Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three Days 'til Ship Day!
    (continued again)

I’d better go and figure out which one of my new outfits I’m going to wear to this lovely Ship Day party for Sam and her yummy General that’s happening in just three days.

Vala, it doesn’t matter what you wear to an online party; its virtual . . .

Wait a minute. What General?

I’ll help you.

Is there something you two aren’t telling me?

Maybe Teal’c knows what’s really going on.

Comment

Just posted all ten of my drabbles on FF.Net.

Comment

I'd like to give to everybody lots of GREEN. This is the only forum where there are only nice folks!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          i really don't like the formatting issues i'm having with fanfiction.net. i upload (or c/p) the drabble, then edit, but when i save, all the editing i did is gone. i'm just trying to break up the single line spacing. what am i supposed to do to make the double spacing save???
          Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
          You can't have double line spacing on ffnet.
          Chemmy beat me to it. No double line spacing on FFnet and to be fair, you don't really need it unless it's to indicate a new scene/pov but you indicate that by using the horizontal line, a period, asterisks or whatever. I would have preferred a double line space between the prompt and the first line of the drabble (I did do that on AO3) but normally you don't need to add a prompt at the start of a chapter. Perhaps a chapter title but you can already give your chapters titles, so...
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            Just posted all ten of my drabbles on FF.Net.
            Good Idea. Just did the same and realized I haven't done my Obsession drabble....Whoops.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
              Thank you!

Here's my one for To Oz. I'm sorry, I've broken the rules! It's a little long...

Spoiler:
              Sam wondered for the hundredth time how she'd managed to let Daniel and Teal'c talk her into letting them have a Halloween party in her house. She sat on the front steps, nursing a whiskey sour. Daniel had put something in it that was disconcertingly green, and more than a little off-putting. She put the cup down and glared at it.

She heard the door open and close. Music spilled out momentarily and suddenly there were a pair of legs hovering by her shoulder. She didn't look up, but glanced across at the shoes attached to the legs. Standard military issue. But was that… straw? What the…?

She looked up then. The floppy hat hid most of his face. He grinned at her. Or was that a grimace?

"Hi Sir!" She beamed. "Having fun?"

"Yeahsureyoubetcha"

Definitely a grimace. He made no attempt to move.

"Sir, why don't you sit? You're giving me a crick-in-the-neck."

"Actually, I'd rather you stand Carter." He offered her his hand.

Now she was confused, but she accepted his hand and he hauled her to her feet. She straightened her dress and threw him a questioning look. "Sir?"

"I was hoping we could get the hell out of Dodge."

"Wrong movie sir." She smiled, watching his eyes follow her outfit all the way down to the shoes. Red ones.

"Ah. Dorothy, eh?"

"And you must be…?"

"Funny Carter."

"Your car or mine sir?"

"Yours. I can't picture Dorothy and Scarecrow riding around in a shiny, black, truck."

"But a classic Volvo is better?"

"Yeah, well, your house looks kinda… occupied, and I don't believe any twisters were forecast for this evening."

Sam ducked her head and tried so hard not to laugh. "Let's go."

"Don't you need to go get your keys?" He looked puzzled. She fished her keys out of the little pocket in her dress. His eyes widened in surprise. "You've been planning your getaway all along!"

"We going or what?" She tilted her head defiantly and smirked at him. She could see his jaw tighten, but he had that glint in his eye. She turned on her heal and he followed her silently across the street to where the car was parked. They climbed in.

Suddenly, Sam felt very uncertain. "Should we invite the rest of the gang sir?"

"Nah, I think Dorothy and Scarecrow should fly solo on this one. And lose the 'sir', Dorothy." His tone was flippant. She regarded him minutely and caught his eye. Not a hint of a grimace on his face now, and she smiled to match his.

"Where to then?"

"To Oz!" He crowed.
              sigpic
              sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Originally posted by Starship Trooper View Post
                Thank you!

Here's my one for To Oz. I'm sorry, I've broken the rules! It's a little long...

Spoiler:
                Sam wondered for the hundredth time how she'd managed to let Daniel and Teal'c talk her into letting them have a Halloween party in her house. She sat on the front steps, nursing a whiskey sour. Daniel had put something in it that was disconcertingly green, and more than a little off-putting. She put the cup down and glared at it.

She heard the door open and close. Music spilled out momentarily and suddenly there were a pair of legs hovering by her shoulder. She didn't look up, but glanced across at the shoes attached to the legs. Standard military issue. But was that… straw? What the…?

She looked up then. The floppy hat hid most of his face. He grinned at her. Or was that a grimace?

"Yeahsureyoubetcha"

Now she was confused, but she accepted his hand and he hauled her to her feet. She straightened her dress and threw him a questioning look. "Sir?"

"Wrong movie sir." She smiled, watching his eyes follow her outfit all the way down to the shoes. Red ones.

"Ah. Dorothy, eh?"

"And you must be…?"

"Funny Carter."

"Your car or mine sir?"

"Yours. I can't picture Dorothy and Scarecrow riding around in a shiny, black, truck."

"Yeah, well, your house looks kinda… occupied, and I don't believe any twisters were forecast for this evening."

"Don't you need to go get your keys?" He looked puzzled. She fished her keys out of the little pocket in her dress. His eyes widened in surprise. "You've been planning your getaway all along!"

"We going or what?" She tilted her head defiantly and smirked at him. She could see his jaw tighten, but he had that glint in his eye. She turned on her heal and he followed her silently across the street to where the car was parked. They climbed in.

