Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
    Eeek! I'm trying to get a video done but keep hitting snags!!
    You've got this! Soldier through. . .

I've been watching clips from the Paris Manga Q and A with Amanda and RDA for inspiration. I LOVE that they both talked a lot about children, since I'm writing a fairly involved AU kid-fic at the moment.

(But my Shipmas story doesn't involve children, so I'm still seeking inspo there. Ha.)
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
      One week to Shipmas
      I'm excited about this... I am attempting a fanfic! ATTEMPTING being the key word here! ha
      .... sigpic ....

"I didn't leave - because I'd rather die myself than lose Carter."

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post

Aaaagh! And I'm only half-way done with my new Christmas fic!
        Excited to read this! Very excited!
        .... sigpic ....

Comment

Originally posted by Nonnie88 View Post

I'm excited about this... I am attempting a fanfic! ATTEMPTING being the key word here! ha
          Woo hoo! So cool!
          sigpic
          My Stories AO3

Comment

So happy to hear that both fics and videos are brewing for Saturday's Shipmas

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
              So happy to hear that both fics and videos are brewing for Saturday's Shipmas
              Still attempting here... Will probably do an all nighter in the hopes that I can complete it in time.. ha!
              .... sigpic ....

Comment

Originally posted by Nonnie88 View Post

Still attempting here... Will probably do an all nighter in the hopes that I can complete it in time.. ha!
                You can do it! Write like the wind!
                sigpic
                My Stories AO3

Comment

New video is ready for deployment! Hope I'm still awake when the ship thread gets opened.

Newbie questions: What time do we get going on Twitter? What hashtags?

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                    New video is ready for deployment! Hope I'm still awake when the ship thread gets opened.

Newbie questions: What time do we get going on Twitter? What hashtags?
                    Sounds great with a new video
                    As soon as it's December 10 in your timezone, it's Shipmas. I used to write "midnight EST to midnight EST" on the "invitation", but it stopped making sense when a lot of the traffic started being on Twitter instead of the dedicated threads here.
                    (Preferred) hashtag is #samjackshipmas, but I've already seen #samandjackshipmas being used. Another variation is #samjackshipmas2022

Comment

Shipmas thread

Comment

Hi SamandJack Shippers Just swinging by to say "hi"
                        sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                          Hey there!

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                            Hi there

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post

You can do it! Write like the wind!
                              Did not manage to get the fic finished! It’s still sitting open, I had to prioritise an essay for college ????! Whoops! But alas, I’m hoping I’ll have it done for actual Christmas!
                              .... sigpic ....

Comment

I've been wanting to do a rewatch ever since Shipmas but then I got COVID and haven't been very functional at all. I'm finally coming out of all of it. I got caught up in thinking about Sam and Jack the other day, remembering having intense conversations here. I browsed around in the thread and really enjoyed going back in time.

I wanted to share this post by JenniferJF.​

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                                And...

Because it's been forever since I've posted it here, and it's never been posted on This Thread, I give you...

My Evidence that Sam and Jack are Together
                                Spoiler:
                                I've posted this a bunch on the Sam/Jack Gateworld forum, and rather than continually reposting it for newbies, I figured I'd post it here and stick it in my memories. It's the post-Threads evidence that Sam and Jack are together:

The reason I KNOW Jack and Sam are together, anything TPTB might do to indicate otherwise being so OOC as to be IMPOSSIBLE for me to believe, is:

1) After the events of Threads/end-of-Moebius, Jack would be a complete lying jerk if he actually left Sam after promising he'd 'always' be there for her in response to her coming to him (and 8 years of watching them interact and their looks during the scene tell me he understood exactly why she was on his back deck). Jack is not a jerk and a liar, therefore they are together. (see, logic?)

