• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made by Mélanie
    An oldie but still amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Robinbishop1231 View Post
      I have found that a Stargate re-watch goes really well with knitting and crochet. That's probably why I just cast on for an "Event Horizon Shawl" and started a puddle jumper pillow/toy last week.
      I have those in my library on Ravelry I haven't tried toys or stuffed animals yet though I can't stop looking at all of the amigurumi out there. My obsessions are fingerless gloves and bags. I'm making 2 bags right now, a slouchy shoulder bag and a large tote I want to make fingerless gloves with Earth symbols on them as soon as I figure out how.
      sigpic

----------
      FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

i'm reading this one fic - 'missing pieces', by AstraPerAspera ... my gawd it's good!

but i haven't finished it yet, so who knows.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

1253.jpgDo you mean like color work? Or lace? I have flirted with the idea to do both. I'll share my charts! My ravelry name is the same as here.
          I knit a square with the home symbol and another gate symbol in the earth address with a knit/purl pattern, intending to make a blanket, but
          1. I chose an expensive yarn and my yarn budget got slashed
          2. I get distracted...a lot.
          3. Idea not fully formed, so that doesn't help.

Comment

I've made a few updates to The Out & Out, Ultimate List of Stargate Sam-Jack Videos.
            Add vidder: Neverendingimagination, Robin Bishop, sgtmike
            Updated vidder: Diane, Mada, Mélanie, Starg8rocks, XFchemist

Last edited by UhSir; 23 July 2014, 08:53 PM. Reason: add link and add'l update

Comment

I need to stop knitting and start video editing..... any song suggestions? I find it easier to make the vid if the song drives me to it. For instance, this one was put together in a day. ( Editing probably reflects that, but I work with what I got) I love how the video captures seem to move with the music. Most of that just happened.

Comment

Ten Drabbles in Ten Days!

Remember, this doesn't have to be hard. Just a fun little scene/story in 100 words or less. It can be humorous or sad, poetry or prose. Post them here whenever the muse strikes you (or you strike it)! I'll post a new prompt every 24 hours or so for the next ten days.

Drabble Prompt #4
                Breakfast

Comment

Drabble prompt - breakfast

He was smiling. That little, crooked smile that always melted her heart. His eyes were searching hers, but she couldn't think of why. She looked over at Daniel, he was expounding on something that he believed in, but no one seemed to have caught the gist of what he was worked up about. On the surface, it seemed like any other ordinary day meeting in the mess for breakfast. She smiled inwardly at his choice of a children's cereal. The brightly colored circles reminded her of confetti. But why was he giving her that funny, crooked smile. His eyes were too knowing, and she felt totally, and adorably confused.
                  sigpic

Comment

Do you mean like color work? Or lace? I have flirted with the idea to do both. I'll share my charts! My ravelry name is the same as here.
                    I knit a square with the home symbol and another gate symbol in the earth address with a knit/purl pattern, intending to make a blanket, but
                    Something like that but with a solid background and the symbol in black I think. (I just friended you on Ravelry )
                    sigpic

----------
                    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Dangerous Territory

No enemies at the door, no crises to diffuse, and no imminent threats to vanquish. But here, their eyes lock in a gaze so intense that if either of them so much as tremble, the world might collapse around them. They are in danger. Trapped by a look that compels a kiss, prompts a touch, induces a caress, they find that they've bared more than just their souls and no matter how hard they try to fight in this dangerous territory, there is no choice but to surrender.
                      sigpic

----------
                      FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39818[/ATTACH]Do you mean like color work? Or lace? I have flirted with the idea to do both. I'll share my charts! My ravelry name is the same as here.
                        Robin,
                        So pretty, reminds me of the sky overlooking Earth...if I only knew how to knit...Beautiful...Think you should do all 39 symbols of the Stargate. As I said, very pretty. Thanks for showing it off.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to the talented Bailey1ak

Comment

Nolamom,
                          Loved the drabble, you captured the episode perfectly, great drabble!
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to the talented Bailey1ak

Comment

It's coming...

IT'S COMING!!!!

SHIP DAY!!!

What better way to spend a Monday than shipping?

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                              It's coming...

IT'S COMING!!!!

SHIP DAY!!!

What better way to spend a Monday than shipping?

The only thing that makes it better is that I'm on Vacation!! Yes, my first vacation in 2 years and I get to start if off with Ship Day!!! So much to do, so much to do
                              sigpic

----------
                              FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
                                The only thing that makes it better is that I'm on Vacation!! Yes, my first vacation in 2 years and I get to start if off with Ship Day!!! So much to do, so much to do
                                Ha, same here!
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X