Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
    I am loving the embedded video feature of the new style forum.

Loving the videos.
    I'm loving it too bc now i get the chance to see all the awesomeness everybody makes
    sigpic
    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
      Spoiler:
      yes, i know that there are these words...but are they commonly used? I'm just curious
      ...and a X-Phile like me knows the cerulean blue very well
      Teal (not Teal'c)
      Cornflower blue (um...Sam's eyes)
      Skyblue
      aquamarine

And...lol...as and X-Phile myself I'll go with Cerulean myself.

And a Mala manip (to keep me on topic):
      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Watching the Simpsons and imagining Jack and Sam watchinng this together
        sigpic

Comment

here's a question.

years, *years* of working together and being on missions and such, would definitely let each other know what the other is like. BUT, actually having to live with it, 24/7...

name some stuff you think sam and jack would get irritated with each other about.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            here's a question.

years, *years* of working together and being on missions and such, would definitely let each other know what the other is like. BUT, actually having to live with it, 24/7...

name some stuff you think sam and jack would get irritated with each other about.
            Jack's lack of diet aka pretty much only having guinness and not knowing what kind of food to get when he's sent to the grocery store
            sigpic

Comment

Someone once told me that the things that you think are cute during the dating period are the things that will annoy you after the wedding. Turns out, she was right.

I'm thinking his flippancy will annoy her, but since he usually uses it as a stress reliever, and since we all know that they will be FISHING to relieve their stress together, I'm thinking he won't be as sarcastic after the FISHING begins.

On the other hand, she's a work-a-holic, and I think that will grate on his nerves. I think he'll wish that she would just take some time off once in a while--you know, to focus on FISHING.

Those are my ideas.

Oh, and she doesn't get the Simpsons--my guess is that won't change. I wonder what show she'll want to watch--something on the Discovery Channel? I don't peg her as an American Idol fan or anything like that. Maybe she watches Bones. So their TV personalities maybe won't mesh, either, I'm thinking.
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                Someone once told me that the things that you think are cute during the dating period are the things that will annoy you after the wedding. Turns out, she was right.

I'm thinking his flippancy will annoy her, but since he usually uses it as a stress reliever, and since we all know that they will be FISHING to relieve their stress together, I'm thinking he won't be as sarcastic after the FISHING begins.

On the other hand, she's a work-a-holic, and I think that will grate on his nerves. I think he'll wish that she would just take some time off once in a while--you know, to focus on FISHING.

Those are my ideas.

Oh, and she doesn't get the Simpsons--my guess is that won't change. I wonder what show she'll want to watch--something on the Discovery Channel? I don't peg her as an American Idol fan or anything like that. Maybe she watches Bones. So their TV personalities maybe won't mesh, either, I'm thinking.
                i totally concur with all of that except that i see Sam as more of a reader than a television watcher when she isnt being a work-a-holic
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                  i totally concur with all of that except that i see Sam as more of a reader than a television watcher when she isnt being a work-a-holic
                  and why do they do that in shows/movies? how many tv shows have we seen, where the ppl 'in' the show don't ever watch tv?

i wonder what sam and jack's embarrassed-to-admit tv shows are?
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    and why do they do that in shows/movies? how many tv shows have we seen, where the ppl 'in' the show don't ever watch tv?

i wonder what sam and jack's embarrassed-to-admit tv shows are?
                    lol goodd point

hmmm *ponder ponder* probably some ridiculous reality show...like american idol or something haha. maybe the watch amazing race and go "yeah not so amazing, ive faced tougher challenges."
                    sigpic

Comment

I put together an animated gif of the part where Sam is checking out Jack at the end of Broca Divide. I put a few "thoughts" in her head too.

thumbnail view, click for larger

Or watch bigger pics in a slideshow at photobucket:

Or if you just want the screencaps this is the album link.
                      Last edited by UhSir; 28 January 2010, 05:40 PM. Reason: change link to slideshow

Comment

UhSir haha that was perfect!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                          lol goodd point

hmmm *ponder ponder* probably some ridiculous reality show...like american idol or something haha. maybe the watch amazing race and go "yeah not so amazing, ive faced tougher challenges."
                          Woaw, can you imagine Sam and Jack going on Amazing Race? That would be hilarious! They would be introduced as the middle aged couple who work in deep space radar telemetry, but then end up kicking serious bootie!

...I like this idea a lot!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                            Woaw, can you imagine Sam and Jack going on Amazing Race? That would be hilarious! They would be introduced as the middle aged couple who work in deep space radar telemetry, but then end up kicking serious bootie!

i don't watch the show, but i'm familiar with it, and that would be *very* funny to see!!

couldn't you just see the others thinking, 'who ARE these ppl?!?'
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Especially if they could Zat all the idiot whiners! Sigh--Heaven!
                              sigpic
                              My Stories: FFdotNet
                              My Stories AO3
                              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post

hahaha thatd be so great! everybody would be like "wow! revenge of the nerds to the max!" lol
                                maybe somebody here who has skill with fanfic should write it
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X