Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
    All you really need to do is take one episode or more and write. Once all of us start choosing.

It's basically just a thing of convenience. Say one of us finishes an episode and sends out the document to the rest of us. Then we can discuss in live time through the chat box while reading it, and make changes and things.
    Then there's always the event that two or more of us want to do the same episode and neither can decide whether to back down or perist. We can collab on individual episodes if needed. So, really, it's convenience and privacy. As long as we get them done and enjoy it, what does it matter?
    Ah, I think I get it. The google drive option is to get your work beta'd or if you're collaborating. If someone's writing on their own and has their own beta (or works without one), then they wouldn't necessarily need to be part of the google thing, yeah?
    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
      Ah, I think I get it. The google drive option is to get your work beta'd or if you're collaborating. If someone's writing on their own and has their own beta (or works without one), then they wouldn't necessarily need to be part of the google thing, yeah?
      Yeah, they wouldn't have to share anything. They would just have to choose whether or not to comment/help beta others' episodes. You can, if you like, take your share of the list and work with your own beta or independently. But you can also join in with the group and comment/beta/just generally hang around and (hopefully) bring your ideas, bunnies and muses with you. I'm sure Sam and Jack would appreciate it.
      Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
      My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
        Yeah, they wouldn't have to share anything. They would just have to choose whether or not to comment/help beta others' episodes. You can, if you like, take your share of the list and work with your own beta or independently. But you can also join in with the group and comment/beta/just generally hang around and (hopefully) bring your ideas, bunnies and muses with you. I'm sure Sam and Jack would appreciate it.
        Now that just sounds like fun!
        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Now that just sounds like fun!
          I wouldn't put it past myself not to do more messing about, and all that, than actual writing. Or maybe that's my fried, 10:29pm brain talking.

Comment

I want to participate but I'm scared of messing it up? What happens if somebody takes a story own a path and everyone else doesn't like it *nailbiting*

Re-fixing my captions to Nolamom's pics cause one was trapped inside the quote and cause I love Jack's expression on the first one:

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            Captions anyone?

[URL=http://s77.photobucket.com/user/Nolamom/media/Stargate%20Stuff/sg1_209_150crop.jpg.html]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Stargate%20Stuff/sg1_209_150crop.jpg~original
            Dad put buckshot in my first boyfriend' rear.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            [URL=http://s77.photobucket.com/user/Nolamom/media/Stargate%20Stuff/sg1_209_233crop.jpg.html]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Stargate%20Stuff/sg1_209_233crop.jpg~original
            Every guy that's ever been interested has strangely disappeared. Funny coincidence, Dad, it's always after I introduced them to you...
            Last edited by RamonaThePest; 28 May 2013, 02:07 PM. Reason: Now the links don't work :(
            sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

concerning the stargate atlantis legacy books...

i'd really like to give feedback to the authors of this series. does anyone know where/how i can contact them?
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                concerning the stargate atlantis legacy books...

i'd really like to give feedback to the authors of this series. does anyone know where/how i can contact them?
                I think you'll need to go to the Fandemonium page itself and write to Sally Malcolm, who might then pass on the note to the authors. But someone on this thread said that she didn't reply to later emails, so I'm not too sure if that's going to work just now.

This sounds like a great idea for Ship Day! I might give it a shot when I get back from vacation (I'm away at the moment) so just let me know what to do.
                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                  I think you'll need to go to the Fandemonium page itself and write to Sally Malcolm, who might then pass on the note to the authors. But someone on this thread said that she didn't reply to later emails, so I'm not too sure if that's going to work just now.
                  i just want to pass on a BRAVO on the series, and thank the writers for getting in the closest to confirmation we've ever had.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    i just want to pass on a BRAVO on the series, and thank the writers for getting in the closest to confirmation we've ever had.
                    I'll see if I can pass on the message. Who wrote the series?
                    sigpic

Comment

+ =

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                        I'll see if I can pass on the message. Who wrote the series?
                        books -
                        #1 - jo graham and melissa scott
                        #2 - jo graham and amy griswold
                        #3 - melissa scott and amy griswold
                        #4 - jo graham
                        #5 - melissa scott and jo graham
                        #6 - melissa scott, jo graham, and amy griswold
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

i'm reading the atlantis legacy series thread, and one of the authors made a comment that i wanted to discuss here -

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post12418854

"We weren't given any information at all about this and were told there was no showrunner's "bible" for us to see. So all we can do is extrapolate from what we see on the screen, the same as you can. We were told to regard canon as what we see in a filmed, released scene, either that aired or as a DVD extra, and to disregard interviews, commentary, things said at cons, things in scripts that weren't filmed, etc on the grounds that those were conflicting and often not final. What we have to work with is what's on teh DVD sets, and that's it."

the bolding is mine: so do you guys think the deleted, *but filmed* 'trio' scene (that was a dvd extra) would be considered canon then?
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Chemmy - you (and others) were wondering about getting tee-shirts printed with your gone fishing logo? I just ordered a shirt, mug, and sketchbook from Vistaprint. the t-shirt was $6 printed with my own logo.

OT
                            Spoiler:

This is my logo design

sigpic

Comment

Vistaprint exists here too but they have only white tshirts and the shipping isn't cheap.
                              But I found a site with good prices and free shipping if you buy at least 3 tshirts.
                              2 other girls who will go to LFCC asked me to print a tshirt for them so now I just have to decide which combination of color I want...nope still no idea!
                              Btw they chose:
                              - white tshirt. Light grey heart and white pattern
                              - black tshirt. White heart and pinkish pattern
                              sigpic
                              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                                I want to participate but I'm scared of messing it up? What happens if somebody takes a story own a path and everyone else doesn't like it *nailbiting*
                                Don't worry about it, just join in! It's fairly simple. We all have an episode or two, or more, each. And the storylines of the episodes are made roughly clear on the list. So I doubt it'll cause many arguments. Do you have a Google+/gmail account?

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                                This sounds like a great idea for Ship Day! I might give it a shot when I get back from vacation (I'm away at the moment) so just let me know what to do.
                                Do you have a Google+ or gmail account? We're holding discussions over there. Soon. So you'll need to, at least, be there to pick out some episodes, I think. After that, you can stick around and have the rest of the group comment and beta on your episodes or work independently with your own beta or none.

Comment

Working...
                                X