Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trupi View Post
    Emmerich is reaching out to the SG fandom to see in what direction would we like to see SG go.
    https://www.facebook.com/roland.emmerich
    He mentions this every so often when he's got nothing better to do. Personally I don't want to see Stargate without Sam, Teal'c etc. Emmerich didn't like the tv series and therefore any film he ever does would probably ignore 15 years of story-lines that we loved about the series.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
      He mentions this every so often when he's got nothing better to do. Personally I don't want to see Stargate without Sam, Teal'c etc. Emmerich didn't like the tv series and therefore any film he ever does would probably ignore 15 years of story-lines that we loved about the series.
      Luckily I don't think he will ever make another SG movie, he's just stuck in the past and he's still bitter for all the success SG1 got!
      sigpic
      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Just popped in to post this article before I go to bed...

Homer Simpson's Scary Maths Problems

I can just see Jack and Sam cuddling up on the sofa together to watch this with the biggest grins on their faces for entirely different reasons!

Happy Halloween!
        Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

I made a Stargate Pumpkin. It had a little accident, the edge of the ring broke, and because the pumpkin had softened from being lit for 5 hours whilst I was at work, it was difficult to get the top half of the ring to stay up properly. It's the gate, the ramp and an open wormhole.

This the reflection of my pumpkin in my conservatory window, I thought it looked really interesting.

Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
          If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Happy Halloween Shippers! Here is a wee treat to keep the tricks at bay!

sigpic
              My stories at fanfiction.net or archiveofourown.org.

Comment

so what do you Jack and Sam did tonight for Halloween? have a party and have Uncle Danny and Teal'c take them Trick or Treating while they set up for a party?

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Excelllent carving, nei - thanks for the ghost camera photo, A. Karswyll - love the Halloween gifs, Nola

~

created by fems & A Karswyll

Comment

Hi all! I just sent out Secret Santa assignments.

If you signed up and haven't received one, let me know.

Comment

Please post your answers to the following survey. Those who signed up for Secret Santa can use these answers to help them prepare a gift. For the rest of us, we just get to have fun learning everyone's preferences.

1. Where do you prefer to live, in the cavern of angst, on the fluff clouds or in the gutter?

2. What is your favorite Stargate episode?

3. What is your favorite S/J moment?

4. Do you have a favorite S/J pic, vid, and/or fic?(links?)

5. Is there a song, poem or quote that most reminds you of S/J?

6. Do you have a preference for fics, art or vids?

7. What is your favorite color(s)?

8. What is your favorite S/J hug?

9. What is your favorite S/J kiss?

10. Is there anything you really don't like?

11. Do you have a preference for cannon or AU?

12. Why are you an S/J shipper?

Comment

Here are my survey answers:

1. Where do you prefer to live, in the cavern of angst, on the fluff clouds or in the gutter?
                          I have a lovely little angst cave with a small skylight for a view of the fluffy clouds and a tiny drip of the gutter occasionally trickles in.

Lost City – This ep has it all: action, the team working together, shippiness with a large dose of angst. It just doesn’t get any better IMHO.

So hard to choose, but it would have to be “Always” from Threads

I love pretty much all S/J pics!!!!
                          I don’t watch vids enough to have a favorite.
                          I love Annerb’s DC Series or Rachel500’s A Pond with No Fish.

My favorite poems are The Sonnets from the Portuguese by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

I probably prefer fics. But I also appreciate good art, especially WPs because I’m not very good at making those myself (too much space to fill).

Air Force Blue!

Heroes

Point of View (I know I’m weird, but it’s sexy and there’s angst!)

No smut! I prefer a tease to a tramp.
                          I hate S/J breaking the regs. That’s just so OoC if you ask me.

I have to say that I generally tend to gravitate toward cannon or cannon friendly stories. Although I am perfectly happy to pretend that and Seasons 9 & 10 don’t exist.

I love the depth and complexity of S/J. They have a true friendship and respect for one another as well as an amazingly hot chemistry. I love the subtlety and the maturity of their relationship. I also like the fun and teasing between them and with their SGC family. It’s just the perfect ship!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            Hi all! I just sent out Secret Santa assignments.

If you signed up and haven't received one, let me know.
                            *Squeeeeeeeeeeeeees!*

Got my giftee!
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

My answers to the Secret Santa survey! They're pretty similar to the ones of last year because the questions are the same and I haven't really changed my mind since then!

The cavern of angst, near the gutter stream and every now and then I’ll rent a vacation home on the fluff clouds.

I find it very difficult to choose one, but if I focus on the S/J slant then I’d go for Threads, Heroes, Divide and Conquer and Beneath the Surface.

The force field scene in D&C and Jack’s confession during the zatarc test while looking at Sam. But I also like the touching moments when they give into their need to comfort the other (Death Knell, Beneath the Surface, Heroes and Threads come to mind).

