No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently making gifs from Zero Hour and for some reason I find this scene a wee bit shippy:

clickable thumbnail:

SG-1 is (im)patiently waiting for Jack, who is on the phone with George - but just look at his smile

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
      Is that Elizabeth she's blackmailing?

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
      I'm currently making gifs from Zero Hour and for some reason I find this scene a wee bit shippy:

clickable thumbnail:

http://www.an-c.dk/at/gateworld/sg1-...jack-thumb.jpg

SG-1 is (im)patiently waiting for Jack, who is on the phone with George - but just look at his smile
      I don't know if this is just in my head or not, but I always had the feeling Jack smiled a lot more at Sam during season 8. Not sure if it's because they spend more time on base together (well, on-screen anyway) and it was kinda tricky to smile at her all the time while in the field, or if it's because she's dating/engaged to someone else that he feels it's safe to smile at her. Or maybe it's in my head. That entirely possible as well, since it's been a long time since I've watched any episodes.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Why is she blackmailing Elizabeth?
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

To get Jack back. He's frozen in Antarctica and Elizabeth controls the only means of finding help for him. Sam will do whatever it takes to save him.

Comment

Because Sam wants to contact the Asgard to save Jack who is in stasis in Antarctica after saving the planet and destroying Anubis. They have a super teltac that Jack rigged when he was under the influence of the knowledge of the Ancients and Sam thinks she can fly it to where Thor is keeping the Replicators in a time dilation bubble (she knows the Asgard are monitoring that situation and will thus be nearby), but Weir is refusing her to to take the ship as it's the only advanced ship/tech they have now that Jack's in stasis and unable to operate the Ancient chair in Antarctica and Sam cannot guarantee that the engines won't fail on her trip and make the teltac (which is more advanced than anything the Goa'uld have, apparently) worthless.

So, Sam takes a leaf out of Weir's book and implies that she, Sam, as the foremost expert on alien technology is most likely the only one who can learn anything from the modified teltac and she might not be in the mood to do so if they won't let her contact the Asgard to help Jack. Weir is then forced to, reluctantly, allow her to take the ship and find Thor.

Sam and Teal'c take the teltac to Hala and find Thor and then there's a big problem with the human-form Replicators, a black hole and whatnot but Thor does manage to save Jack, who in turn creates the ARG.
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

The ARG is an anti replicator weapon, correct?
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Yep.
                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  what's wrong with that one?
                  There's nothing WRONG wrong with it. I mean, as a shipper, an episode about Daniel getting beat up by Vala in a Super Soldier suit just isn't my cup of tea. From a more objective viewpoint, it's just not of the same caliber as CotG, Urgo, 2010, WoO, Lost City, Heroes, etc.

By the way, 2010 is on now and I'm falling in love with it all over again. It's one of the strongest AU episodes they have. The S/J tension is so juicy!!

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                    There's nothing WRONG wrong with it. I mean, as a shipper, an episode about Daniel getting beat up by Vala in a Super Soldier suit just isn't my cup of tea. From a more objective viewpoint, it's just not of the same caliber as CotG, Urgo, 2010, WoO, Lost City, Heroes, etc.

By the way, 2010 is on now and I'm falling in love with it all over again. It's one of the strongest AU episodes they have. The S/J tension is so juicy!!
                    no argument from me on 2010. it's definitely one of my favorites as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                      I'm binging on Stargate on a SyFy Marathon!
                      how do you do that?

and what does that mean?

~i want to support stargate for mgm to see
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

SyFy is running an SG-1 marathon today. I've been watching since it started at 8 this morning
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi Shippers!

Shore Leave starts tomorrow. Amanda will be there. Can't wait to meet her!

Several of us will be at the convention. I thought a little shipper gathering would be in order. So if you are planning to be there for any part of the convention and I haven't talked to you about it yet send me a PM so we can be sure no one is left out.

Shipper Power!

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                            I sneaked a peek at the episode line up for today, and I approve of many of the selections. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how "Prometheus Unbound" made it into the rotation.
                            Two words. Daniel fans.

I don't think it really belonged in this line-up either. I think it should have been reserved for more team-y episodes, or episodes that at least included the whole team ... which Prometheus Unbound did not.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              Two words. Daniel fans.

I don't think it really belonged in this line-up either. I think it should have been reserved for more team-y episodes, or episodes that at least included the whole team ... which Prometheus Unbound did not.
                              prometheus unbound is on my top 5 eps to never watch again. abyss is on that list too, but only b/c it pains me to see that happen to jack.

here's the list, and i'll highlight what i'd not have included in red.

The Nox (nice ep, but i don't know why it's on the marathon list... )
                              The Fifth Race
                              Forever In A Day
                              Urgo
                              Crystal Skull
                              Window of Opportunity
                              Wormhole X-Treme! (it was, for me, an meh ep.)
                              Abyss (jack!! )
                              Heroes
                              Lost City
                              Prometheus Unbound (the anti stargate ep )
                              Threads
                              Moebius
                              Unending (well done, but a depressing mess of depression... and no jack or s/j!!)
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

I've been ousted from the marathon. I've been sneaking snippets all day as my family arrives/leaves, but now every one is home for the night, and my mom says "I don't feel bad because I know for a fact that you have them all on DVD."

That is SO not the point here, mom!!

I love watching with commercials. They don't show enough episodes nowadays. They used to show an episode at 4 or 5pm as part of their daily line up (this was how I stumbled across Solitudes, my first ever SG1 episode), but I don't think they do that anymore. Not enough room with all their paranormal hunting shows....

Comment

Working...
                                X