Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by houghtam View Post
    **Sneaking in... hoping no one will once I've been gone for a bit... **

Back from hurricane cleanup, finally. Missed checking the feed. Going to try to find time to get back into the rewatch. I am loving all the shippy things being posted. Makes my heart happy!
    Welcome back! Good to see the "gang".
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Good to see you, Sara, SCIMM, houghtam, and aka! akaGood to see some activity around here, because Lord knows I haven't been around to help keep the ship going!

I've been very unpunctual with the rematch, mainly because for a while I've been living at a sick friend's house who doesn't have wifi, so it's been difficult to do much of anything online! I apologize for that, especially since I know that there are a few people who are actually watching an episode week to week even if there isn't much discussion.

To keep everything moving along, we're going to do two episodes (actually three!) this week (guess what! We're almost to shippy Season 4!)

Episodes of the Week

Past and Present

Jolinar's Memories/The Devil You Know
      sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Also, akamaimom, I get so excited when I see that I get a new fanfic notification from you, and then severely disappointed when I see it's for The Last Ship and not Stargate.

But seriously, is this a show that I should be watching? I haven't heard much about it, but I just saw a promo on TV a couple days ago.

I think I need to watch it just so I can enjoy all your new fanfiction!
        sigpic
        The Return of King Arthur
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
          Also, akamaimom, I get so excited when I see that I get a new fanfic notification from you, and then severely disappointed when I see it's for The Last Ship and not Stargate.

But seriously, is this a show that I should be watching? I haven't heard much about it, but I just saw a promo on TV a couple days ago.

I vote that YES, The Last Ship is absolutely worth watching. But do so from the first episode and work through it until the end of Season 3, which is where we are right now. It has been renewed for two more seasons of 10 episodes each. There's quite a nice thread on Facebook called "The Last Ship DDG 151" - the FB page is helping us to get through the time until next June when the next season will begin.

This is the first TV series I've felt this much enthusiasm for since SG1 went off the air.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post

YES. YES. YES. It's a FANTASTIC show!!! It's an apocalyptic series about a virus that kills off most of the world's population, but one Naval destroyer has the scientists on board who might be capable of finding a vaccine.

There's SO much more to it than that. Seasons One and Two are out on Hulu, but, like Hedwig said, you need to watch it from the beginning, since each season is a story arc with subsequent seasons building on that arc. Stargate fans should love it, because it's got the same ideals in it - lots of moral dilemmas, decent angsty shippiness, and idealistic, interesting, and intelligent characters. Give it three or four episodes, and you'll be hooked.

(Did you watch "Grey's Anatomy"? If so, McSteamy is the Captain of the ship. Hubba Hubba.)
            sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by houghtam View Post
              **Sneaking in... hoping no one will once I've been gone for a bit... **

Back from hurricane cleanup, finally. Missed checking the feed. Going to try to find time to get back into the rewatch. I am loving all the shippy things being posted. Makes my heart happy!
              Welcome back! I hope you are ok post-hurricane.

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
              SOOOOO many shippy moments in that episode! Especially when she lays her head on his shoulder.
              This moment of this episode always gets to me.
              He risks letting his guard down in front of an enemy he despises, because it's the only chance to save Sam. That's seriously dangerous, because Nirrti might decide to go all sadistic and use it against him...so he dangles his cooperation as bait to deflect her from thinking about that too much.

...or maybe I think about these things too much. ugh.
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

SOOOOOOOO wonderful! I get chills STILL whenever I see this scene.
                  sigpic
                  My Stories AO3

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                      [IMG]http://an-c.dk/at/gateworld/threads-always-2.jpg[/]
                      **Sigh

Such a sad/awesome/romantic scene.
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

Hi, All. Copter is running late. She asked me to let you know she will be in to post the challenge later.
                        sigpic
                        Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

Challenge #116
                          Textures

slizzie1986

JadedWraith

RodneyisGodney

sigpic

Comment

Challenge #117

Thank you slizzie for posting an update for me! Sorry the challenge is so late today, darn RL getting in the way!

This week, the challenge will be Halloween/Scary/Spooky/Creepy.

I understand not everyone celebrates Halloween, so you can just go scary/creepy/spooky. And if you don't like that, you can do "cute and fluffy" non scary spiders and ghosts and things that go bump in the night.

Let's keep the gore to a minimum just to be nice but anything goes in GW guidelines!

Happy Haunting and art making!

Entries due to me by Monday October 31st.
                            sigpic

Comment

Mrscopterdoc: I don't have anything for your challenge, but I HAVE to say.

I LOVE your sig! Tom Chandler is my second greatest crush (other than Col. O'Neill.). <3 <3 <3
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                                Mrscopterdoc: I don't have anything for your challenge, but I HAVE to say.

I LOVE your sig! Tom Chandler is my second greatest crush (other than Col. O'Neill.). <3 <3 <3
                                It is okay and thanks! I have quite the crush on Chandler! Okay, a VERY big crush!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X