No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! I know this is late, but I just had a chance to finish it. I love writing Sam/Jack Christmas stuff. I hope you all enjoy it!

Hopelights
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

2017 is almost upon us, shippers!

Where has the time gone? Food for thought, it's the 20th anniversary of Season 1 of SG-1, but it also means that SG-1 has been off the air for as long as it was on...

The holidays are over, and as much as I love this time of the year, it's a relief, because it's been a very busy and stressful time. I have found some time to watch some Stargate, as well as Star Wars, for obvious and unfortunate reasons. I also found this oldie-and-goodie on Youtube and figured I'd share!

My expectation is that the new year will be slowing down a bit (I got a new job several months ago which definitely should be a bit easier now that the holidays are over). We'll be starting up our rewatch again starting tomorrow (we're just about to the ever-snippy Season 4!), and as for my personal goal: I will be finishing my fanfic [see sig below] in 2017. It's turned into a behemoth of a story (well at least for me), but I need to see it through, and that's what I'll be doing this year.

I pray that the new year finds you all well, and I hope that we'll all find a little more time in our schedules for shipping this year!
      sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        Hi! I know this is late, but I just had a chance to finish it. I love writing Sam/Jack Christmas stuff. I hope you all enjoy it!

Hopelights
        Wonderfully, beautifully, touchingly perfect, as always! You always do such a lovely job of capturing the nuances of Jack's personality. I was grinning ear-to-ear by the end!
        sigpic
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
          Wonderfully, beautifully, touchingly perfect, as always! You always do such a lovely job of capturing the nuances of Jack's personality. I was grinning ear-to-ear by the end!
          Thank you! I have a good time writing Jack. I might identify with him on a few too many levels. . .

My goal for 2017 is to finish Paradise Reborn. There. I've said it. Now it has to happen. . . ((Fingers crossed))
          sigpic
          My Stories AO3

Comment

Episodes of the Week

Maternal Instinct

Crystal Skull

Edit: Also, is it Sanctuary week? Sweet! John Druitt is still my favorite character! Everyone post so we can see your new names!
            sigpic

Comment

I've always liked "Crystal Skull" - if for no other reason than Sam collapses and Jack carries her to safety.

***SWOON!!!***
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                  http://an-c.dk/at/gateworld/crystal-skull-nintendos-1.jpg

http://an-c.dk/at/gateworld/crystal-...intendos-2.jpg
                  Can I just say that I adore the little head duck Sam often does when Jack makes a joke? I love that that is exclusively a "Jack" reaction - I seriously can't think of a single time when she does that for anyone else.
                  sigpic

Comment

<<Tiptoes through thread and quietly throws a pineapple. . . >>

Hey, Shippers! I've got an idea. It's wacky, but should be fun!

I'm planning on writing a Sam/Jack Valentine's Day story. But here's where it'll get interesting. If you have a situation or idea that you'd like to see, post it here or PM me, and I'll choose one of your ideas as the premise for my story.

Want to see Jack dressed as Cupid?
                    Want to see them dancing at a high school Prom?
                    Want to see them riding horses down a beach?

Whatever ideas you have - send them my way and we'll see what happens. AAAAAAaaaaaaannnndddd, GO!
                    sigpic
                    My Stories AO3

Comment

So...I'm "snowed in" today, and couldn't think of a better way to spend the morning than catching up on my favorite thread. TBH, we've only had @ 3-4", but our road is a tertiary road, and my front wheel drive KIA can handle about 2-3" of snow, but not more, so I'm staying in for now.

Hopelights
                      *opens this in another tab*
                      WOW! A Christmas present!!! Thanks, Aka!!

Why didn't FFN notify me!?! I've got you tagged as a favorite author!!

My expectation is that the new year will be slowing down a bit <snippy> and as for my personal goal: I will be finishing my fanfic [see sig below] in 2017. It's turned into a behemoth of a story (well at least for me), but I need to see it through, and that's what I'll be doing this year.
                      My goal for 2017 is to finish Paradise Reborn. There. I've said it. Now it has to happen. . . ((Fingers crossed))
                      I'm in favor of any New Year's resolutions that bring me more fanfic!!! *chants* GO! GO! GO!

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                      http://an-c.dk/at/gateworld/crystal-skull-nintendos-1.jpg
                      http://an-c.dk/at/gateworld/crystal-...intendos-2.jpg
                      *melts into a gooey little puddle*

Thanks, SCIMM.
                      *gulp*

Can I just say that I adore the little head duck Sam often does when Jack makes a joke? I love that that is exclusively a "Jack" reaction - I seriously can't think of a single time when she does that for anyone else.
                      (See my reaction to SCIMM's post) *dreamily* Yeah...definitely my favorite.

<<Tiptoes through thread and quietly throws a pineapple. . . >>
                      Hey, Shippers! I've got an idea. It's wacky, but should be fun!
                      I'm planning on writing a Sam/Jack Valentine's Day story. But here's where it'll get interesting. If you have a situation or idea that you'd like to see, post it here or PM me, and I'll choose one of your ideas as the premise for my story.

Want to see Jack dressed as Cupid?
                      Want to see them dancing at a high school Prom?
                      Want to see them riding horses down a beach?

Whatever ideas you have - send them my way and we'll see what happens. AAAAAAaaaaaaannnndddd, GO!
                      So...partially formed idea: introducing young Cassie to the Terran tradition for the first time? I had this wacky mental image of Jack with heart confetti stuck in his hair...
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Since I missed Shipmas (darn responsibilities and real life. . .), I'm going to leave my Jack/Sam Christmas fic here:
                        Ummm...I MISSED SHIPMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ugh!
                        ack!

bad, bad shipper..........
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

SaraBahama: Thanks for the idea. That idea makes me laugh.

I missed Shipmas, too. My life is so complicated around Christmas time that I rarely have time to sit down at all, let alone to follow Shipmas. I always feel a little left out, though, thinking of the fun that other people are having. Christmas stories are some of my favorites to write, so I've been trying to at least do one of those each year.
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

SaraBahama: Thanks for the idea. That idea makes me laugh.
                            Of course, I also thought of Sam reaching up to brush it out of his hair....
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Art Challenge #121

We’re back after our holiday hiatus. Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season and that 2017 is off to a good start for you.

For our first challenge in the new year let's explore a different kind of 'ship'. We're breaking out the BroTPs. Our prompt is: Friendship. Friends deserve some love too.

Please PM your entries to me by noon on the 16th.
                              sigpic
                              Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

Season 4!

Episodes of the Week

Nemesis / Small Victories
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X