"Nah, I think Dorothy and Scarecrow should fly solo on this one. And lose the 'sir', Dorothy." His tone was flippant. She regarded him minutely and caught his eye. Not a hint of a grimace on his face now, and she smiled to match his.

"Where to then?"

"To Oz!" He crowed.
                Brilliant!
                sigpic
                Sig made by Nola
                Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Originally posted by Starship Trooper View Post
                  Thank you!

Spoiler:

"Yeahsureyoubetcha"

"Ah. Dorothy, eh?"

"And you must be…?"

"Funny Carter."

"Your car or mine sir?"

"Where to then?"

"To Oz!" He crowed.
                  Fabulous. Keep writing!
                  Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                  If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Ryan View Post
                    Good Idea. Just did the same and realized I haven't done my Obsession drabble....Whoops.
                    Still time. I've only edited prompts 1 and 2. I can still add to the later sections. But I'll be working my way through a few more sections today.

I'm still hopeful of producing something of my own for Ship Day; although I don't know where I'll steal the time.

Anyone have a time loop machine handy?

Comment

I happen to have one, but unfortunately i don't understand ancient so i need somebody to translate the keyboard so that i can handle it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Last drabble drop, and it seems I have been tackle huggled so I can stick around and catch up on all the drabbles I've had to ignore because of no time to enjoy them all!

Ten Day Drabble Prompt #10 – Obsession – Rated K

Spoiler:
                          Sam was aware throughout the day as she spoke, laughed, and smiled with family and friends of the weight of the wedding band now worn on her finger. She couldn't help obsessively touching it either, whether a rub from her thumb beneath or the fingers of her other hand reading the shape of the stones on top.

It was not an obtrusive weight, like a shackle, but a like warm hug that was as golden as it was. And each touch was an anchor in reality that she almost couldn't believe had finally come true—she and Jack were married.

Now, back to page 2347 I go.
                          sigpic
                          My stories at fanfiction.net or archiveofourown.org.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                            Drabble Prompt #1
                            Have a Little Faith

Spoiler:

It had been five years since his first invitation and they were finally at his cabin.

They both knew it was time to talk.

The wooden deck creaked when Jack came to stand next to her.

“Now what?” Sam asked.

“We give it a go.”

Sam's eyes widened when he put a small box on the balustrade. “Jack?”

“Just want you to know it’s on the table.”

“But we’ll be in different states and don’t even know if–”

“I know.”

“How?”

His smile was warm and loving as he slipped his hand in hers. “Have a little faith, Carter.”

Who's next?
                            I just love that Jack is the one with the faith in them, in this little piece. And SJ_green.gif 'cause my fridge is locked for you.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            I really like! SJ_green.gif

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            My first drabble.

Faith Drabble
                            Spoiler:

Jack O’Neill was never one for having faith.

He never had faith after his son Charlie died.

He never had faith when he and Sara got divorced.

He never had faith after his best friend Charles Kawalsky was taken over by a goa’uld and was killed by Teal’c.

His faith returned a little bit when he met Skaara but then that faith was taken from him when him and the Abydonians were killed.

But for as long as he lived he had to have some faith to know that the blonde Lieutenant Colonel / Doctor astrophysicist he loved would say yes to his proposal.

He just had to have a little faith.
                            Sad and uplifting. SJ_green.gif

Caught up with the first Have A Little Faith drabbles and I can't wait to see how Busted inspired everyone.
                            sigpic
                            My stories at fanfiction.net or archiveofourown.org.

Comment

Perhaps a bit off-topic, but considering I only read S/J fanfic maybe not so much for me Is anyone else annoyed with the new update on FFnet? As if the four instead of two characters wasn't aggravating and often misleading enough (like fics having Jack attached because Sam is dumping him for someone else), they now have a new and extremely annoying filter system! Argh!

*needs cheering up*

On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
                                Brilliant!
                                Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                                Fabulous. Keep writing!
                                Wow! Thank you both!

This is Irregular Orbit. It was a bit of a struggle. Don't quote me on the science!

Spoiler:
                                They'd been travelling through space for what felt like forever. Jack snapped the screen on his Gameboy Advance shut and tossed it towards his pack, which was perched open-mouthed against the bulk-head of the tel'tak. He missed his mark completely and the console clattered across the floor.

Jack winced. Teal'c shot him a look. It was the 'condescending' eyebrow, as opposed to the 'puzzled' or 'teasing' one. Jack knew them all. He didn't like the condescending one. Even Teal'c, normally patient and stoic, seemed to be getting cabin fever.

Since they'd dropped out of hyperspace, Daniel and Carter had been busying themselves by discussing the various planetary bodies in the immediate vicinity. Jack watched Carter's hands. The speed of their movement seemed to synchronise with the level of excitement in her voice. Calm and mellow tones matched slow, smooth, movements. A rising pitch accompanied frantic darting. They made Jack think of little birds. Swallows, maybe.

She started drawing circular shapes in the air with the tip of her index finger, talking about regular and irregular orbits and gravitational effects. Jack listened. He always listened to Carter – he just didn't always have time to hear all the details. But he had nothing but time at the moment, so what the heck?

He sat quietly, back up against the wall, knees up a little, and started picturing himself as an orbiting moon circling a planetary body. In his reverie, Carter was definitely the planetary body, and he was bound by her gravity. Captured. Never quite able, or willing, to escape.

"Sir?"

"Huh?"

Apparently, he'd been a little too quiet. Or he'd been watching her a little too attentively. Yep. Judging by the look on her face, she thought he was pretty irregular too.
                                sigpic
                                sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Working...
                                X