Some examples of the immediate change in their attitudes towards each other in Threads:

a) Actually sitting so close they're legs have to be touching close in the briefing room after not even sitting in chairs next to each other for the first part of the season:

b) Also, how close they were sitting while fishing:

c) He acts like a total Alpha Male around her at the beginning and end of Moebius, taking every opportunity to touch her:

and give her personal orders that he knows she'll follow:

c) He also admits he does what she says, "She won't even let me go back to see the Cubs win the World Series" exactly like a boyfriend and completely unlike a General talking about a Lieutenant Colonel. Because of course she's been giving him personal orders for years herself, he's just suddenly proud of the fact.

Okay. That, really, should be enough. BUUUTT.... Other less important reasons:

2) Sam has been WAY too happy and confident and completely free of angst after 8 years of angst for any explanation other than the angst is gone because she and Jack are together. You just don't dissolve your feelings and your need for happiness because you 'decided' to be happy. That's what she learned in Threads.

3) Jack would never ever ever have taken a deskjob in DC (one of his least favorite places in the universe) where he would have to wear his dress uniform all the time (his least favorite clothes) and spend all his time doing paperwork and meeting with politicians and diplomats (his least favorite activites). Unless Sam needed him to. So they could be together. No other explanation I can conceive of is not OOC... And he seemed so content and smug talking about it when he appeared on SGA's The Return II... and has appeared a lot less miserable about his current situation than he did when commanding the SGC, and his D.C. job has to be much worse than that ever was.

4) When Sam returns to the SGC in Beachhead, for some reason which makes no MILITARY sense, Landry is having to talk Jack into 'letting' Sam come back. There's something clearly beyond military decisions there, probably because Sam left in the first place on her choice and it's her decision to come back (remember, both Cam and Jack had 'any position you want' offers, you gotta assume Sam would as well). Sam gives a 'Jack' smile when reporting to Landry, a perfect example of her new-found happiness post S8:

Compare this to pre-with-Jack angst:

5) When Sam explained to Barrett whey she took a desk job, which also seems OOC, she gave some goofy explanation about Cassie. When he asked if she were single, she was WAY too smug and self satisfied for any explanation about being in an emotional 'holding pattern' of deciding she couldn't be with anyone but Jack but not actually being with him. People who are still pining ain't this happy:

6) In 4th Horsemen When Orlin told Sam they could wait to resume their 'relationship' until he was older, she looked hugely uncomfortable. And not in a negative way, she again gave that slightly smug, happy, and secretive smile like there was another reason she couldn't be with Orlin besides his age...

7) When Martouf came from an AU, Sam almost kissed him, but pulled back at the last moment clearly relieved. If she didn't have a prior emotional commitment, why not kiss him and satisfy her curiosity? She kept Martouf at a careful distance after that...

8) In The Return II on SGA, Jack tells Weir he's going home at the end to "a shower, hot toddy, and...." then he trails off smugly and suggestively. Many of us saw that as implying female type companionship, which would be the first time Jack has ever openly admitted to that without embarassment, because he's actually proud of his relationship with Sam. And he obviously has someone waiting for him at home, since he assumes all this coziness

9) Sam says d’oh in Line in the Sand when Cam brings her decaf. After 8 years of day-in-and-day out contact at work, she never picked up on that phrase, and still looked at him a bit oddly whenever he used it. Now she is using it casually and as if it is no big deal after two years of no real contact with him at work. Obviously they’ve been together a lot of screen and in a a very personal way if she’s finally picked up on one of his favorite phrases and integrated it so fully into her personality that she doesn’t even make a big deal out of saying it. Simlar to Dr. Carter saying ‘For Crying Out Loud’ in PoV.

10)Sam’s PERSONAL directory’s password is revealed as ‘Fishing’ in LiS. If she and Jack weren’t together, fishing should have a negative connotation, not be so closely associated with her PRIVATE life J.

11) In The Shroud, Sam and Jack are alone in her lab. They are comfortable and intimate with each other. They converse as equals, and without any of the UST or angst which has been a part of nearly all their interactions previously:

compared to, say:

which is what we would have seen in previous seasons.

