Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
    I've been wanting to do a rewatch ever since Shipmas but then I got COVID and haven't been very functional at all. I'm finally coming out of all of it. I got caught up in thinking about Sam and Jack the other day, remembering having intense conversations here. I browsed around in the thread and really enjoyed going back in time.

I wanted to share this post by JenniferJF.​

I'm pretty sure that I already responded to this post, but I can't find my response. . . Freaking technology. . .

Anyway--I LOVE this list SOOOO much! Thank you for sharing it!

Also, if anyone wants new fic, I've added a chapter to my "Things Owed" series. This one is based on "A Matter of Time". Enjoy!
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

It's too quiet in here! So? I'll put aside my pride and post some shameless self-promotion. . .

Yet another take on The Cabin Fic. Squishy, funny, sweet, angsty. . . a little bit of skin. . .

And it puts something new in this thread. . . I hope you like it.

Fishing Reports
      sigpic
      My Stories AO3

Comment

Sam and Jack in all universes, always!

Comment

Originally posted by coralreef View Post
          Sam and Jack in all universes, always!
          Absolutely!
          sigpic
          My Stories AO3

Comment

Help please. I’ve lost the link to the thread where FanFiction is listed according the each season of Stargate. Can someone help me with this. Thanks so much

Comment

Originally posted by sg1on View Post
              Help please. I’ve lost the link to the thread where FanFiction is listed according the each season of Stargate. Can someone help me with this. Thanks so much
              I wish I could help you! I vaguely remember something like that, but I wouldn't have a clue how to find it. I'm sorry!
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

Maybe this?
                https://forum.gateworld.net/stargate...s-fics?t=86792
                Post No. 2 on page 1 of this thread has all the links. Actually every thread linked there includes also links to all threads.

Comment

Also, there is this tumblr page https://sjficlist.tumblr.com/nav

Comment

Originally posted by bluebari View Post
                    Maybe this?
                    https://forum.gateworld.net/stargate...s-fics?t=86792
                    Post No. 2 on page 1 of this thread has all the links. Actually every thread linked there includes also links to all threads.
                    Yes this is it. Thank you so much. I don’t know why I couldn’t find it. Thanks for the tumblr link also

Comment

I just thought I would let those who handle the Sam/Jack Ship Day and the Shipmas know, as of June 30, Twitter is now only viewable by those with an account, so those of us who are not on Twitter will not be able to see anything posted to Twitter. Maybe a Discord, SubReddit, or even Tumblr could be created for those who usually post on Twitter on those days. Discord and SubReddit could be back-up in case Gateworld is ever down and Tumblr, if not private, and SubReddit can easily be viewed by those without an account or not logged in.

Edit: This might just be a glitch with Twitter, and if it is, then any results from hash tags used for Ship Day, Shipmas or Sam and Jack in general will still only be viewable by those with an account.
                      Last edited by planet_tv; 01 July 2023, 10:09 AM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                        I just thought I would let those who handle the Sam/Jack Ship Day and the Shipmas know, as of June 30, Twitter is now only viewable by those with an account, so those of us who are not on Twitter will not be able to see anything posted to Twitter. Maybe a Discord, SubReddit, or even Tumblr could be created for those who usually post on Twitter on those days. Discord and SubReddit could be back-up in case Gateworld is ever down and Tumblr, if not private, and SubReddit can easily be viewed by those without an account or not logged in.

Edit: This might just be a glitch with Twitter, and if it is, then any results from hash tags used for Ship Day, Shipmas or Sam and Jack in general will still only be viewable by those with an account.
                        I understand your concern, few if any know what is happening at Twitter HQ these days.
                        As you know the shipper holidays originally was here on GW only and the reason we took it to Twitter in 2019 was because so few were interacting in the holiday threads.
                        As has happened the previous years, we search the hashtags/tags on Twitter/AO3/FFnet for shippy works and add links to the holiday thread. If GW is down on the day of the holiday (which has happened a couple of times) the thread is being kept open until at least the masterlist has been updated.
                        It's probably what we can offer at the moment, but I've written to the others about it.

Comment

It's that time of the year again!

Calling artists, vidders, writers and your shippy muses!

We invite you to find inspiration on this list:

1. Fatal Attraction
                          2. “It could work!"
                          3. Mission Impossible
                          4. "Talk to me, Goose.”
                          5. "You had me at hello."
                          6. "You can't handle the truth!"
                          7. "The stuff dreams are made of."
                          8. "This is the start of a beautiful friendship."
                          9. "Mrs Robinson, you're trying to seduce me!"
                          10. "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."
                          11. "Love means never having to say you're sorry."
                          12. "Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine."

Do as many of the prompts as you like. All formats are welcome as long as the content is shippy.

On Ship Day, July 28, post your work on your preferred archive and we’ll make sure to include it on the master list in the Ship Day thread here on GateWorld Forum, if you don't share it there yourself.

Ship Day is the annual celebration on July 28 of the first airing of Divide & Conquer, the episode in which Sam & Jack were forced to admit they had feelings for each other.​

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post

I understand your concern, few if any know what is happening at Twitter HQ these days.
                            As you know the shipper holidays originally was here on GW only and the reason we took it to Twitter in 2019 was because so few were interacting in the holiday threads.
                            As has happened the previous years, we search the hashtags/tags on Twitter/AO3/FFnet for shippy works and add links to the holiday thread. If GW is down on the day of the holiday (which has happened a couple of times) the thread is being kept open until at least the masterlist has been updated.
                            It's probably what we can offer at the moment, but I've written to the others about it.
                            Thanks for the reply. Also, I figured if a back up was Reddit or Discord then it would also be back up for this thread on the days that Gateworld is down, should that happen. As long individual tweets, an example a direct link to a tweet, is still viewable by those not Twitter, as well as just going to someone's Twitter, then it's all good. I made a whole post here about what's happened to Twitter for those without an account.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post

Thanks for the reply. Also, I figured if a back up was Reddit or Discord then it would also be back up for this thread on the days that Gateworld is down, should that happen. As long individual tweets, an example a direct link to a tweet, is still viewable by those not Twitter, as well as just going to someone's Twitter, then it's all good. I made a whole post here about what's happened to Twitter for those without an account.
                              What is happening on shipper holidays on Twitter is sharing/talking about gifs/pics, but of course also sharing links to new works on AO3/FFnet/others. Those works are linked to in the holiday thread here on GW. I'm not sure why you think a backup on Reddit or Discord is necessary? Is it because you worry about GW closing?

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post

What is happening on shipper holidays on Twitter is sharing/talking about gifs/pics, but of course also sharing links to new works on AO3/FFnet/others. Those works are linked to in the holiday thread here on GW. I'm not sure why you think a backup on Reddit or Discord is necessary? Is it because you worry about GW closing?
                                No, I don't think Gateworld is going anywhere. In summer of 2011 Gateworld did a server move, and after the move, Gateworld was inaccessible to me for about 3 week, maybe a month, and I had to miss Ship Day that year. I don't know when the actual date was that it was all good, and I could access the site again, I just did a check one day, it was all good, so whatever behind the scenes stuff caused the issue must have corrected itself. I was just thinking of situations like that or similar, but those are rare, so my suggestion/idea should remain just that, a suggestion/idea and nothing more.

Comment

Working...
                                X