Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

Ooops! Actually I did mean their parents. If the children are old enough to be on an SG team, then their parents would have to be in their 60's or 70's.

(*walks away mumbling ... don't know what I was thinking*)
    No problem.

I think Sam and Jack would more likely be in their 70s....would make for interesting dinner table conversations though.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      No problem.

I think Sam and Jack would more likely be in their 70s....would make for interesting dinner table conversations though.
      Well, Sam might be in her 70's, but Jack would be at least ten years older than her, making him in his 80's. But I don't think he'd look anything like he did in "Brief Candle". I think he'd age much more gracefully than that.

Now that I think of it, they'd likely look something like they did in "Unending".
      Last edited by hedwig; 29 April 2011, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Well, Sam might be in her 70's, but Jack would be at least ten years older than her, making him in his 80's. But I don't think he'd look anything like he did in "Bright Candle". I think he'd age much more gracefully than that.

Now that I think of it, they'd likely look something like they did in "Unending".
        there's about 16 years between jack and sam. and the episode was Brief Candle not Bright candle but good guess.

Rick was born in 1950 (making him 61) / Jack was born in 1952 (making him 59)
        Amanda was born in '65 (she will be turning 46 this august) / Sam was born in '68 (making her 43)

so as you can see the difference in age group is almost the same. i wonder if the writers did that on purpose or it's just a coincidence.

Comment

regarding Jack and Sam's kid as SG-1 Leader, be funny if Daniel's Kid, joined the program as well and joined SG-1 as well. Can't have O'Neill without a Jackson to pester.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            there's about 16 years between jack and sam. and the episode was Brief Candle not Bright candle but good guess.

Rick was born in 1950 (making him 61) / Jack was born in 1952 (making him 59)
            Amanda was born in '65 (she will be turning 46 this august) / Sam was born in '68 (making her 43)

so as you can see the difference in age group is almost the same. i wonder if the writers did that on purpose or it's just a coincidence.
            Yes, I know about the age difference. I was in a hurry when I typed that, otherwise no excuse for mistakes.

And it wasn't a guess. I did mean Brief Candle, but again was in a hurry when I typed that.

We'll never know what O'Neill's real age is, though, because in Brief Candle he specifically said he was 40. However, his AF ID card says he was born in 1952. Did he tell those people his age before or after he ate that cake?

Comment

Yes, I know about the age difference. I was in a hurry when I typed that, otherwise no excuse for mistakes.

And it wasn't a guess. I did mean Brief Candle, but again was in a hurry when I typed that.
              hey we all make mistakes when we're in a rush so we're not going to throw tomatoes at you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                hey we all make mistakes when we're in a rush so we're not going to throw tomatoes at you.
                Oh, thank goodness. I was afraid I might have to get out a bucket and mop to clean up the mess from the tomatoes. Or, if your aim was good, I could catch them in a bowl and make spaghetti sauce from them.

Comment

We'll never know what O'Neill's real age is, though, because in Brief Candle he specifically said he was 40. However, his AF ID card says he was born in 1952. Did he tell those people his age before or after he ate that cake?
                  i think he was just stating in general that he was 40. but i'm taking the ID Card as Canon.

Comment

On Joe Mallozzi's blog tonight, he offered some insight as to why the ship never had a firm confirmation/resolution. Not sure if it should be spoilered or not, but I'll do it just in case.

Spoiler:
                    StellaByStargate writes: “A question for later, relative to the ship. You noted that in your opinion it ended in a way that was unsatisfactory to everyone. (Agreed) Could you share a bit about why? […] I’m curious where the resistance came from, once the whole matter of the regs were out of the way? Was it MGM? SyFy? The lady on the park bench outside of Bridge?”

Answer: It was an internal creative decision. I think Brad and Rob simply felt that if we did resolve the ship, where would we go from there? Hard to disagree while O’Neill was a regular, but I thought it was a shame that we never offered closure even after the show had ended.

I wish Joe had won the debate *sigh*
                    *hugs to Joe for fighting the good fight*

Comment

Can anybody help me? I need pics of Daniels office and to be honest I'm a bit too lazy to research. In which episodes can we see it (besides WoO)?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
                        Can anybody help me? I need pics of Daniels office and to be honest I'm a bit too lazy to research. In which episodes can we see it (besides WoO)?
                        The Fifth Race (maybe)
                        Serpent's Song (also maybe)
                        Legacy
                        Forever in a Day
                        The Devil You Know (in the scene where he's been forced to drink the blood of Sokar)
                        Window of Opportunity
                        Maternal Instinct (maybe)
                        The Curse
                        Chimera (maybe)
                        Heroes
                        Lost City
                        Moebius (p.1) - when stuff from Katherine's estate is delivered
                        Avalon (he's packing to go to Atlantis)
                        Arthur's Mantle

Those are ones I'm pretty sure there are scenes in his office.

Comment

The Fifth Race (maybe)
                          Serpent's Song (also maybe)
                          Legacy
                          Forever in a Day
                          The Devil You Know (in the scene where he's been forced to drink the blood of Sokar)
                          Window of Opportunity
                          Maternal Instinct (maybe)
                          The Curse
                          Chimera (maybe)
                          Heroes
                          Lost City
                          Moebius (p.1) - when stuff from Katherine's estate is delivered
                          Avalon (he's packing to go to Atlantis)
                          Arthur's Mantle

Those are ones I'm pretty sure there are scenes in his office.
                          You are the best, thanks!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
                            You are the best, thanks!
                            Well, not that I'm admitting anything, mind you ... but I kinda cheated. There's this nifty little booklet that came with my DVD set, and I skimmed through it, looking at the episodes, and picked out the ones I'm pretty sure a scene like you want is in. (Wow, that was a horrid sentence. Jack would be appalled.)

Comment

Well, not that I'm admitting anything, mind you ... but I kinda cheated. There's this nifty little booklet that came with my DVD set, and I skimmed through it, looking at the episodes, and picked out the ones I'm pretty sure a scene like you want is in. (Wow, that was a horrid sentence. Jack would be appalled.)
                              But that's not cheated! And wow, there is no such thing as a booklet with my DVDs... . Just the DVDs and pretty much nothing else.
                              Haha, Jack and his love for grammar is really rubbing off. I'll never forget to use whom when appropriate.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
                                On Joe Mallozzi's blog tonight, he offered some insight as to why the ship never had a firm confirmation/resolution. Not sure if it should be spoilered or not, but I'll do it just in case.

Spoiler:
                                StellaByStargate writes: “A question for later, relative to the ship. You noted that in your opinion it ended in a way that was unsatisfactory to everyone. (Agreed) Could you share a bit about why? […] I’m curious where the resistance came from, once the whole matter of the regs were out of the way? Was it MGM? SyFy? The lady on the park bench outside of Bridge?”

Answer: It was an internal creative decision. I think Brad and Rob simply felt that if we did resolve the ship, where would we go from there? Hard to disagree while O’Neill was a regular, but I thought it was a shame that we never offered closure even after the show had ended.

I wish Joe had won the debate *sigh*
                                *hugs to Joe for fighting the good fight*

makes you wonder if it was even going to be in the 3rd sg1 movie!

i've spent YEARS following and loving this storyline, and now we're getting nothing. to say i'm upset is an understatement.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X