Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of arm wrestling:

http://sjalways-forever.jackandsamfo...r.php?uid=1239

This is a link to the author's page. I'm not sure if "Arm Wrestling" is one of those "no direct link to story" fics, but just in case it is, just scroll to the story. It's cute.

Comment

But I TOTALLY agree with the making babies comment.

Except that they blew up the O'Neill. . .
      No...

Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
      Replace *they* with *Sam* and drop the *the*...

somewhere, although in my sleep deprived, addlepated mind I can't bring it up, but SOMEWHERE there's a joke about O'Neill's ship and a space dock.

Spoiler:
      And one hand, I keep thinking--she destroyed **the** O'Neill, but on the other hand she only made **the** O'Neill explode. . .So--six of one yada yada yada?
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Something like this, Aka?
        Spoiler:
        Red alert! O'Neill's exploding in Carter's dock! And such a shame, since O'Neill had only just come out of dry dock...

That's not what I came here to say, tho, honestly. For posterity, or hilarity, I went and added my Lullaby for Small Victories to ffnet. Slightly edited from what I posted yesterday... Enjoy!
        Last edited by BrenRen; 22 February 2010, 12:05 PM. Reason: took out *the*, put in *'s*
        Love and hot fudge,
        Bren Ren
        ~
        My stories!
        ~

sigpic

Comment

Something like this, Aka?
          Spoiler:
          Spoiler:
          Red alert! O'Neill's exploding in the Carter dock! And such a shame, since O'Neill had only just come out of dry dock...
          No, more like:

Spoiler:
          She can't take much more, Captain! She's goin' to blow! **imagine Scottish accent**

or even:

Spoiler:
          "Open the Podbay doors, Captain."
          sigpic
          My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
            No, more like:

Spoiler:
            She can't take much more, Captain! She's goin' to blow! **imagine Scottish accent**

or even:

Spoiler:
            "Open the Podbay doors, Captain."

But *she* isn't the one about to blow...

And she was a *Major*...

And... well, see my edited spoiler...
            Love and hot fudge,
            Bren Ren
            ~
            My stories!
            ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Speaking of arm wrestling:

http://sjalways-forever.jackandsamfo...r.php?uid=1239

This is a link to the author's page. I'm not sure if "Arm Wrestling" is one of those "no direct link to story" fics, but just in case it is, just scroll to the story. It's cute.
              I read it this morning and thought it was hilarious

Comment

Is it wrong to be LMAO at these most undecent jokes?
                I guess the broccoli is getting to me
                "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Video project update
                  Spoiler:
                  Until now, people involved are:
                  (From GW)
                  - Devilish Me
                  - es
                  - Lara_SGC
                  - Cagranosalis
                  - Starlover
                  - gater62
                  - Torzy86
                  - BrenRen
                  - dipsofjazz
                  (Not GW)
                  - akachan
                  - Ellana-san

Stay tuned
                  sigpic
                  My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                    But you're gonna PM me links to them, right?
                    *puts hand up*

And to me too...I wuuuuuuuuuuuuv gutter stories! The deeper they....errr

nevermind

*runs out since she is on someone else's computer*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lara_SGC View Post
                      What? I'm waiting for Jenn to appear. (((Jenn)))

I think - anyone else shocked - that it was in his momentum to get them up.

No, seriously, I do think it's in his momentum of pulling them to a standing position that he pushes down to push up.
                      *sigh*

Yeah.

I think he was getting braced to pull them both up. Because I absolutely can not believe Jack would have been - at that point in time and under those circumstances - kissing her neck *and* because, in full speed, that's what it looks like to me

But you know, I don't find that scene particularly... anything.

It just sort of mocks my pain.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                        OT Hockey

Spoiler:
                        The US/ Canada game was SO exciting last night!
                        *sigh* OT:
                        Spoiler:
                        After talking about not watching the Olympics, I'm now fairly addicted to Olympic hockey. Which is rough as we've no TV at home. Fortunately, we watched two games at work last night and I watched another while filing (uhm.. putting away medical records) and sitting with the gentleman home with me this afternoon. But...

Yeah...

So the other staff is totally laughing at Jennifer who watches football with a confused look on her face cause she finds it a) incomprehensible and b) boring totally getting into hockey. lol

It's hard here, though, not to cause pretty much everyone knows *someone* who at least knows someone else.. who is on one of the US teams

And besides, the fact that her password in "fishing" tells me that she's not above doing something just a little bit smarmy from time to time. But maybe that's just me!
                        Only...