I’m not much of an art person so I can’t really say I have favorite S/J art, although I do appreciate all the amazing things people can make. For vids I really enjoy the ones by akachan, Devilish Me, Chemmy and I’m sure there are others I’ve forgotten about. I don’t really go looking for them but always enjoy the many ones shared on Shippy holidays! For fics I’m really picky and find it hard to name a favorite.

The song that always reminds me of S/J is “Simple Together” by Alanis Morissette, just with the interpretation that they never had their chance rather than it not working out (unless we’re talking 2010 because it would definitely fit there!).
                              Spoiler:
                              You've been my golden best friend
                              Now with post-demise at hand
                              Can't go to you for consolation
                              Cause we're off limits during this transition

This grief overwhelms me
                              It burns in my stomach
                              And I can't stop bumping into things

I thought we'd be simple together
                              I thought we'd be happy together
                              Thought we'd be limitless together
                              I thought we'd be precious together
                              But I was sadly mistaken

You've been my soulmate and mentor
                              I remembered you the moment I met you
                              With you I knew god's face was handsome
                              With you I suffered an expansion

This loss is numbing me
                              It pierces my chest
                              And I can't stop dropping everything
                              [ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/alanis+..._20005448.html ]
                              I thought we'd be sexy together
                              Thought we'd be evolving together
                              I thought we'd have children together
                              I thought we'd be family together
                              But I was sadly mistaken

If I had a bill for all the philosophies I shared
                              If I had a penny for all the possibilities I presented
                              If I had a dime for every hand thrown up in the air
                              My wealth would render this no less severe

I thought we'd be genius together
                              I thought we'd be healing together
                              I thought we'd be growing together
                              Thought we'd be adventurous together
                              But I was sadly mistaken

Thought we'd be exploring together
                              Thought we'd be inspired together
                              I thought we'd be flying together
                              Thought we'd be on fire together
                              But I was sadly mistaken

Not really, I appreciate anything S/J. However, I will say that I’m not a sig person in that I won’t use an arty here, so if my Secret Santa wants to make me some art I would appreciate a different size/shape.

Dark blue, red (not bright but dark to cerise/burgundy), and purple (not lilac but darker). I don’t like bright green colors or lime but dark/petrol is okay. Peridot is, unfortunately, out of the question. Oh and I do like intense orange, not the pale kind.

Heroes because of the angst, although I’m very appreciative of the others as well!

Grace because of Sam's passion and with the exception of the alien-influenced one from The Broca Divide this is the first time we see the extent of her feelings for Jack. I do like the kiss from WoO too, though. Not so fond of the PoV kiss (wrong Sam!).

Clone!Fics! I detest them! And I totally blame the actor they used as Jack’s clone for that. Can’t stand that guy (and he’s way too unattractive to play a younger RDA!). Plus, I don’t really like the concept. Same for fics where Sam/Jack (or even Daniel) get turned into kids. Gah, hate them! Most also get freakishly close to either pedophilia or maternal/paternal feelings for the other.

Oh, I’m also not a fan of apoca!fics, crack!fics, new!SG-1 or SG-1Offspring!fics, and out-of-characterness and/or immaturity can really make my hackles rise. Yeah, Jack has an immature side to him but he’s not juvenile! Nor is he stupid. You don’t make colonel/general by being stupid.

Bad spelling, grammar and punctuation is also a big no-no for fics.

I also don’t like poems.

But other than that I’m easy to please. Really!

I like canon-friendly and AU divergence fics. There are some (real) AU fics I like but often I feel they fail to convey the character traits I love about both Sam and Jack.

Because of the sizzling chemistry between Sam and Jack and how honorable they both are, despite both clearly feeling lonely and wanting to be together at certain points. The respect and admiration between each other and the way they can convey so much with a single look! I also like how they are both individuals and don’t need the other to complete them, yet they complement each other very well. Both of them have imperfections as well and a great sense of humor, too.

It doesn’t hurt that they’re both very attractive and appealing in non-standard ways (no space babe with pretty boy).

They don’t make ‘em like that anymore!
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Please post your answers to the following survey. Those who signed up for Secret Santa can use these answers to help them prepare a gift. For the rest of us, we just get to have fun learning everyone's preferences.

I can live pretty much anywhere, but I like fluff, visiting the gutter (more often than I probably should) and I do like testing my favorite characters, they have to earn their happy endings.

Just one? My current favorites are Jolinar's Memories and The Devil You Know. Others are Cold Lazarus, Children of the Gods, Serpent's Song, D&C... Those are just the ones that I can think of right now!

The moment in D&C with the retesting of them being za'tarcs. And the line: "Because I care about her. A lot more than I'm supposed to."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0puA...22227&index=30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ8hp...7B776A80922227

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XpZA...65BD2&index=23

Songs: Could I Have This Kiss Forever, A Moment Like This, and Forever May Not Be Long Enough/

I prefer fics. I love reading what people come up with!

Blue, silver, and pine green.

The hug that Jack gives her when Jacob's dying in Season 8.

That's easy. The kiss from Grace.

and the killing of characters I like.

I like them both.

Because I like the chemistry between the two of them, and their spark never seems to go out.
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X