Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itsjustmejac View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and say hello to you all! I was registered on here years ago (as wackyjacqs, I believe) but then I lost my login details and couldn't reset, so it was easier to just start a new account! I'm really looking forward to getting stuck back into the forum, and yesterday's Ship Day was a lovely way to start. It was so nice to see new works being shared both my shippers who had participated before and by those enjoying their first Ship Day.

While most of the fics were posted for Ship Day, a couple were shared after the thread closed, so I thought I'd maybe share them here, if that's okay?
    Welcome Back! Most definitely let's keep the party going!

Is this your original account: https://forum.gateworld.net/members/53490-wacky_jacqs

Comment

I heard this song This is Love by The Script and I think it would make a good music video for overall Stargate (SG-1, SGA, SGU) with elements of Sam/Jack, John/Teyla and whatever the other top relationships of Stargate are.

Just a suggestion for the thread, what about having 7 prompts each month and whatever prompts don't get used carry over into next month's prompts. Those prompts could an inspire fan fiction, music videos, artwork or just plain Sam/Jack discussion.

Some years ago in the Sheppard/Teyla Ship Discussion Thread I issued a song list challenge but I never got around to issuing it over here. I have greatly simplified it.

Song List Challenge simplified:
      Feel free to pick a song or songs off the song list and let it inspire fan fiction, pic fic, music videos, and/or artwork. You don't have to use any part of lyrics in your fan fiction, pic fic and/or artwork if you don't want to. As for music videos, you can use the song for the video if you want or use instrumental music with parts of a song's/songs' lyrics display in the video. The latter can be done with music that has lyrics if that's what you choose. When you do share it, make sure to mention song list challenge and a list of the song(s) used.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I'm sorry I neglected this for several years.

Here are the charts with Post and User Counts for all Ship Days to date.
        For reference, the show aired from July 27, 1997 to March 13, 2007

Last edited by UhSir; 29 July 2019, 08:28 PM. Reason: add note for airdates

Comment

While looking for my screencap backups I found a note linking to the post quoted below. My note has more items than the original post so I'll post those separately so we all can start adding to the list. I'll check forward from the original for several pages and try a search to see if there were any I'd missed.
          Originally posted by UhSir View Post
          ROFL! That is exactly how it would be too!

I think it's totally doable. And don't worry hedwig, we old-timers might wither away before it gets finished but there are plenty of young'uns here to carry on to the end.

What d'ya say shippers, do ya wanna do this?
          How about we start compiling the list here? Once we get a good bunch together I'll be glad to make a public post on my LiveJournal account so people can add comments with more to add. Like how Rachel does the Every Shippy Moment list.

We have some categories which trinity3 has already started, and one scene which hlndncr mentioned (one of my favorites btw *sniffle*).
          {snipped}
          Last edited by UhSir; 30 July 2019, 09:08 AM. Reason: for clarity

Comment

Categories of Sir

Casual Sirs

Desperate Sirs
            Metamorphosis
            When Jack goes back at the end and picks up Sam to carry her to the machine and save her, she whispers "Sir" as he picks her up.

Reflex Sirs
            Beneath the Surface
            She calls him "sir" without realizing she did so, until Daniel/Kalan says she did when the three of them are meeting secretly to talk.

"I want you but I can't say it" Sirs

"You're lucky we've got this rank and regs thing between us" Sirs
            The Broca Divide

"You know I love you, dammit!" Sirs
            Beneath the Surface
            At the end of the episode.

Exasperated Sirs
            Last edited by UhSir; 29 July 2019, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by itsjustmejac View Post
              Just wanted to pop in and say hello to you all! I was registered on here years ago (as wackyjacqs, I believe) but then I lost my login details and couldn't reset, so it was easier to just start a new account! I'm really looking forward to getting stuck back into the forum, and yesterday's Ship Day was a lovely way to start. It was so nice to see new works being shared both my shippers who had participated before and by those enjoying their first Ship Day.

While most of the fics were posted for Ship Day, a couple were shared after the thread closed, so I thought I'd maybe share them here, if that's okay?

Yes! More goodies!
              sigpic

Comment

Found the post below to possibly be a guideline. I'll keep browsing.
                Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                About the "Sir" list...

What a huge undertaking this will be... she calls him "Sir" so much during each episode! Looking forward to seeing the end result.
                I'm thinking the list will only be for the "shippy" Sirs. Meaning, if it wasn't for the silly military regs she'd be saying something else like Jack or Dear or Jerk. Not the ordinary things like acknowledging an order with a simple "Yes sir."

Comment

More discussion about Categories.
                  Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  Darn. In that case, I'll have to delete about 95% of those times when she said "sir". I've gone through most of Season 4 and about half of Season 5, and there have actually been no times when she said it in a way that could be considered shippy. There were a few times when she sounded a bit peeved or exasperated with him and tacked on the "sir" to make it sound a little less insubordinate.
                  Re: bolded, Those would be ones for the list.
                  Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                  {snipped}
                  Don't get rid of the insubordinate 'Sir's !!! I like.

Comment

Thank you, and yes, that's my original account!

Welcome Back! Most definitely let's keep the party going!

Is this your original account: https://forum.gateworld.net/members/53490-wacky_jacqs

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

So, one of the stories posted for Ship Day was 'Ship Day 2019' by midnightread over on FF.net.

Comment

Another addition for Ship Day 2019 is 'Everything is New' by GWhite.

Comment

While looking for my screencap backups I found a note linking to the post quoted below. My note has more items than the original post so I'll post those separately so we all can start adding to the list. I'll check forward from the original for several pages and try a search to see if there were any I'd missed.
                          Omg! Uhsir I actually visited those 2011 pages which brought back so many lovely memories of being on the thread with you guys. SamJack Shippers forever. I really miss you guys and being here more often.
                          sigpic
                          sig by Mada
                          As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                            Omg! Uhsir I actually visited those 2011 pages which brought back so many lovely memories of being on the thread with you guys. SamJack Shippers forever. I really miss you guys and being here more often.
                            Me too!! I got lost in reading and forgot how I even got there. I love to talk (and argue ) about Sam and Jack to this day! I think that's what helped inspire me while making videos. I keep checking here and try to stoke the fire but then I go away sad.

I WILL NEVER GIVE UP!

Because...

Comment

A temporary loss of cable caused hubs and I to start a rewatch. It's freaking awesome...we're both having a ball. Tonight's binge wrapped up with Entity. The echoes of Divide and Conquer & Beneath the Surface are so fresh in my mind (because we're watching 2-4 eps a night) that the layers to Entity are so rich...beautiful and heart-wrenching. Just a treasure.

I just wanted to share my shippy enthusiasm with others of my kind... LOL
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Recently rewatched 'Into the Fire', and this...THIS...gets me. EVERY. DAMN. TIME.

sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X