Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

sigpic

Comment

anybody going to watch the SG-1 marathon on Syfy tommrow?

Comment

Heck yeah! Except that it starts before I get off work And, I'm going to have to sleep at some point lol. But I'll have it running to go to sleep to (have to check and see if they've noted which eps they're playing) depending on if I like the ep or not lol

Comment

Just saw "Red Sky" today.

While it's not my favorite episode to watch, these days I'm watching EVERYTHING. And I discovered one of those moments where Jack actually reveals how smart he is....

Check this out! I found it shippy spoilered for length. Bolded by me for emphasis.

Spoiler:

INT—CARTER'S LAB
            [A simulation is shown on the computer screen. A light goes from Earth through a sun, and stops there, causing a reaction in the sun. Carter, Hammond, and O'Neill are there.]

I thought the odds of success for this scenario was one in a million, Major.

Yes, sir. But I now think that we can increase that estimate to one percent.
            [Carter looks at Hammond, who looks at O'Neill.]

It's your call, General. I only understand about one percent of what she says half the time.
            [Carter smiles.]

Run it by me again.
            [Carter goes to a whiteboard.]

(drawing on board)
            We send the Maclarium through the wormhole to K'Tau.
            (draws a wormhole coming from Earth to K'Tau)
            Now, based on the distance from Earth, and the rate of travel,

[O'Neill raises his eyebrows.]

I've tried to calculate the exact time we should shut down the gate
            (draws an X in the middle of the wormhole)
            so that the Maclarium stops short of reaching the planet
            (circles the X)
            and actually ends up in their sun.
            (draws rays like a picture of a sun)

I thought when something was in a wormhole, it existed only as…energy. That you needed another Stargate to turn it back into solid matter.

Actually, you're absolutely correct, sir.

(seconds later, amazed) I am?

Yes! (smiles) You see? It's the Stargate on the other side that actually reintegrates the matter into its pre-organized form.

[O'Neill looks back at Hammond with a huge grin on his face]

Without it the energy in the wormhole would rematerialize in its base form. Now, in the case of a person, that would be very bad, but in the case of an element, it shouldn't be a problem.

(still smiling, to Hammond, whispering) I was right!

Okay. You have a go, Major.

[O'Neill gets up, still smiling.]

So. BUSTED.
            So much for " I only understand about one percent of what she says half the time."

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
              I think I came across the 8 kids due to the Asgard fic, wasn't Sam pregnant with a 9th? I just remember closing it after blinking at the first chapter wondering if I'd read it right. I must have read the second chapter to see if it could get any worse - it did.
              I once read a fic where Sam would have a boyfriend, get pregnant then get dumped by said boyfriend. This happened at least 4 times. The fic starts with Jack meeting Sam after getting dumped by yet another boyfriend. As it turns out ALL of Sam's kids are full siblings with one father; Jack. Turns out some rogue Asgard was responsible for the mess and somehow messed with Sam's reproductive organs with a contribution from Jack.

I wonder if it the same fic you're talking about.
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                Three sets of triplets? How did I miss this earlier. Wow, frightening, very glad I haven't come across a fic like that. TBH if I had triplets I'd be having every form of contraception going to prevent another pregnancy, I assume Sam, being intelligent and career minded, would do the same. 9 kids is scary, three babies at a time is a terrifying prospect. Surely multiple foetus pregnancies start getting dangerous after you've had one multiple birth?

Sorry, reading too much into it. My logical mind screaming all the reasons why it's daft.

I think I came across the 8 kids due to the Asgard fic, wasn't Sam pregnant with a 9th? I just remember closing it after blinking at the first chapter wondering if I'd read it right. I must have read the second chapter to see if it could get any worse - it did.
                9 kids? that's a little...over the top if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  9 kids? that's a little...over the top if you ask me.
                  Just a little..if they were 8 it was okay, but no, no, they wanted another one.
                  sigpic

Comment

i could see them having one maybe two if they got together right after Threads. but the only way i could see them having more than three is if they got together during the early years of the program.

Comment

Eeh, i was just kidding. I agree that two kids would be just fine. A boy and a girl if possible.
                      sigpic

Comment

There are many stories out there with twins, triplets, a dozen or so. Tend to tune out on those, unless it's extremely well written. I agree that two seems nice. Do you know if anyone has done a story about Jack becoming a father again, but is concerned cause of what happened to Charlie? Real angsty stuff?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Ryan View Post
                          There are many stories out there with twins, triplets, a dozen or so. Tend to tune out on those, unless it's extremely well written. I agree that two seems nice. Do you know if anyone has done a story about Jack becoming a father again, but is concerned cause of what happened to Charlie? Real angsty stuff?
                          I normally steer clear of the ones with kids, but I got hooked by a story by MissParker on AO3. It's a four parter. It's an AU too and rated appropriately so be warned! I loved it though - really amazing. *sigh*

Spoilered because of the rating:

sigpic
                          sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Originally posted by Starship Trooper View Post
                            I normally steer clear of the ones with kids, but I got hooked by a story by MissParker on AO3. It's a four parter. It's an AU too and rated appropriately so be warned! I loved it though - really amazing. *sigh*

Spoilered because of the rating:

I liked only the first 2 parts because I prefer for them to have normal kids.
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                              I liked only the first 2 parts because I prefer for them to have normal kids.
                              I don't know... Abnormal is normal for Jack and Sam. It kinda works for me that their children would be special.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Originally posted by Starship Trooper View Post
                                I don't know... Abnormal is normal for Jack and Sam. It kinda works for me that their children would be special.
                                Spoiler:
                                I would not want Ellie's gift. It is impossible to have a normal life.
                                sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X