• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    *sob* Continuum!

Cags I love that vid! *sobs some more*

I made a wp of that a while ago...

*shameless self promotion*

Oh and Continuum rocks btw! That opening scene *happy sigh*
    Fortunately, everything came back to normal, and Sam didn't have to leave it all behind

Great wp, btw
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      <snip>
      And...huh. If Sam is saying what she is (it's the Goa'uld trying to fool us. We've seen it before), doesn't that put paid the whole Sam/Jolinar thing? Sam just said it was Jolinar?

Oh crap, I have tossed fuel on those embers, haven't I?
      Nope. She said they'd seen the Goa'uld fake it before; not the Tok'ra. Perhaps she was referring to the whole Tanith debacle or Osiris (as he pretends to be Sarah for a while).

If anything as she's talking about the Goa'uld faking it and not the Tok'ra, it makes it more likely that Jolinar actually didn't fake it.

*lights match, throws on fuel, steps back*

In honor of Continuum, I'll repost my two Continuum-related fics:

One Year

And it's sequel: Approaching Normal

Life, Now and Again

Anyone else want to share Continuum fic?
      Wow. How did I miss these? Hmmm. If only I didn't have essays to write, a writing assignment to submit by a deadline and relatives about to invade the house...

My one lonely Continuum fic Five Minutes

And annerb's which is superb. The Still Point

EDIT: Oh, and fabulous, fabulous vids Cags and XFChemist!
      Last edited by Rachel500; 10 March 2010, 03:06 AM.
      sigpic
      Women of the Gate LJ Community.
      My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

OT students:
        Spoiler:
        I was reading a news on a journal and my mind thought immediately to Starlover (I have nothing against you, but I thought to you cos you said that you and the other students of your class use always a pc during the lessons). Watch here:

http://business-news.thestreet.com/l...ses-laptop-in/
        sigpic
        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
          OT students:
          Spoiler:
          I was reading a news on a journal and my mind thought immediately to Starlover (I have nothing against you, but I thought to you cos you said that you and the other students of your class use always a pc during the lessons). Watch here:

OT
          Spoiler:
          That's....that's...crazy...in here the students would just not attend his class anymore! Atm around 15 people in here are "working" on their laptops!

and nothing against me...riiiiiiiiiiight! you just wanna kill my laptop! *sob*

*huggles it*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
            OT students:
            Spoiler:

Spoiler:
            I can't believe he actually did it!! Maybe he could have asked first

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

OT
              Spoiler:
              That's....that's...crazy...in here the students would just not attend his class anymore! Atm around 15 people in here are "working" on their laptops!

and nothing against me...riiiiiiiiiiight! you just wanna kill my laptop! *sob*

*huggles it*
              Spoiler:
              that laptop didn't work btw. But the point is that he thinks that it's better to use the old pen and paper, instead of a pc cos the students are too distract with other things instead of listen to the lesson.
              sigpic
              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
                Spoiler:
                I can't believe he actually did it!! Maybe he could have asked first

Spoiler:
                I would have sued him!

What would happen if Jack would take Sam's laptop away from her during an important project?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
                  Holy cow... I'm gone for a day and there's like 3 pages to read!

This is actually my one of favorite action sequences with Jack. Its ridiculously hot to watch him shoot that gun *wonders if that sounded as bad to others as it did to me* I think Sam would have definitly been a little woozy after watching that!
                  Am I the only one here who finds the sight of Jack (or anyone) shooting a gun does nothing for her? Though, tbh, I have the same reaction to guys in uniform. Now, seeing a guy in civies you normally see in uniform, especially if he's also in civie smells (aftershave/etc) can make ya swoon...

*sigh*

It may be a question of "The grass is always greener..." Though the best pic I have of hubs (cause he despises having his picture taken) he's both in uniform and holding a Very Big gun, which I always tease him about

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                    What are the five top (i.e. hottest) "looks" exchanged between Carter and O'Neill?
                    My absolute *favorite* Sam/Jack looks are the ones they exchange at the end of Threads in the conference room. They're just so... distracted... by each other. Every time one of them happens to glance at the other they just sort of end up staring with a silly grin on their face.

One of these days I'm gonna make a gif of that scene. "This man" (arrow) "is thinking about seeing this woman" (arrow) "naked.... And the rest of the galaxy can go rot."

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                      My absolute *favorite* Sam/Jack looks are the ones they exchange at the end of Threads in the conference room. They're just so... distracted... by each other. Every time one of them happens to glance at the other they just sort of end up staring with a silly grin on their face.

One of these days I'm gonna make a gif of that scene. "This man" (arrow) "is thinking about seeing this woman" (arrow) "naked.... And the rest of the galaxy can go rot."

THat is one of my favorite looks too! haha i really hope you get to make that gif soon bc that is absolutely perfect
                      sigpic
                      thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                        I agree with all that you have here EXCEPT #2 - The Other Side. The look shared is almost scary. It's as if he looks at her and thinks "Now, here's a real test. Will/Can you love me in spite of my dark side?" [chills] And her look, I wonder if she's contemplating just who she's fallen for.
                        I agree. It's more about her getting a glimpse into his true nature and accepting him anyway than anything else.

Comment

I just think this is a nice callback to the Sam/Jolinar debate with regard to calling out to Jack. (Not trying to throw fuel on those embers, honest).
                          *cough*

Uhm... yeah. Because Sam immediately assumes it's a fake and not really the host but a trick. She doesn't even entertain the idea it might really be the host.

Not to throw fuel on the fire, of course Though IMHO that is the final proof

Comment

Am I the only one here who finds the sight of Jack (or anyone) shooting a gun does nothing for her? Though, tbh, I have the same reaction to guys in uniform. Now, seeing a guy in civies you normally see in uniform, especially if he's also in civie smells (aftershave/etc) can make ya swoon...
                            I don't know. . .I've gone shooting with my husband plenty of times, and one day he just opened up and let 'er rip with this big Russian rifle he loves, and it was pretty hot. I'm thinking there may be moments for both of them. . .
                            sigpic
                            My Stories: FFdotNet
                            My Stories AO3
                            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                              Haha. When Sam's talking to Alternate Jack and says how 'among other things' she's not an astronaut in her timeline...I love the beat of silence and the looks, especially from Daniel. Gee, I wonder what 'other things' she could be thinking of.
                              I also love how Daniel jumps in to take over from Sam when she falters during that exchange. ((Daniel))

Comment

Anyone else want to share Continuum fic?
                                Would you believe I haven't written any?

Yeah.

Didn't think so.

How Far We've Come (a smaller tag) and Once Upon a Time which is a longer fic written around the events of Continuum. Both (to my surprise, actually) still manage to remain uncontradicted by canon. Which never ceases to amaze me.

And by coincidence, my WMP randomized playlist is playing Continuum right now as I'm catching up with the Thread.

OT guns:
                                Spoiler:
                                Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                                I don't know. . .I've gone shooting with my husband plenty of times, and one day he just opened up and let 'er rip with this big Russian rifle he loves, and it was pretty hot. I'm thinking there may be moments for both of them. . .
                                It may have to do with quantity. My kids once referred to Ronon as "That guy with as many weapons as Daddy..." You can take the Weapons Sergeant off of the ATeam, but you can't take the weapons. Trust me. I've tried.
                                Last edited by JenniferJF; 10 March 2010, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X