No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops, how sily of me. I forgot we're not in the same country. Too bad i can't enjoy the marathon.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      that rather disappoints me - Sam is a very strong, capable woman who doesn't NEED to be married to raise her child.
      That's my thought as well. Apparentlly since the AF frowns on single parenthood (spec. unmarried mothers, who are in the AF), the author must have felt that Sam really needed to have a husband to make things better. In the stories I read where Sam and Daniel get married in those circumstances, they sleep in separate rooms and don't have a physical relationship, because they still think of themselves more as brother and sister.
      Last edited by hedwig; 31 July 2013, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        NOTE: For all who have the time and who get Syfy - tomorrow Syfy is running a 22 hr. marathon of SG1. Yay!
        Yay!
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

that rather disappoints me - Sam is a very strong, capable woman who doesn't NEED to be married to raise her child.
          I agree with you on this one, Nola.

Comment

very cool! Thanks for the heads-up Just checking - it starts at 8 Eastern
            It starts at 5 a.m. Pacific time.

Comment

That's my thought as well. Apparentlly since the AF frowns on single parenthood (spec. unmarried mothers, who are in the AF), the author must have felt that Sam really needed to have a husband to make things better. In the stories I read where Sam and Daniel get married in those circumstances, they sleep in separate rooms and don't have a physical relationship, because they still think of themselves more as brother and sister.
              well, for all their good points, the militaries of this world are still old boys clubs in many ways. Finally got rid of "don't ask, don't tell", perhaps one day we can hope to get rid of misogenism and sexism too along with the archaic notion that it is mainly a woman's job to raise a child (and not just in the military!)
              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

I'd like to ask that we go back to discussing Stargate and Sam and Jack. There are those of us who are offended by this denigration of the family and motherhood. You don't have to agree with me, but don't just assume everyone agrees with you.

Comment

sam doesn't *need* that, i totally agree. sometimes ppl hook up for companionship reasons, though.

i didn't read the fic <snip>, but i'm not surprised at all that it went in this direction. the next story will prob be sam having triplets with pete, or a big wedding scene, where we find out jack is marrying janet and not sam. the possibilities are endless...
                  Last edited by Skydiver; 31 July 2013, 05:08 PM.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                    I'd like to ask that we go back to discussing Stargate and Sam and Jack. There are those of us who are offended by this denigration of the family and motherhood. You don't have to agree with me, but don't just assume everyone agrees with you.
                    I don't assume everyone agrees, it's just my opinion. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

I'm not convinced Sam would ever marry Daniel if Jack died. I also find the idea of a Sam/Jack fic featuring a Sam/Daniel marriage a little bizarre. But then Sam/Daniel ain't my thing!
                    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      sam doesn't *need* that, i totally agree. sometimes ppl hook up for companionship reasons, though.

i didn't read the fic {Snipped }, but i'm not surprised at all that it went in this direction. the next story will prob be sam having triplets with pete, or a big wedding scene, where we find out jack is marrying janet and not sam. the possibilities are endless...
                      there are stories where Jack has married Janet. There are also stories where Sam has triplets, quintuplets, quadruplets. In fact, there's at least one story where Sam has three sets of triplets. I tend to avoid stories like those. In one story, she wound up having eight babies. But the Asgard were somehow responsible for that one.

There are also stories where Sam and Jack have an over the top wedding, with Sam in a wedding dress that would suit a wealthy person in the 1800's. And she has 8 or 9 bridesmaids. I think maybe that's what the author would want rather than them thinking that's what Sam would want.
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 31 July 2013, 10:27 PM. Reason: snipped requote.

Comment

I was bored and randomly googling Samantha Carter and I found loads of Sam/Jack wedding images. It was quite frightening how many came up.
                        Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                        If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                          I don't assume everyone agrees, it's just my opinion. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

I'm not convinced Sam would ever marry Daniel if Jack died. I also find the idea of a Sam/Jack fic featuring a Sam/Daniel marriage a little bizarre. But then Sam/Daniel ain't my thing!
                          First off, I already said that I liked the fic, and while I can understand the concept of Sam and Daniel doing this, I also agree with AmberLM that it is highly unlikely that they would marry, especially cuz they're already so close that Daniel would be "Uncle Daniel" anyways. So, Sam would probably be a single mom unless she found another love (not that anyone could ever replace Jack!). But, I think the tone of the fic definitely tells you that Sam is in love with Jack not Daniel and whatever the reasons for marrying Daniel are insignificant for the purposes of the fic.

I have a great respect for all single moms. Being a mom is hard work! I am lucky enough to have someone to share that burden with me, but have several friends who have raised their kids alone. They definitely put the super in supermom!
                          sigpic

----------
                          FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

There are also stories where Sam and Jack have an over the top wedding, with Sam in a wedding dress that would suit a wealthy person in the 1800's. And she has 8 or 9 bridesmaids. I think maybe that's what the author would want rather than them thinking that's what Sam would want.
                            i think that's what a lot of us do.

(8 babies? )
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Being a mom *is* hard work. I know that I haven't been the easiest kid to raise.
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

there are stories where Jack has married Janet. There are also stories where Sam has triplets, quintuplets, quadruplets. In fact, there's at least one story where Sam has three sets of triplets. I tend to avoid stories like those. In one story, she wound up having eight babies. But the Asgard were somehow responsible for that one.

This is quite a bit too out there for me - Asgard or not!
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X