Hey there.

Just popping my head in to say hi to everyone and

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA!!!!!
      sigpic
      sig by Mada
      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Random Q:

We all recognize Jack's influence on Sam over the years making her the woman she is now. But what if she had been without Jack as a CO, without his daily influence and his eventual love?

What type of woman do you think she'd be?

Feel free to answer in strengths and weaknesses or fic.

We always appreciate fic/drabbles/ficlets.

You get the idea
        sigpic
        sig by Mada
        As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
          Oh wow, get this! I just got a review for one of my early Campfires, set around Solitudes. The reviewer is from Italy and she said this:

How freakin' cool is that!
          Well.. I know you were sorta joking... but...

It does sort of change the entire meaning of the scene, making it far fluffier and less angty. It also would suggest Jack *had* gotten over Sarah and moved on to Sam already where the actual line makes it pretty clear he's still not over his ex-wife and hasn't yet really started transferring those feelings to Sam.

So, while fluffy, it sort of does the story a disservice to Italian viewers as they're given misinformation and aren't able to see the real relationship or to get the full impact of Jack's sense of responsibility and commitment even THEN to his former wife and thus miss a key point about Jack's personality..

I', just sayin'... It's sweet, but it significantly alters Jack's personality and his relationship to Sam and Sara at that point... and shows how a single word out of place can totally change the meaning of a scene, as well.
          Last edited by JenniferJF; 19 February 2010, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
            Tee hee hee. You said "laid back".
            Remember that old joke? Sam in S9 is so obviously well laid... back. I think Uber made it back in the day And it's true, too.

Comment

Oh Jenn...you can suck the shippy love out of... just kidding! I do know what you mean, it gives a false impression of the tone of the show to an entire nation, thus distorting their view. Yeah. I get that and do really agree with you on that point.

But still...my shippy little heart loved it.

On another topic, I whipped up a little sig for Akaiamom (if she wants it). To do so, I *had* to do a little manip...

Which then became...

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

there's a thread for a stargate movie campaign. if anyone's interested, here's the link:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...e-Fan-Campaign
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                  Random Q:

We all recognize Jack's influence on Sam over the years making her the woman she is now. But what if she had been without Jack as a CO, without his daily influence and his eventual love?

What type of woman do you think she'd be?

Feel free to answer in strengths and weaknesses or fic.

We always appreciate fic/drabbles/ficlets.

You get the idea
                  And just to add to the mix ... what about the influence Sam had on Jack all those years as well. It works both ways. He had an influence on her throughout those eight years. I'm of the opinion that she had just as much influence on him and how he changed because of her being in his life.

Comment

On another topic, I whipped up a little sig for Akaiamom (if she wants it). To do so, I *had* to do a little manip...
                    And I loved it so much that I almost squeed! (And you other women of a certain age know what that's like. . . Ha ha ha ha--Sorry, I couldn't resist--and by now you know that's actually true. My filter is actually broken. . .)
                    sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Speaking of sigs, how does one go about making one? Remember, I'm an idiot, so talk S-L-O-W. . .
                      I use powerpoint, photobucket, and sometimes paint but is not really an exact science
                      It's much easier if you have nice programs like photoshop

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      there's a thread for a stargate movie campaign. if anyone's interested, here's the link:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...e-Fan-Campaign
                      Thanks for the link Sally!!

Edit:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA!!!
                      Last edited by yessika; 19 February 2010, 08:07 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Speaking of sigs, how does one go about making one? Remember, I'm an idiot, so talk S-L-O-W. . .
                        I use GIMP. But I'm just starting so I'm not all that good. *Points to not-so-good sigs* They're all mine. (All the pro ones were made by other peoples. ) The Art thread is the best place for tuts and help, so I hang out around there a lot.
                        sigpic

Comment

I use GIMP. But I'm just starting so I'm not all that good. *Points to not-so-good sigs* They're all mine. (All the pro ones were made by other peoples. ) The Art thread is the best place for tuts and help, so I hang out around there a lot.
                          I think you're doing really well. Definitely better than I could do (says the person who doesn't know what GIMP is). Don't sell yourself short--I think you've got a very mature and classy style. Smile and say "Thanks!"
                          sigpic
                          My Stories: FFdotNet
                          My Stories AO3
                          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I think you're doing really well. Definitely better than I could do (says the person who doesn't know what GIMP is). Don't sell yourself short--I think you've got a very mature and classy style. Smile and say "Thanks!"
                            Aww. *Smiles* Thanks. That means a lot. I guess I am selling myself a little short. I really need to stop doing that. *Shakes head*
                            And GIMP is a free program much like Photoshop.

And I guess I have come a long way from my first sig.

Spoiler:

from that. to this!
                            (Spoilered for OT)
                            Spoiler:

Thanks
                            sigpic

Comment

I was watching SGA tonight- which I only catch when Rick or Amanda are on. Anyway, I caught something I've missed in the past. At the end of The Kindred, as Beckett is being wheeled in, the piano bit was *very* reminiscent of the music in Lost City just before Jack steps into HIS pod.

Another striking thing forme was that after the pod is activated, instead of cutting to his best pal Rodney or any of the others he's known for a while, the cut is to Sam's face. Her expression just screams flashback and pain to me.

Very cool, very subtle, and very shippy to me.

And...wow. That took ages to type on my iPhone.
                              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

You can make them with programs like GIMP or Photoshop, but if you want I can also make you one.

If you want to really try yourself go ask in [urlhttp://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?54205-The-secrets-on-how-to-make-artwork-of-the-Sam-Jack-ship-family-thread]This![/url] thread and people will help you with tutorials, questions etc. in regards to making artwork

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                                I was watching SGA tonight- which I only catch when Rick or Amanda are on. Anyway, I caught something I've missed in the past. At the end of The Kindred, as Beckett is being wheeled in, the piano bit was *very* reminiscent of the music in Lost City just before Jack steps into HIS pod.

Another striking thing forme was that after the pod is activated, instead of cutting to his best pal Rodney or any of the others he's known for a while, the cut is to Sam's face. Her expression just screams flashback and pain to me.

Very cool, very subtle, and very shippy to me.

And...wow. That took ages to type on my iPhone.
                                *happy sigh* I remember that! I loved seeing that and also got a flashback to Lost City. She just so remembers Jack at that moment, poor Sam.

Wow for that you typed it all on your Iphone, I lost the patience to do that these days!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X