author) wasn't nearly so good.

The team at book club...

Teal'c would be sci-fi. Daniel would shock everyone with a romance novel. Sam would sheepishly be reading (to my chagrin) Pride and Prejudice. Jack would pull out a Batman graphic novel.

But at home by his bed would be Catch-22.

Comment

I haven't read the Sea Monsters. Rebecca was very good although I thought the sequel written much much later (by a different author) wasn't nearly so good.

The team at book club...

Teal'c would be sci-fi. Daniel would shock everyone with a romance novel. Sam would sheepishly be reading (to my chagrin) Pride and Prejudice. Jack would pull out a Batman graphic novel.

But at home by his bed would be Catch-22.
                          I think Daniel would like something like National Treasure or DaVinci Code, so he can point out all the improbabilities. Sam would probably want to read something non-fiction. Jack... Stephen King? The Shining... Tealc likes to watch Sci-fi... but maybe he'll read the classics... Little Women

Comment

I have a confession.

Zombies made it better.
                            P & P & Zombies was a fun diversion. Right now I am watching a BBC series called Lost in Austen, about a modern day girl who finds herself transported into her favorite novel. Anyway... back on-topic...
                            + =

Comment

I posited the theory once that she toyed around with her iPod and enhanced the battery with Naquadah so that she only has to charge it once a decade or so. I can just see her doing that. And I think that she would give him some sort of techno thing--and then she'd take it over when it was obvious that he wasn't going to do anything with it.

In the words of Teal'c,
                              But that was only after Jack got her that bowling ball with "Homer" etched in it for her birthday.

Comment

Ahhh...Jane Austen...I actually never read her books...I have seen the movies made from the books...just never got around buying/reading them.

I do see Sam reading a book like that...I don't see Jack reading that book...or a book in general...but then again, if I recall it correctly, I was also surprised at him liking opera music....so perhaps he does read....perhaps...
                                Or not really seeing as he also doesn't read his memo's...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X