Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
    Yes that's what I meant - shipday as a deadline is a great idea! I think it does need organising, at least so we don't all write the same one.
    Though it would be quite interesting to see the different variations if you all did write the same one! (of course one of the less strictly defined ones)

Looking forward to when all of these plot bunnies are released!

Comment

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
      Don't worry about it, just join in! It's fairly simple. We all have an episode or two, or more, each. And the storylines of the episodes are made roughly clear on the list. So I doubt it'll cause many arguments. Do you have a Google+/gmail account?

Do you have a Google+ or gmail account? We're holding discussions over there. Soon. So you'll need to, at least, be there to pick out some episodes, I think. After that, you can stick around and have the rest of the group comment and beta on your episodes or work independently with your own beta or none.

I have a google and gmail account but I'm woefully untechchie. Like once I'm logged in, where do I go to find you guys and what do I do when I get there? Will it be obvious?
      sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

love it, fems

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            i'm reading the atlantis legacy series thread, and one of the authors made a comment that i wanted to discuss here -

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post12418854

"We weren't given any information at all about this and were told there was no showrunner's "bible" for us to see. So all we can do is extrapolate from what we see on the screen, the same as you can. We were told to regard canon as what we see in a filmed, released scene, either that aired or as a DVD extra, and to disregard interviews, commentary, things said at cons, things in scripts that weren't filmed, etc on the grounds that those were conflicting and often not final. What we have to work with is what's on teh DVD sets, and that's it."

the bolding is mine: so do you guys think the deleted, *but filmed* 'trio' scene (that was a dvd extra) would be considered canon then?
            Personally, I pick and choose which of the deleted scenes are canon. This one, I tend not to, because it's a step back, imo, to Sam and Jack's relationship. It seems to make them wait even longer than necessary to some nebulous future.
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              i'm reading the atlantis legacy series thread, and one of the authors made a comment that i wanted to discuss here -

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post12418854

"We weren't given any information at all about this and were told there was no showrunner's "bible" for us to see. So all we can do is extrapolate from what we see on the screen, the same as you can. We were told to regard canon as what we see in a filmed, released scene, either that aired or as a DVD extra, and to disregard interviews, commentary, things said at cons, things in scripts that weren't filmed, etc on the grounds that those were conflicting and often not final. What we have to work with is what's on teh DVD sets, and that's it."

the bolding is mine: so do you guys think the deleted, *but filmed* 'trio' scene (that was a dvd extra) would be considered canon then?
              It is to me
              sigpic
              sig by Mada
              As a matter of FIC

Comment

Guys, has anyone heard from Hlndncr?

Seems like I haven't seen her around much and I missed her on MajorSal's great episode abcs recently. She would definitely have been a part of that.

sigpic
                sig by Mada
                As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                  Guys, has anyone heard from Hlndncr?

Seems like I haven't seen her around much and I missed her on MajorSal's great episode abcs recently. She would definitely have been a part of that.

I could be wrong, but I thought she said she was going to be on vacation for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                    I have a google and gmail account but I'm woefully untechchie. Like once I'm logged in, where do I go to find you guys and what do I do when I get there? Will it be obvious?
                    Not exactly. But my name on there is Eloise 'Simlead' Sims (<--not my actual surname, stalkers ). Log in, and go to your profile. There will be a search bar that says 'Google+' next to it. Search my name and then PM me here if you can't figure out how to message people over there.
                    Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
                    My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      I could be wrong, but I thought she said she was going to be on vacation for awhile.
                      Oh ok cool.

Thanks Jan.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Mada
                      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Not exactly. But my name on there is Eloise 'Simlead' Sims (<--not my actual surname, stalkers ). Log in, and go to your profile. There will be a search bar that says 'Google+' next to it. Search my name and then PM me here if you can't figure out how to message people over there.
                        You can find myself and neverendingimagination through Sim. Or you can search for "Paula Blackie" the same way you search for Sim
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by Nola
                        Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

I had issues using it too. Still can't work out how to message anyone. As Roque said I'm on there too, think my email is nendingimagination and my I'D is Neverending Imagination - my picture is a loch covered in snow with a girl and two dogs with their backs to the camera if it helps.
                          Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                          If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

I had issues using it too. Still can't work out how to message anyone. As Roque said I'm on there too, think my email is nendingimagination and my I'D is Neverending Imagination - my picture is a loch covered in snow with a girl and two dogs with their backs to the camera if it helps.
                            I sent you a message on there, by the way. Just go to someone's profile and you'll see some icons next to their name. One will be a little like a speech bubble. When you hover over it, it will say 'Hangout' etc. Click it. A chat box will appear, type your message in there and you're good to go.
                            Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
                            My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

You can also simply email everyone or invite everyone (via their email) to share a file on Google Drive. If you've mailed someone or received an email from someone with a gmail address it'll automatically show up in your own chat window on the left (underneath inbox, spam, concepts, etc) in your email inbox.

Just saying that might be easier for someone to do for those who aren't familiar with the system.
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I'm having a lot of trouble finding the right people on google plus. So, just to make it a little easier (hopefully), this is me on Google+. (As you can see, it's not like I actually use it, but since we're going to try to get something going I might try my hand at it. I'm a facebook girl, myself.)
                                Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X