Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
    I'm going to hold out on the official word from JM - because while MS is great, he tends to make off handed comments that he doesn't know anything about (he knocked SGU earlier). Personally I see his answer as just non-committal - until they give us the actual cancellation I'm not going to let it go! I think the fact that they titled it (besides having written it) is a sign that they *do* want to move in that direction and make a movie.
    I agree with you, that they have every indication of wanting to do it. Im not saying im giving hope, its just hard to think about it never happening, which is what i meant by my statement. I'm not going to believe that its not going to happen until a PTB officially says it.
    sigpic
    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

I'm going to hold out on the official word from JM - because while MS is great, he tends to make off handed comments that he doesn't know anything about (he knocked SGU earlier). Personally I see his answer as just non-committal - until they give us the actual cancellation I'm not going to let it go! I think the fact that they titled it (besides having written it) is a sign that they *do* want to move in that direction and make a movie.
      Whether MS knows anything specific or not, it's fairly reasonable that, everything being even, an SG-1 movie is on the back burner.... The longer the time that passes before they make it, and the older everyone involved gets and the more involved with other successful projects (or.. you know.. anything), the less likely it is we'll see #3. That's probably been an unspoken (officially) reality for some time, and is sort of the nature of the business, I'd think.

Unless, of course, *enough* time passes and then they can do a 'reunion' of sorts. At the end of the day, it comes down to money I suspect. If they think they can make enough (or more) money doing it than anything else, they'll do it. If not... they won't. So the success of Sanctuary and (relative) success of SGU are likely to have backburnered an SG1 movie simply from a time and money standpoint.

Comment

Whether MS knows anything specific or not, it's fairly reasonable that, everything being even, an SG-1 movie is on the back burner.... The longer the time that passes before they make it, and the older everyone involved gets and the more involved with other successful projects (or.. you know.. anything), the less likely it is we'll see #3. That's probably been an unspoken (officially) reality for some time, and is sort of the nature of the business, I'd think.

Unless, of course, *enough* time passes and then they can do a 'reunion' of sorts.
        And even if they don't do a whole movie, they could do a scene within Universe that would absolutely, positively confirm things. I honestly, at this point, would be happy with that.
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Slightly disparaging comments ahead... all in good fun, I swear!
          Spoiler:
          1) I can't trust the word of a man who has to have artificial wings to fly.
          2) MS is in the dark because they decided to kill Daniel again. For good this time.</snark>
          3) The script has already been written, steamy love scene and all, and it *WILL* be produced eventually, even if I have to somehow collect that multi-billion dollar Euro-Lottery jackpot my Nigerian Prince Charming keeps telling me I only have 48 hours to collect so that I can produce it myself. In which case, another draft of the script will be written to add in that bonus scuba-diving-in-the-Gutter worthy love scene that is so hot it literally incinerates all memories of . The title will be Stargate: Resolution, and my All-The-Kisses-Left-On-The-Editing-Room-Floor special feature will also most definitely be included.

SG! MOVIE THREE WILL HAPPEN EVENTUALLY!!!
          SAM & JACK *WILL* FINALLY GET THEIR
          BIG HONKIN'
          NON-AU NON-ALTERNATE-TIMELINE NON-TIMELOOP NON-ALIEN-VIRUS/TECHNOLOGY/DRUG-INFLUENCED NON-IMAGINED-HALLUCINATION
          REAL! SAM & REAL! JACK
          *KISS*!!!!!
          Last edited by BrenRen; 08 February 2010, 04:24 PM.
          Love and hot fudge,
          Bren Ren
          ~
          My stories!
          ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
            And even if they don't do a whole movie, they could do a scene within Universe that would absolutely, positively confirm things. I honestly, at this point, would be happy with that.
            I once chatted this scene with a friend on YIM:
            Spoiler:
            LT Scott is sitting in Jack's office waiting for someone to come join them. He's looking at the pictures on Jack's desk as one is wont to do under those circumstances.

LT Scott points at one picture, "May I, sir?"

Jack says, "Be my guest."

Scott picks up the picture and looks at it, "Cute kid. He yours?"

Jack answers, smiling broadly, "Yeah..."

"That his mom?"

"Yup."

Scott stares at the picture curiously for a moment. "Is that..."

Jack's smile grows still wider and he repeats, "Yup. You didn't really think it actually took them an entire year to build the Hammond, did you?"

Scott was just about to answer when they were interupted by...
            Yeah.. I know.. only about 5% less subtle than they've been so far. But that's why it would work lol.

