No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reckon it would have taken Vala all of 2 seconds to realise that Sam and Jack were involved, she seems perceptive like that. And I think she'd totally have embarrassed Jack by making an inappropriate reference to Sam being lucky to be sharing a bed with a guy with that impressive a sidearm or something!
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

The Best of the Ship
      Round 1

Bracket C: Hugs, Kisses, and Touches

vs.

Comment

The Best of the Ship . . .

Window of Opportunity Kiss

vs.

Heroes Hug

Comment

Oooh, so tough!

I think I have to say

Heroes hug (1)

Vs

Window of Opportunity kiss

Because the WoO kiss was over too quickly and Sam didn't have time to react properly.

The hug is such a more telling moment. She pretty much admitted that she couldn't cope with losing him. If she'd had a neon sign saying "I love you!!" over her head it couldn't have been more obvious. It was her 'I'd rather die myself than lose Carter' line. It breaks my heart when she stops mid-sentence all choked with tears. I also forgot how she really grips him and digs her fingers in, it's almost like she's checking he's actually there. He also holds her really tight. It's so cute!

Did I mention I love the angst? Lol
          Last edited by AmberLM; 25 March 2014, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
            I reckon it would have taken Vala all of 2 seconds to realise that Sam and Jack were involved, she seems perceptive like that. And I think she'd totally have embarrassed Jack by making an inappropriate reference to Sam being lucky to be sharing a bed with a guy with that impressive a sidearm or something!
            That doesn't mean that she wouldn't keep trying if she wanted something... It's Vala's way of dealing with people. Doesn't she constantly hit on everyone? (Wasn't there even the Woolsey comment of sexually harassing her - or him having some kinky wishes or something?) I think she uses it as a shield.

And I'd have loved to see that awkwardness... Jack giving one of those little awkward coughs, Sam lowering her head, albeit smiling... Daniel rolling his eyes in utter annoyance... Teal'c raising his eyebrow...
            sigpic

Comment

vs.

Heroes Hug (2)

Tough one... but the WoO kiss was one without risk for Jack. While it was sweet, it was also a bit cowardly to time it so she wouldn't have time to respond (in words ).
              The Heroes Hugs holds so much more emotion and of course he buries his face in her neck, which is so sweet...
              sigpic

Comment

Comment

vs.

Heroes Hug (3)

Checked in just in time for Ship Madness! I got lucky!

Heroes wins it for me, because while Window of Opportunity was fun and playful, it lacked the intensity of Heroes. WoO was Jack seeing how much he could get away with, and break the monotony, and as gratifying as it was to see some action, I don't think it was the kiss we should have gotten (it certainly isn't on par with Grace).

Heroes has the passion. Sam cracks just a little bit, and Jack is there to hold her together. He clearly values Carter much more by this point, and it shows. Heroes wins.

P.S. I really want one of those hugs.

Comment

vs.

Heroes Hug (4)

It's really no contest for me. WoO is fun for the sake of fun, but Heroes is heart wrenchingly angsty and that hug is just the ship in perfect illustration.
                    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

vs.

Heroes Hug (5)
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Window of Opportunity Kiss (1)

vs.

Heroes Hug (5)

I'm going against the grain here, not because I disagree with any of the comments regarding the Heroes hug, or any of the comments regarding the WoO kiss. But here's the thing that gets me. He surprises Sam last minute, jumps her in front of the General and all the techs, and yet she kisses him back. Her million-miles-an-hour mind is probably screaming at her to stop because this is wrong, but she goes with her heart and melts into his embrace. *sigh* it's just a shame it only lasted a few seconds.

Comment

vs.

Heroes Hug (6)

I have photo op with RDA in May. I'd love to hear a real C'mere!

Btw I actually wanted to ask at least another question about Sam and Jack at at7 but Amanda's words threw me off and I didn't do that...
                          sigpic
                          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Belated entry for last week's challenge...

Bravery

Spoiler:
                            “You can do this Sam.”

She tried to focus on Cassie's voice as she took another slow deep breath and tried to calm the butterflies that were flying at Mach speeds around her stomach. “I can do this,” she repeated.

Cassie couldn't help grinning at her. She grabbed her favorite aunt and second surrogate mother's hand and held it in both of her own. “Sam, look at me. You are very brave.”

Tears formed in Sam's eyes as she looked at the young woman who stood before her. “There is a such thing as too brave ya know. Maybe I shouldn't do this.”

Cassie giggled. “Would you stop worrying. Everything is going to be fine.”

Sam squeezed her eyes and tried to breathe through another wave of pain and nausea. “What...if...he doesn't come.”

“Wild equines, Carter.” Jack strolled into the room grinning widely.

“She was worried,” Cassie grinned back, still holding Sam's hand.

“She does that you know,” he grabbed Sam's other hand and brought it to his lips.

“So, whatdya say, Samantha? You ready to do this?”

She couldn't help grin back at the glint in his chocolate eyes. “No. But Cassie tells me I am very brave.” She grimaced as the pain hit her again.

Jack gripped her hand tighter and started rubbing her back in slow circles like he'd been taught. “Bravest woman I know.”

“Cass?”

“Sam, I'll be right back, I'm just gonna go get Mom okay?”

Sam only nodded. She couldn't believe this was happening. She just didn't feel ready. She thought she had so much time to get used to the idea but that time had just flown by and although she and Jack were able to relish it together, she now found herself full of doubt and fear.

Jack stepped away long enough to get her some water. She immediately grabbed his hand again. Her lifeline, her constant. If there was one thing she'd learned without a doubt in her mind over the last few months, it was that Jack O'Neill loved her and as long as she knew that, she knew she could do anything.

She looked Jack in the eye as the pain came again. “There's nothing you can't do, Sam.” His voice spoke the words, but his eyes reflected his meaning. Always.

Cassie came back in the room with Janet in tow.

“So? Are we ready Sam?”

“We're ready.”

Twenty minutes later, Jack O'Neill sat next to his wife and let the tears he'd tried to hold back fall. He kissed her sweat dampened forehead before wiping his eyes and leaving the room. Out in the hall he looked at the anxious faces of George, Jacob, Daniel, and Teal'c waiting for him to speak.

“It's a girl,” he grinned, “it's a girl.”
                            sigpic

----------
                            FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

vs.

Heroes Hug (7)
                              Appearances may be deceiving.
                              One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
                              A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
                              Never run with... scissors?

Comment

vs.

Heroes Hug (8)

I absolutely love the Heroes hug, Sam lets herself break down in front of Jack and he responds with c'mere and we get a hug that just lasts forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X