Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    I have a feeling, though, that we'd still find some reason not to be satisfied with whatever is written/performed/portrayed. Because we all are human with differing senses of "perfect" and we'd want them to have done "XYZ" instead of "ABC". So the crashing might not be a happy crashing.

I have the feeling that they think that they HAVE already confirmed it. So expecting something overt and fluffy/guttery might not be realistic.

**Dodges tomatoes**
    Well...we have discussed this over the years, and I think to some degree, you are correct. Some people want to see them in a home setting. Some people want to see them get married. Some people want to see them with children. These are things I don't think we can realistically hope to receive.

However, I, for one, have decided that if I can see the exchange of one big, honkin' kiss "our Sam and Jack, non-AU, non-alien-induced, real"...that will be enough to confirm for me what I have felt since the end of S8...that they are together. And that will be enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      So...in honor of the Olympics, I just couldn't resist...

Sam and Jack pairs skate
      LOL! How fabulous!!! Thanks, Pol!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        just as an example for tptb to know what sort of kiss i want in the hotness factor...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...1151013744.gif
        Spoiler:
        YEEEESSSSSS!!!

i guess you could say that kiss is my fave?
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
          Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what exactly is a "manip" cause I have no frelling idea! thanks
          a manip is a manipulated photo.

it can be something simple like putting a santa hat on a character, to cutting them out and putting them in a whole new scene. the 'dark side' can be head swapping or the adding/removing of limbs, etc
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
            Well...we have discussed this over the years, and I think to some degree, you are correct. Some people want to see them in a home setting. Some people want to see them get married. Some people want to see them with children. These are things I don't think we can realistically hope to receive.

However, I, for one, have decided that if I can see the exchange of one big, honkin' kiss "our Sam and Jack, non-AU, non-alien-induced, real"...that will be enough to confirm for me what I have felt since the end of S8...that they are together. And that will be enough for me.

i have my fantasies, but the main thing i want is to be shown they're IN a relationship. i can't think of a better way to do this than with a huge and honkin' KISS!!

sally

sigpic

Comment

oh, i forgot to rec a fic!

last night, i read a fic called 'bonus', by venom69. it's *very* adult/gutter, but if you like this stuff, you'll LOVE this!

i'm just going to post/link the page with all her fics (she's a good writer, they're all good), but the one i read last night needs a shout out.

http://sjalways-forever.jackandsamfo...user.php?uid=5
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
                Just watched some youtube vids from Comicon '08 and it was soooo funny. RDA is so clueless about how famous he is! And he totally can't remember stuff about the show. I love it cause it shows how humble he is about his celebrity status.... he just thinks hes a normal guy.

And Amanda was sooo cute.. she kept hugging him, or putting her head on his shoulder and whispering to him. CUTE !!!!
                IMHO, I think RDA is shocked that at 60, and with as little as he has been working in recent years, that people still care. Hollywood is so youth-driven, and he had his day as the hottest guy in show business. I think he thought he could just retire quietly four years ago...and then he found out how much the fans still wanted to see him.

And luckily, his good friend, Amanda (who has done many cons and has always enjoyed interacting with fans), walked him through his first con experience (Avalon, in 2006). And he had a good time, so he has happily done more cons!

They're both adorable!

Thank you, Amanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  a manip is a manipulated photo.

it can be something simple like putting a santa hat on a character, to cutting them out and putting them in a whole new scene. the 'dark side' can be head swapping or the adding/removing of limbs, etc
                  Oh, my! I would never want to dismember them!!! I love them too much!

EDIT: Did everyone go to watch figure skating? Or was it something I said?
                  Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 25 February 2010, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                    Oh, my! I would never want to dismember them!!! I love them too much!

EDIT: Did everyone go to watch figure skating? Or was it something I said?
                    probably something you said...

Comment

IMHO, I think RDA is shocked that at 60, and with as little as he has been working in recent years, that people still care. Hollywood is so youth-driven, and he had his day as the hottest guy in show business. I think he thought he could just retire quietly four years ago...and then he found out how much the fans still wanted to see him.

And luckily, his good friend, Amanda (who has done many cons and has always enjoyed interacting with fans), walked him through his first con experience (Avalon, in 2006). And he had a good time, so he has happily done more cons!

They're both adorable!

Thank you, Amanda.
                      And i still think that he's just FINE. I know that I'm not a spring chicken--but darn, that's a handsome guy. Even with a little "more" to him. I can see why the fans would still flock to see him.

He's (heh heh) just that flockin' cute.
                      sigpic
                      My Stories: FFdotNet
                      My Stories AO3
                      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                        And i still think that he's just FINE. I know that I'm not a spring chicken--but darn, that's a handsome guy. Even with a little "more" to him. I can see why the fans would still flock to see him.

He's (heh heh) just that flockin' cute.
                        And he is even more handsome in person.

Comment

he's so NORMAL in person
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

And he is even more handsome in person.
                            he's so NORMAL in person
                            Okay, now you're making me jealous. Good thing my husband's cute.
                            sigpic
                            My Stories: FFdotNet
                            My Stories AO3
                            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Congratulations, Skydiver, on 38,300 posts!!!

Congratulations, starlover, on 18,900 posts!!!

Congratulations, JenniferJF, on 6,900 posts!!!

Congratulations, Bekki, on 3,600 posts!!!

Welcome, Erin_emm!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                he's so NORMAL in person
                                * Iz jealous of Sky's quality observation time in the photo room at Gatecon *

And so very funny!

He kept us in stitches for three days!

To stay on topic, he makes her laugh too:

Comment

Working...
                                X