Comment

BIG HONKIN'
              NON-AU NON-ALTERNATE-TIMELINE NON-TIMELOOP NON-ALIEN-VIRUS/TECHNOLOGY/DRUG-INFLUENCED NON-IMAGINED-HALLUCINATION
              REAL! SAM & REAL! JACK
              *KISS*!!!!!
              Was that supposed to be spoilered?

Anyhow, in Universe, they have already proven a propensity for Big Honking Things--so maybe they'll do it there. That would actually make me want to watch it.
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

so would i.

in fact, they can do a commercial with sam and jack (as a couple) and i'd take it. and i'm not joking at this point.

so if the movie doesn't come to pass, maybe we'll get our s/j confirmation on sgu.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post

Unless, of course, *enough* time passes and then they can do a 'reunion' of sorts. At the end of the day, it comes down to money I suspect. If they think they can make enough (or more) money doing it than anything else, they'll do it. If not... they won't. So the success of Sanctuary and (relative) success of SGU are likely to have backburnered an SG1 movie simply from a time and money standpoint.

Hey, if Indy can come back after 2+ decades, I ain't never gonna give up hope for Sam & Jack!!!

Even if they look like this:

Love and hot fudge,
                  Bren Ren
                  ~
                  My stories!
                  ~

sigpic

Comment

Was that supposed to be spoilered?

Anyhow, in Universe, they have already proven a propensity for Big Honking Things--so maybe they'll do it there. That would actually make me want to watch it.
                    Ummm.... No. Why?

"Big Honking Things" in Universe? That's *almost* enough to make me want to watch it. But only almost. I'm still holding out. No Universe for me till Sam&Jack get their first REAL KISS!!!!
                    Love and hot fudge,
                    Bren Ren
                    ~
                    My stories!
                    ~

sigpic

Comment

"Hear, Hear" for Bren I think positive too!

*falls asleep*

*grabs penguin to sleep with *
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post

BIG HONKIN'
                        REAL! SAM & REAL! JACK
                        *KISS*!!!!!
                        i love you for this! and cannot agree with it more

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                        I once chatted this scene with a friend on YIM:
                        Spoiler:
                        LT Scott is sitting in Jack's office waiting for someone to come join them. He's looking at the pictures on Jack's desk as one is wont to do under those circumstances.

LT Scott points at one picture, "May I, sir?"

Jack says, "Be my guest."

Scott picks up the picture and looks at it, "Cute kid. He yours?"

Jack answers, smiling broadly, "Yeah..."

"That his mom?"

"Yup."

Scott stares at the picture curiously for a moment. "Is that..."

Jack's smile grows still wider and he repeats, "Yup. You didn't really think it actually took them an entire year to build the Hammond, did you?"

Scott was just about to answer when they were interupted by...
                        Yeah.. I know.. only about 5% less subtle than they've been so far. But that's why it would work lol.
                        ok wow, totally didnt see that scene!! wow. awesomeness haha

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        so would i.

in fact, they can do a commercial with sam and jack (as a couple) and i'd take it. and i'm not joking at this point.

so if the movie doesn't come to pass, maybe we'll get our s/j confirmation on sgu.
                        at this point, the only reason im watching SGU is becuase of the possible S/J moments. Im not sure how i would feel getting definitive confirmation on that show but that this point, i think i would take it
                        sigpic

Comment

Bren - I have to confess - if they're that old by the time we get confirmation, I'll take them simply sitting in rocking chairs. I don't think I can handle the BHK then... LOL

Comment

Ummm.... No. Why?

Just because there was a spoiler key above and it didn't work for me. So now I'm sad thinking that I missed one of your awesome comments.
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

Bren - I have to confess - if they're that old by the time we get confirmation, I'll take them simply sitting in rocking chairs. I don't think I can handle the BHK then... LOL
                              Well, if it takes me that long to get it produced, I'd probably utilize some good ol' Hollywood magic and snag one of those Editing Room Floor kisses and splice it together in a flashback scene that shows us their First REAL *KISS*.

You see, I have contingency plans for my contingency plans! Where there's a will, there's a Big Honkin' Kiss!!!
                              Love and hot fudge,
                              Bren Ren
                              ~
                              My stories!
                              ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                                Well, if it takes me that long to get it produced, I'd probably utilize some good ol' Hollywood magic and snag one of those Editing Room Floor kisses and splice it together in a flashback scene that shows us their First REAL *KISS*.

You see, I have contingency plans for my contingency plans! Where there's a will, there's a Big Honkin' Kiss!!!
                                sooo if you want help with these plans, count me in! hahaha i do need my BHK <3
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X