12) Sam has a picture of herself fishing with Jack in her office when she's in command of Atlantis in Atlantis S4:

Which indicates 'fishing with Jack' is a way she wants to remember herself. She also has a picture of Jack alone in her private quarters:

Indicating a more personal relationship with him.

13) Though it was eventually deleted from the episode, a scene in SGA's S4 episode Trio clearly indicates Sam and Jack are in an ongoing relationship.

The very fact TPTB felt they COULD include this information indicates they've at least been writing to leave it open as a possibility for Sam and Jack to have been in a relationship all this time. And, really, Martin Gero here never denies the fact that Sam and Jack are in a relationship, just that this bit didn't really fit in this episode. And, in the commentary, Amanda Tapping states about Sam that she's saying here, "Jack's her fella."

14) Similarly, in the commentary for the SGA S4 Episode Quarantine, in discussing Sam, Martin Wood and Amanda Tapping have this exchange.

15) In Continuum, Sam and Jack are, as they've been since the end of S8, extremely comfortable around each other. They're filmed almost as standing apart from the rest of the group and seem almost to be having a private conversation during the ceremony. Additionally, in the montage which is meant to show how SG-1 is missing their old life, and Cam goes to his childhood home and Daniel goes to look at his book, Sam buys mislabeled Froot Loops with rather a sadly resigned attitude. The only significance to Froot Loops within the Stargate universe is as a callback to Window Of Opportunity in which Jack is eating them, which suggest it is, in fact, Jack which Sam is missing more than anything else from her old life. Additionally, in Continuum, in the final scene, Sam and Jack act very 'coupley' as Jack asks SG-1 (and seemingly not Sam) to lunch and, after a look from her, offers to pay.

16) At the end of Stargate Universe's Air Pt 1, when Sam and Jack have a video conversation over communications, they are extremely non-formal with each other. Most significantly, she doesn't refer to him as 'Sir'. Not once. And back before S8 she could hardly go two sentences without it.

17) Brad Wright in a fall of '08 interview stated that, to paraphrase, "If you want to imagine Sam and Jack have been in a relationship, then go ahead and imagine it, " which also indicates this is a valid interpretation of the art they've been producing. Similarly, at AT4 in fall of '09 Amanda Tapping stated she believes Jack and Sam are together romantically and have been since Sam stopped being in his direct chain-of-command, back even before she went to Atlantis (which would have been when he transferred to Washington after S8, but AT didn't state that explicitly) Joe Mallozzi has also stated he believes Sam and Jack got together after Threads. Which means interpreting her performance or his writing to infer Sam and Jack are together isn't a stretch, but is almost certainly the artist's intent as well.

18) Overall, there are many examples of Jackisms from Sam since S8 which indicate they've been spending time together: From Company of Thieves: twirling the wrench, from McKay and Mrs. Miller: snapping her thumbs, from Quest I: 'get a room'. Just too name a few than jump out at me right now.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

The reason I and many others assume they're married is varied. Personally, I do so because, assuming they got talked into both staying in the military for duty/honor reasons, the best way to do so and still be close to each other in chain-of-command and not be breaking regs is by being married. Oddly, probably because marriage is a legally and socially binding contract considered more important than ones career, marriage between people who would otherwise be considered 'fraternizing' is allowed by the regs. Given Sam's fear of being left by those she loves and Jack's need to be there for her absolutely which I believe he admitted in Threads gives their marriage as the most likely solution to their problem. Also, people going into combat typically don't wait to marry for long because of the whole worry about imminent death thing.

My friend Megyn made a video based on this evidence.
                                This post and 5999 similar posts filled with babble and/or silliness have been brought to you by me.

For which I quite possibly owe many of you an apology

EDIT: OMG that's gotten looongggg.... *happy dance*

Comment

Working...
                                X