No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright Shippers, it's time to begin our Drabble Challenge!

Ten Drabbles in Ten Days!

Remember, this doesn't have to be hard. Just a fun little scene/story in 100 words or less. Post them here whenever the muse strikes you (or you strike it)! I'll post a new prompt every 24 hours or so for the next ten days.

Drabble Prompt #1
    Have a Little Faith

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
      Hows the writing going J4S? I'm 1400 words into my first draft of my chapter 1.
      I'm just about to upload chapter 5. IT WAS HELL. Never have I struggled so much. Took me like 12 hours to write like 3700 words. And I know Brendini hates this, but it's 2 in the morning and I really hope it makes sense. My brain isn't really processing very well and could barely keep my eyes open to read it over. I read it over three times, and edited, but at this time of day I wonder if I'm actually adding mistakes.
      The password is fishing...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
        I'm just about to upload chapter 5. IT WAS HELL. Never have I struggled so much. Took me like 12 hours to write like 3700 words. And I know Brendini hates this, but it's 2 in the morning and I really hope it makes sense. My brain isn't really processing very well and could barely keep my eyes open to read it over. I read it over three times, and edited, but at this time of day I wonder if I'm actually adding mistakes.
        Maybe it would be better to sleep on it and look it over once you're refreshed. Then post it after that.
        Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
        If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Maybe it would be better to sleep on it and look it over once you're refreshed. Then post it after that.
          Too late. It took up my entire day, it's not getting tomorrow too! *shakes fist* Chapter 6 will probably do that. Haha. Love it. Really.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

Drabble Challenge

Time to get out the whip and start crackin' it over all those Shippy Muses lazing around out there. What's a Drabble? It's a short work of fiction of 100 words or less. It can be humorous or sad. It can be prose or poetry. I will give you a daily prompt and wait for the S/J goodness to come rolling in. The challenge is to write Ten Drabbles in Ten Days. It may sound like a lot but I know some of you write that much over breakfast. Post your drabbles on the thread and send them to me for compilation into a Master Volume of Collected Shipper Works. (It just might become standard reading at Shipper U! If you are not yet enrolled in Shipper U, open enrollment begins on July 28th on the Ship Day thread.) Write as many as you would like. If you can't do ten write one. If your muse is on a tear write more. Even if you don't consider yourself a writer give it a whirl. It's all in fun. If words aren't your thing post a pic, a gif or a song that fits the theme.

And remember to HAVE FUN!!!!
              + = ALWAYS
              When are we 'allowed' to upload them to our own accounts? Do all ten at once on Ship Day or one every day? Just asking because I don't remember what we did last year, although I'm more inclined to upload them on Ship Day itself or later...
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                When are we 'allowed' to upload them to our own accounts? Do all ten at once on Ship Day or one every day? Just asking because I don't remember what we did last year, although I'm more inclined to upload them on Ship Day itself or later...
                I think last year we waited until Ship Day and uploaded them all together.

However, since everyone is encouraged to post them here as they are written, if someone wants to upload them to their own accounts each day I don't see it as a problem.

I leave that up to the individual authors.

I will again make a compilation at the end of the challenge. Anyone who doesn't want to be included in that compilation, just send me a PM.

Comment

Ooh, I'll leave it until I get to work, we usually have no customers so it'll give me something to look forward to

Just wrote my first drabble too!
                  Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Just wrote my first drabble too!
                    Post it!

Comment

Okay, my very first attempt at a drabble.

She had faith she would find a way to get her Colonel back. He disappeared before her eyes in a flash of blue and purple. She pushed her team and fought tooth and nail to keep them working.

She had faith she would find out where he was. Scans revealed nothing on the planet's surface but she knew he was out there somewhere, waiting for her, depending on her to get him home.

He had faith she would find him and bring him back where he belonged - by her side, his faithful 21C.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

Drabble Challenge

Time to get out the whip and start crackin' it over all those Shippy Muses lazing around out there. What's a Drabble? It's a short work of fiction of 100 words or less. It can be humorous or sad. It can be prose or poetry. I will give you a daily prompt and wait for the S/J goodness to come rolling in. The challenge is to write Ten Drabbles in Ten Days. It may sound like a lot but I know some of you write that much over breakfast. Post your drabbles on the thread and send them to me for compilation into a Master Volume of Collected Shipper Works. (It just might become standard reading at Shipper U! If you are not yet enrolled in Shipper U, open enrollment begins on July 28th on the Ship Day thread.) Write as many as you would like. If you can't do ten write one. If your muse is on a tear write more. Even if you don't consider yourself a writer give it a whirl. It's all in fun. If words aren't your thing post a pic, a gif or a song that fits the theme.

And remember to HAVE FUN!!!!
                        + = ALWAYS
                        Great! I could do with a little distraction, as I had a little accident today and have to stay seated as far as possible.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
                          Too late. It took up my entire day, it's not getting tomorrow too! *shakes fist* Chapter 6 will probably do that. Haha. Love it. Really.
                          You have absolutely nothing to worry about with Chapter 5. It's great.

Comment

She had faith she would find a way to get her Colonel back. He disappeared before her eyes in a flash of blue and purple. She pushed her team and fought tooth and nail to keep them working.

She had faith she would find out where he was. Scans revealed nothing on the planet's surface but she knew he was out there somewhere, waiting for her, depending on her to get him home.

He had faith she would find him and bring him back where he belonged - by her side, his faithful 21C.
                            SJ_green.gif
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Love it

This is my first year as a shipper but already now I foresee that the worst part of reading these wonderful drabbles is going to be "where's the rest of the story, I'd really like to know how it's going to end"

Comment

GREENNNNNN

Very nice

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                                Great! I could do with a little distraction, as I had a little accident today and have to stay seated as far as possible.
                                Sorry. At least you're in the best position to write 10 drabbles

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                                Love it

This is my first year as a shipper but already now I foresee that the worst part of reading these wonderful drabbles is going to be "where's the rest of the story, I'd really like to know how it's going to end"

Very true LOL.
                                sigpic
                                sig by Mada
                                As a matter of FIC

Comment

Working...
                                X