Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hbt123 View Post
    Oh have no fear, I definitely did!
    good haha! im glad your converting him though!

SamJackShipper93 that would be quite the epic fanfic!
    sigpic
    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      I'm thinking his flippancy will annoy her, but since he usually uses it as a stress reliever, and since we all know that they will be FISHING to relieve their stress together, I'm thinking he won't be as sarcastic after the FISHING begins.
      I actually think that since Season 8, while a lot of people think Jack's character has changed and become more serious and less Jack-like, I actually think what we're seeing is a decrease in sarcasm and self-deprecating humor precisely because he *is* with Sam and so doesn't need to hide behind humor anymore. so.. exactly what you said.
      Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
      i totally concur with all of that except that i see Sam as more of a reader than a television watcher when she isnt being a work-a-holic
      I agree, and think that could be one of their advantages.. I always have this picture of him sitting on the couch and her lying next to him using his head as a pillow reading....

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post

Sam:
      Hard to say... She's just always been so... amused by his... antics, shall we say, that it's hard to see her annoyed by them now that the gettin's good. There have been occasions, though, when his inability to take things seriously, on the surface at least, that she gets a bit irked. I can see this being tested in a full-time romantic relationship environment.

Jack:
      Yes, Sam's still a workaholic, but as Jenn recently pointed out, they made a point of showing how Sam has changed in that respect, that spending the night in her lab had become something of a foreign concept. But he'll probably never develop much patience in listening to her in-depth technobabble ramblings. But now he can just shut her up with a kiss when he finds it so *hot* he just can't resist!
      I tend to think these would be the two areas where simply being together would tend to have decreased their tendancy towards. As you say, we see on the show itself post-Threads Sam is less of a workaholic (starting even in Moebius when Jack *makes* her go fishing instead of staying in the lab playing with the ZPM) And as i said before, Jack is also less flippant and more serious starting right away in Avalon, too.

The interesting thing about Sam and Jack, really, is oddly they really do know each other well enough and have spent enough time together intimately (not physically.. just day in and day out being together and seeing the worst of each other) that by S8 I think they've probably worked through most of that even without having been married. One of the reasons I can't see much reason in them 'getting to know each other' through dating...

Another moment I love which I think shows the effect Jack has had on Sam and quite possibly one of the things about her which annoys him and which she's been working on changing is when she's on Atlantis (I think her first episode as commander) and she's looking at the sky with Shepherd and she launches into an explanation of the science then stops, self-corrects realizing he doesn't care about that, then goes on with an appreciation of their beauty. Can't see early season Sam doing that, and shows me, really, the effect certain influences have had on her...

Comment

good haha! im glad your converting him though!
        hee, even if I have to do it by force!
        Too cool for a signature.

Comment

I've never had a flame review--I don't know that particular joy! I had one reviewer who told me I was too angsty on "Passing Time" (Heroes to Threads in Jack's voice--how can it NOT be angsty????), and one reviewer for my latest "Paradise Bound" who said that I had O'Neill doing something stupid--which was funny because I'd already written the next chapter and he admits it was stupid. But other than that, no flamers. Now, this is not an invitation for those of you funny people out there to do one "for fun". Really. It's not.

But it's nice to have both of my vices back (GW and FFnet)--and for a little shameless self promotion--there's a new chapter of Team Building for those of you who are interested. And it's a little shippy--just a bit. So it's not even OT. Kinda.
          curses.....you ruined my fun....

I was *looking* for a list of such moments. Still haven't found one, and I kinda got distracted before I could make my own, though I may well get that compiled when I do my next Shippy re-watch. Which may be sooner than I had planned... cause...

Mostlly OT RL saga...
          Spoiler:
          I met a boy. And I like him. I knew I was in trouble the moment I laid eyes on him. He's cute. And me and *cute* tend to be *trouble*. And then he told me he's an XF fan. I squeed. Out loud. Right there in front of him. And then... he told me that a friend had just lent him the DVDs for another sci-fi series he hadn't seen yet... Stargate. I melted. Then I showed him a vid or two of mine. And then I asked if he'd be interested in letting me usher him into the world of Stargate. And he said yes!

And then he offered me Southern Comfort, and I was and am *smitten*. <le sigh> I haven't really *liked* liked a boy in a long time... so... we'll see... but he's off to a great start!
          OT:

Spoiler:
          I hope he's not literally a boy (under 18).....

Comment

lol thatd be great to see Sam sitting watching some sci-fi show and going "no you cant do that! the hyperdrive engine doesnt work like that!" or if there was an equation in the scene that some actor/scientist was looking over she'd take one look and be like "thats not the equation for that!!" and poor Jack just sitting there completely confused! haha
            *Reverse the polarity!* I said *REVERSE*!!!
            Love and hot fudge,
            Bren Ren
            ~
            My stories!
            ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
              If she were into sitcoms, The Big Bang Theory would SO be up her street Plenty of science jargon in that for her dissect.
              Yeah, all whilst Jack tries to distract her with his own Big Bang Theory.

*QUARKS*!!!

*Don't mind me, just got back from bro's b-day dinner, where I just might have consumed a wee bit of an adult beverage...*
              Love and hot fudge,
              Bren Ren
              ~
              My stories!
              ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                OT:

Spoiler:
                I hope he's not literally a boy (under 18).....

Seriously?
                Spoiler:
                Give me a *little* credit. He's actually a year older than me. Jeez.
                Love and hot fudge,
                Bren Ren
                ~
                My stories!
                ~

sigpic

Comment

Brings fic rec...cute and fluffy with a hint of gutter...

