Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To LCJS:

You dwell deep in the cave, my friend.

I love me some angst, but since I'm not a big fan of AU I prefer to think of it as a genre for happy fluffy things that could never happen in cannon. Like lots of random kissing between Sam & Jack when no one's looking.

That said, if you feel a story you should definitely let it out. I woke up this morning with a Ship Day ficlet almost fully formed in my head.

If only I could spend the whole day working on shippy things for the upcoming holiday.

Comment

Speaking of the upcoming holiday . . .

Nine Days 'til Ship Day!

Cassie, why am in this wedding dress?

Cassie: Because Sam, there’s only nine days to Ship Day and we have to find you the perfect outfit.

I don’t think this is it.

Cassie: Are you kidding? This dress has “Squeeeeee” written all over it!

Cassie: Fine. If you don’t like that one, try this.

Cassie, I didn’t like this dress the first time I wore it!

Cassie: But Sam, Jack said you looked great and he even called you “Samantha!”
      If that doesn’t scream fluff, I don’t know what does.

Can’t we try something a little more down to earth?

Cassie: Fine.

Well, this is a little more like it.

But I don’t see what’s shippy about my uniform.

Cassie: Are you kidding? Love at first sight, Sam.

Cassie: It’s so romantic.

Comment

Nine Days 'til Ship Day!
        (continued)

Maybe I should just go with jeans and a t-shirt.

Cassie: Jack, help me out here. Sam doesn’t like any of the outfits
        I’ve pick out for her to wear for Ship Day.

Oh, I know exactly what Carter should be wearing for Ship Day.

Sir, I don’t care what the Shippy Hippies do; I am not going to this party nekkid.

Wouldn’t dream of it, Carter.

Well, maybe in my dreams.

But I’ve got two words for you, Carter.

Tank Top.

Now that’s more like it!

Comment

Nine Days 'til Ship Day!
          (continued)

Jeans and a sweater it is.

D’oh!

Look at it this way, Sir, it’s what I wore the first time we went fishing.

Cassie: Squeeeeeeeeee!

Comment

I'm so excited about how many people have contributed to the drabble challenge. Last year we had eleven shippers join in. This year we have 19 and counting.

We're coming into the home stretch now (and I'm a little behind, but I'll get there); so don't lose steam now. Keep up the amazing work shippers!

Ten Drabbles in Ten Days!

Remember, this doesn't have to be hard. Just a fun little scene/story in 100 words or less. Post them here whenever the muse strikes you (or you strike it)! I'll post a new prompt every 24 hours or so for the next ten days.

Drabble Prompt #7
            Triumph

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
              My Moment in Time drabble.

Spoiler:
              Drabble Prompt #6
              A Moment in Time

They were sitting in the usual fishing spot, at the lake behind the cabin. It was dark and new moon,and they simply looked up the sky. Suddenly a shooting star crossed the sky. And another. “I know, this time of year that must be the….!” “Carter, just watch.” She relaxed, and for a long moment in time they forgot what they knew about all the things up there and simply enjoyed the beauty and the majesty of the sky.
              sigpic

Comment

Drabble Prompt #6
                A Moment in Time

Spoiler:

The briefing with Hayes about the alternate reality Sam had visited recently was the perfect excuse to spend some time with her husband. Jack had been surprised by her visit but eagerly left his dinner preparations to reacquaint himself with her in the bedroom.

Now, both of them were spent and curled up in bed together.

Jack was the first to break the silence. “So, where was I?”

“You?”

He nodded. “Yeah, we’re always together in those alternate realities.”

“I got a glimpse of a time where everything was wrong,” Sam said softly. “I guess I didn’t want to know.”
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Argh!!!! I hate that I know what to write but I can do it at work!
                  sigpic
                  My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Triumph Drabble
                    Spoiler:

10 minutes
                    Come on you stupid computer
                    9 minutes
                    “Right! Yasureyabetcha I’m on a roll!”
                    8 minutes
                    Could do with some pie though
                    7 minutes
                    “Can’t chat now Daniel, I’m in a hurry to…”
                    6 minutes
                    Still got plenty of time
                    5 minutes
                    Just a quick change and I’m ready
                    4 minutes
                    Maybe I could swing by Mess for some pie
                    3 minutes
                    “Do’h no time”
                    2 minutes
                    “Excuse me George”
                    “Colonel, What are you doing out of uniform?”
                    “Handing you my resignation”
                    “You’re resigning?. What for?”
                    “So I can do this!”

1 minute
                    Triumph!
                    FLASH
                    “What are you smiling at?”
                    sigpic

Comment

Victorious prompt

Apopis turned from the viewscreen. He was angry. He always seemed to be angry at these damn humans. And SG-1 was the worst of them! Since his First Prime had defected to them, he had spent considerable time formulating the appropriate punishment for such treachery.
                      Now this! Did they think that mother ships were in unlimited supply?
                      He had to admit it, though, this time SG-1 was victorious.

sigpic

Comment

I have no idea where this one came from because it is so unlike me, but my muse insisted.

Seeking Solace

Spoiler:
                        It had been three weeks since Daniel died . . . Ascended . . . whatever. Jack only knew his friend was gone and it hurt, more than he would ever admit.

So he had pushed on. Forced the team on missions they weren’t ready to handle. Kept everyone at a distance, including Carter – especially Carter.

But every man reaches a breaking point when he can’t handle one more stab of the gut wrenching knife of grief and guilt. The night Jack finally broke he found himself at her door.

When she saw him standing there she just knew. She opened her arms and he fell into them.

Soon his lips were on hers. Fingers tangled in her hair. He devoured her like the starved man he was, seeking to fill the emptiness in his soul.

He knew it was wrong but he needed it. He needed her. And she knew that and so she didn’t stop him.

They gave each other solace through the night.
                        Last edited by hlndncr; 19 July 2013, 07:28 AM.

Comment

very nice hlndcr!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            I have no idea where this one came from because it is so unlike me, but my muse insisted.

Seeking Solace

Spoiler:
                            It had been three weeks since Daniel died . . . Ascended . . . whatever. Jack only knew his friend was gone and it hurt, more than he would ever admit.

So he had pushed on. Forced the team on missions they weren’t ready to handle. Kept everyone at a distance, including Carter – especially Carter.

But every man reaches a breaking point when he can’t handle one more stab of the gut wrenching knife of grief and guilt. The night Jack finally broke he found himself at her door.

When she saw him standing there she just knew. She opened her arms and he fell into them.

Soon his lips were on hers. Fingers tangled in her hair. He devoured her like the starved man he was, seeking to fill the emptiness in his soul.

He knew it was wrong but he needed it. He needed her. And she knew that and so she didn’t stop him.

The gave each other solace through the night.
                            Virtual green!
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Who are you using for the pictures of Cassie?
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                                Who are you using for the pictures of Cassie?
                                Colleen Rennison who played Cassandra in Rite of Passage (and Ally in Bane).
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X