I don't think Sam (and Jack) associate 'fishing' with sex. I think, for Sam personally, it's represented the whole concept of sitting around and doing something completely unproductive just *because*. Which is also, I think, how she sort of viewed her entire personal life in general for years. So I don't think 'fishing' as a password was at all guttery. I actually think she probalby didn't even *have* a personal section on her laptop for years, but does now, and the password is 'fishing' because it represents, in a way, her shifting of priorities so now she realizes relationships and her personal life (all of it and all her relationsihps, not just those related to Jack) really are important and thus, to her, I really think *fishing* represents her entire personal life.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                        ...my personal view is no to the neck nuzzle. It sure looks like it but, having examined the scene up close and in slow motion several times (probably several hundred times including video making times) but I think he's far too much of a gentleman to do so when she's so obviously not in her right frame of mind.
                        Which is... frankly... probably the biggest reason I can't believe it's a kiss. I just can't see the Jack we see on screen - who seems to have enormous self-control in that respect - giving in and doing that to a subordinate officer he'd barely gotten to know who wasn't in her right mind. It doesn't fit with his character at all. IMHO. And if it does, I really wouldn't *like* him as much. But that's just me

EDIT: Going to go try to cut these posts together. MQ doesn't work right atm so I refuse to use it
                        Last edited by JenniferJF; 22 February 2010, 01:13 PM.

Comment

I don't think Sam (and Jack) associate 'fishing' with sex. I think, for Sam personally, it's represented the whole concept of sitting around and doing something completely unproductive just *because*. Which is also, I think, how she sort of viewed her entire personal life in general for years. So I don't think 'fishing' as a password was at all guttery. I actually think she probalby didn't even *have* a personal section on her laptop for years, but does now, and the password is 'fishing' because it represents, in a way, her shifting of priorities so now she realizes relationships and her personal life (all of it and all her relationsihps, not just those related to Jack) really are important and thus, to her, I really think *fishing* represents her entire personal life.
                          But I wasn't alluding to fishing as sex. I was saying initially way way long ago in the thread, that I could see her doodling her married name. "Samantha Carter O'Neill" (and yes, I do believe that she would take his last name--at least on a personal basis, even if she doesn't do it professionally). And someone else said that they couldn't see a grown woman doing something like that--because it's immature, and I said that the password "fishing" shows that she's not above some inanity in her life. Her choosing of that password does show that she's finally figured out her own happiness--and I think that practicing her married name before she's married (or even in the honeymoon stage) shows that she's finally "gotten" it.

So basically, aren't we agreeing?

I don't see her usage of "fishing" AT ALL (or O'Neill's, for that matter) as being guttery. I don't see her as a particularly euphemistic kind of girl.
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

So basically, aren't we agreeing?

I don't see her usage of "fishing" AT ALL (or O'Neill's, for that matter) as being guttery. I don't see her as a particularly euphemistic kind of girl.
                            Yes. We are. I misunderstood your usage of 'smarmy'. And exactly on euphemistic. And you're right, I think her use of 'fishing' also shows she's realized there's joy in the inane.

Comment

Yes. We are. I misunderstood your usage of 'smarmy'. And exactly on euphemistic. And you're right, I think her use of 'fishing' also shows she's realized there's joy in the inane.
                              I just can't see Sam Carter (O'Neill) making a dirty joke. That's why I relate so much better to Jack's character than to hers. (And maybe why I find her difficult to write.)
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

I just can't see Sam Carter (O'Neill) making a dirty joke. That's why I relate so much better to Jack's character than to hers. (And maybe why I find her difficult to write.)
                                I can see her.. but it's a very Late Sam, S10/SGA. I could see McKay saying something with a potential double meaning and her eyes widening as she sees it, then catching Shepherd's eye and biting her lip to suppress the grin which matches the one he's not even trying to hide. Then he calls McKay on it, McKay gets flustered, and Sam walks off laughing.

Uh.

Yeah.

That's it.

EDIT: Because, honestly, I think some of the inability I'd have with her doing it earlier is based on a sort-of discomfort with that aspect of her own nature which I think she's more-or-less overcome by then.

Comment

Working...
                                X