Counting Clocks by ziparumpazoo
                  sigpic
                  Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                  My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Sam and Jack watching TV together.
                    I do agree with most of you that they have different interests, but perhaps they would trade or so. Jack can watch his hockey games and the Simpsons as long as Sam can see her TV shows(perhaps a TV quiz or a sci-fi show that she can mock... Or the discovery channel; I can see her watching some programs of that TV channel)

Overall I agree with the people who said that probably when Jack is watching TV Sam is snuggling against him and reading a book, or perhaps still being a work-a-holic and working on her laptop.

Yeah, all whilst Jack tries to distract her with his own Big Bang Theory.

*QUARKS*!!!

*Don't mind me, just got back from bro's b-day dinner, where I just might have consumed a wee bit of an adult beverage...*
                    ROFL! Big bang indeed!

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                    Brings fic rec...cute and fluffy with a hint of gutter...

Counting Clocks by ziparumpazoo
                    Awww that was indeed cute Thanks for the rec Rachel
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      Sam and Jack watching TV together.
                      I do agree with most of you that they have different interests, but perhaps they would trade or so. Jack can watch his hockey games and the Simpsons as long as Sam can see her TV shows(perhaps a TV quiz or a sci-fi show that she can mock... Or the discovery channel; I can see her watching some programs of that TV channel)

Overall I agree with the people who said that probably when Jack is watching TV Sam is snuggling against him and reading a book, or perhaps still being a work-a-holic and working on her laptop.

ROFL! Big bang indeed!

Awww that was indeed cute Thanks for the rec Rachel
                      Jann, you're giving me fic ideas here....

Not that my little fic bunnies with teeth need any help right now.
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Yet another one

Thanks for the fic rec Rachel!!!
                        sigpic
                        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          here's a question.

years, *years* of working together and being on missions and such, would definitely let each other know what the other is like. BUT, actually having to live with it, 24/7...

name some stuff you think sam and jack would get irritated with each other about.
                          Someone once told me that the things that you think are cute during the dating period are the things that will annoy you after the wedding. Turns out, she was right.

I'm thinking his flippancy will annoy her, but since he usually uses it as a stress reliever, and since we all know that they will be FISHING to relieve their stress together, I'm thinking he won't be as sarcastic after the FISHING begins.

On the other hand, she's a work-a-holic, and I think that will grate on his nerves. I think he'll wish that she would just take some time off once in a while--you know, to focus on FISHING.
                          Hmm, interesting question. I think Jack is quite an stubborn man when it comes to forgiveness. He's never forgiven himself for Charlie's death, he never forgave Frank Cromwell for leaving him in Iraq and he's fairly antagonistic to the Russians, perhaps as a hang over from the Cold War. I think that's a personality flaw Sam would wish he didn't have, but which she's accept as being who he is.

As for Jack on Sam, I think her habit of interupting a movie to point out the accuracies or otherwise (or even just the "how its done" for special effects etc.) will drive him a bit bonkers.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          and why do they do that in shows/movies? how many tv shows have we seen, where the ppl 'in' the show don't ever watch tv?

i wonder what sam and jack's embarrassed-to-admit tv shows are?

Oh, and she doesn't get the Simpsons--my guess is that won't change. I wonder what show she'll want to watch--something on the Discovery Channel? I don't peg her as an American Idol fan or anything like that. Maybe she watches Bones. So their TV personalities maybe won't mesh, either, I'm thinking.
                          See I think she would eventually get The Simpsons because it is rather clever and quite thoughtful at times. I think if she sat down and allowed herself to see through the fact it's a cartoon with some quite childish humour, there's some excellent observations there. Obviously she'll never be as big a fan as Jack but she'd watch and enjoy.
                          Sam I can see liking sci fi if only to pick it to pieces (see above) but I don't think her lifestyle has or does really allow for her to get very into a TV series at all.

I've always suspected Jack doesn't hate sci fi quite as much as he makes out. He claimed never to have seen Star Wars but yet knew the character's names and even some of their tradmarks. Teal'c appears to love it so I reckon he's been forced to sit through enouh of it over the years to grudingly like some of it.

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                          I put together an animated gif of the part where Sam is checking out Jack at the end of Broca Divide. I put a few "thoughts" in her head too.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/...broca-ogle.gif
                          thumbnail view, click for larger

Priceless!

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          Hey everyone!

OT
                          Spoiler:
                          I haven't been around much (school/work/drama competition has taken up nearly all of my time), but I'm really looking forward to Valenship!

As to TV shows Sam and Jack would watch, I've always wanted to read a fic about Sam having a MacGyver obsession, and Jack having one with Sanctuary.

I'm pretty sure I read a fic once where Jack's cousin turned out to be either Mcgyver or Richard Dean Anderson and Sam turned out to have a huge girly crush on the man and was gobsmacked when Jack introduced them. It wasn't on FF.net though; can't for the life of me remember where it was.

Rachel500, great fic rec! Thanks.

Loving all the videos and fics here lately. I need to go back, reread/watch and review since I've barely had time to think the last few days.
                          sigpic

Comment

Seriously?
                            Spoiler:
                            Give me a *little* credit. He's actually a year older than me. Jeez.
                            OT:
                            Spoiler:

sheesh!! can't ya tell when I'm jokin' FCOL?

I was only teasin' ya cuz you kept callin' him a boy.....

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                              Jann, you're giving me fic ideas here....

Not that my little fic bunnies with teeth need any help right now.
                              It was unintentional !!

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                              Yet another one
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bShrFb8YTLo

Thanks for the fic rec Rachel!!!
                              That's awesome! I love the "reverse" moments!
                              sigpic

Comment

Yet another one
                                Devilish Me! That was AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X